It was announced during the livestream presentation of Pokemon Direct on Thursday that cloud-based service Pokemon Home is slated to launch in February for iOS, Nintendo Switch, and Android devices in February.
For those who are curious about this service, Pokemon Home will allow players to store and bring over their captured Pokemon from Pokemon Bank, Pokemon GO, Pokemon: Let’s Go Pikachu!, and Pokemon: Let’s Go Eevee! to your Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield game in the Nintendo Switch. Players will be able to successfully transfer their Pokemon as long as they’ve appeared in the base games or in their upcoming expansions (slated to be released this June and in the fall).
With the use of this service, you will also be able to transfer from Pokemon between the Sword and Shield games as well as their expansions.
Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield were released worldwide on November 15. The two versions of the game feature Pokemon from the Galar region, and players can choose one of the three basic starter Pokemon namely Gookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble. This is also the game where the Gigantamax forms are featured, in which Pikachu, Eevee, Meowth, Butterfree, Charizard, Alcremie, and Corviknight will be having their own, said forms in this game. Two legendary Pokemon will also be introduced.
Other features in the Pokemon Sword and Shield games include the Max Raid Battles, Dynamax, Gigantamax forms, the Battle Stadium, Poke Jobs, Pokemon Camp, and Surprise trades. This is the second Nintendo Switch game for the popular franchise.
The first Nintendo Switch games Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu!, and Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! were released in November 2018. The release of the games was a huge success as it had a record of more than 11.28 million combined sales as of September 2019. This huge number has made the games known as one of the best-selling games for the Nintendo Switch.
Nintendo announced previously that the Pokemon Sword and Shield games will have seven net anime shorts titled Twilight Wings (Hakumei no Tsubasa). The shorts will be produced by Studio Colorido, the same studio that produced Fastening Days, Penguin Highway, and Typhoon Noruda).
While a lot of us are still hype for the new games, a new Pokemon movie has been announced—and is confirmed to be a sequel to the previous “I Choose You” film that premiered on 2017.
The announcement and the unveiling of the new trailer to the upcoming Pokemon anime film titled Pokemon the Movie: Coco happened in the Japanese morning program Oha Suta that aired on January 10. While the previous film was produced in CGI, this upcoming movie will be done in traditional animation.
As of this time, we don’t have much info on what the story of the upcoming film. However, it slated to be released in Japan on July 10. The director for Pokemon the Movie: Coco is Tetsuo Yajima, who previously directed the Pokemon the Movie: The Power of Us movie. Long-time Pokemon writer Atsuhiro Tomioka is confirmed to the scriptwriter for the new film.
With this service, there is more reason to finally catch them all!
‘BEASTARS’ Manga is Now Reaching ClimaxAug 7, 6am
The Nintendo Switch has Sold 61.44 Million Units Worldwide, Animal Crossing Sold 22.4 Million Copies in Latest Quarter ReportAug 7, 7am
Trailer Revealed for Trilogy Film of Surfing-Themed Mixed-Media Franchise “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!” Aug 5, 7am
New Trailer Previews Theme Song of Anime Film “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” by BUMP OF CHICKENAug 4, 4am
Demon Slayer Song “Gurenge” Makes LiSA First Female Japanese Artist to Get 1 Million Song DownloadsJul 29, 4am
After COVID-19 Delay, “The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement” Now Slated for January 2021 PremiereAug 5, 6am
Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” FilmAug 3, 5am
In a Franchise First, Newest Love Live! Group Nijigasaki Academy School Idol Club Adds New Official MemberAug 4, 5am
Koei Tecmo Financial Report Confirms Western Release of “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers” Jul 28, 5am
- ‘Golden Kamuy’ Anime Collaboration is Happening in Mobile Game GRAND SUMMONERS
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Maxiboost ON Tops Latest Japanese Video Game Rankings
- The Nintendo Switch has Sold 61.44 Million Units Worldwide, Animal Crossing Sold 22.4 Million Copies in Latest Quarter Report
- ‘TEKKEN 7’ Video Game Announces Season Pass 4!
- ‘BEASTARS’ Manga is Now Reaching Climax
- Trailer Revealed for Trilogy Film of Surfing-Themed Mixed-Media Franchise “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!”
- After COVID-19 Delay, “The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement” Now Slated for January 2021 Premiere
- Sailor Moon Eternal Film Reveals Voice Cast for the Amazon Trio
- “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku” Gets New OVA Episode
- In a Franchise First, Newest Love Live! Group Nijigasaki Academy School Idol Club Adds New Official Member
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song of Anime Film “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” by BUMP OF CHICKEN
- Shonen Jump Teases that One Piece is Entering its “Upcoming Final Arc”
- Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” Film
- “Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train” Reveals New Full Trailer, Theme Song by LiSA
- New Visual and October 2 Premiere Revealed for “TONIKAWA: Over the Moon For You”
- Goro Miyazaki is in Full Confidence on the Success of ‘Earwig and the Witch’ CG Film
- A Florida Congressman Warns Citizens About “Internet Anime Porn” Like ‘Dragon Ball Z’
- Dance Video of “Kaguya-sama”’s Chika Fujiwara Reaches 20 Million Views!