Be prepared for some live-action fujoshi shenanigans as Kodansha has just announced that popular shoujo manga title Kiss Him, Not Me (Watashi ga Motete Dousunda) will be getting a live-action film adaptation! A cast as well as a teaser visual was also revealed for the upcoming film.
The cast are, from top row left to right:
· Nonoka Yamaguchi (member of E-girls) as Kae Serinuma (after her weight loss)
· Hokuto Yoshino (THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE) as Asuma Mutsumi, the cool senpai who falls for Kae
· Asahi Itou as Nozomu Nanashima, the “bad boy”
From bottom row, left to right:
· Miu Tomita as Kae Serinuma (before weight loss)
· Fuju Kamio as Yusuke Igarashi, Kae’s serious but kind classmate
· Sou Okuno as Hayato Shinomiya, a tsundere kouhai (lower classman)
The film will be directed by Norihisa Hiranuma (High & Low film series), who will also be writing the script along with Nami Kikkawa, Shouhei Fukuda, Kei Watanabe, and Daisuke Kamijou.
Kodansha Comics also publishes the Kiss Him, Not Me series in English. They describe the manga’s story as such:
“Hi there! My name is Serinuma Kae. I’m the kind of girl who loves checking out boys and fantasizing about them getting friendly (and more) with each other – I’m what you might call a fujoshi. One day, my beloved (yes, he’s an anime character) died, and the shock of it all was more than I could have ever prepared for! My grief over his passing resulted in some ridiculous weight-loss!
And you won’t believe what happened next! Soon after my change, the four most divinely gorgeous boys in my school asked me out on dates! I accepted them all, and you’d think I’d be happy with my sudden popularity, but the truth is, my heart only yearns for a prince to be next to his prince. Ahh, yes, boys, I’d much prefer that you turn your affections elsewhere and Kiss Him, Not Me!”
Kiss Him, Not Me is a romcom shoujo manga written and illustrated by Junko. It was first released in 2013 on Kodansha’s Bessatsu Friend magazine, with 14 compiled volumes released so far. An anime adaptation by Brain Base aired from October to December 2016. The series also won the Best Shoujo Manga award during the 40th Kodansha Manga Awards.
Source: Anime News Network
- Netflix Finally Adds Last 41 Episodes of 1986 “Saint Seiya” Anime Series with New English Dub and Subs
- Additional Cast, Run Dates Revealed for “Fire Force” Stage Play
- Boys-Love Anime “given” Gets Stage Play Adaptation, Stage Actors to Actually Play Instruments On-Stage
- 100-second OP Movie Released for “Argonavis from BanG Dream!” TV Anime
- Theatrical Opening of “Violet Evergarden” Movie Postponed Due to COVID-19
- Japan’s King of Love Songs Returns to Sing Opening Theme Song of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” Season 2
- Mystery Man in Japan Naming Himself as ‘Inosuke’ Donated Masks and Alcohol to Nursing Home
- Yen Press Announces Delays of Both Manga and Novel Releases Until September
- ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Tops Japanese Video Game Rankings…AGAIN!
- Crunchyroll to Add ‘Princess Connect!’, ‘Dropkick on My Devil!! Dash’, and More to Streaming Library
- ‘Tiger & Bunny’ Anime is Finally Getting a Second Season!
- ‘Tokyo Mew Mew’ Manga is Getting A New Anime!
- Release of 1st of Six “Princess Principal” Sequel Films Delayed Due to COVID-19
- Season 5 Confirmed for “My Hero Academia”
- Funimation Adds “Kingdom” Season 3 to its Spring Season Lineup for US, Canada, UK, and Ireland
- Additional Cast, Staff, and September 11 Premier Revealed for “Umibe no Étranger” Boys-Love Film
- KONOSUBA Light Novel Series Set to End With 17th Volume to be Released this May
- New Promo Video Released for “Strike the Blood IV” OVA Series