Be prepared for some live-action fujoshi shenanigans as Kodansha has just announced that popular shoujo manga title Kiss Him, Not Me (Watashi ga Motete Dousunda) will be getting a live-action film adaptation! A cast as well as a teaser visual was also revealed for the upcoming film.
The cast are, from top row left to right:
· Nonoka Yamaguchi (member of E-girls) as Kae Serinuma (after her weight loss)
· Hokuto Yoshino (THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE) as Asuma Mutsumi, the cool senpai who falls for Kae
· Asahi Itou as Nozomu Nanashima, the “bad boy”
From bottom row, left to right:
· Miu Tomita as Kae Serinuma (before weight loss)
· Fuju Kamio as Yusuke Igarashi, Kae’s serious but kind classmate
· Sou Okuno as Hayato Shinomiya, a tsundere kouhai (lower classman)
The film will be directed by Norihisa Hiranuma (High & Low film series), who will also be writing the script along with Nami Kikkawa, Shouhei Fukuda, Kei Watanabe, and Daisuke Kamijou.
Kodansha Comics also publishes the Kiss Him, Not Me series in English. They describe the manga’s story as such:
“Hi there! My name is Serinuma Kae. I’m the kind of girl who loves checking out boys and fantasizing about them getting friendly (and more) with each other – I’m what you might call a fujoshi. One day, my beloved (yes, he’s an anime character) died, and the shock of it all was more than I could have ever prepared for! My grief over his passing resulted in some ridiculous weight-loss!
And you won’t believe what happened next! Soon after my change, the four most divinely gorgeous boys in my school asked me out on dates! I accepted them all, and you’d think I’d be happy with my sudden popularity, but the truth is, my heart only yearns for a prince to be next to his prince. Ahh, yes, boys, I’d much prefer that you turn your affections elsewhere and Kiss Him, Not Me!”
Kiss Him, Not Me is a romcom shoujo manga written and illustrated by Junko. It was first released in 2013 on Kodansha’s Bessatsu Friend magazine, with 14 compiled volumes released so far. An anime adaptation by Brain Base aired from October to December 2016. The series also won the Best Shoujo Manga award during the 40th Kodansha Manga Awards.
Source: Anime News Network
Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1 Jan 17, 9amWe are back again with another round-up of these kinds of guides to help beginner con attendees and cosplayers on their first convention. As observed, there are some cosplayers who make mistakes during the event.
- Love Live! Franchise Announces New Project, Details to be Revealed on January 30
- Fruits Basket Season 2 Set for a Spring 2020 Premiere!
- Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1
- ‘Pokemon Sword and Shield’ Still Top the First Weeks of 2020 Japan Video Game Rankings
- ‘Weathering With You’ Conquers U.S. Box Office at #2!
- Supernatural Boys-Love Manga “The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window” Gets Live-Action Film Adaptation
- “Whisper of the Heart” Manga Gets Live-Action Film Adaptation
- Select US Theaters List Anime Film “Ride Your Wave” as Showing on February 19
- New Main Visual for 24th Detective Conan Movie Features Akai Family
- Animated Promo Video Released for “Cells at Work! Black” Manga
- 1st Teaser Trailer Revealed for Live-Action Film Adaptation of Boys-Love Manga “Love Stage!!”
- Violet Evergarden Side-Story “Eternity and Auto Memories Doll” Gets Theatrical US Screenings
- Atlus Releases Opening Video for “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers”
- Square Enix Delays Final Fantasy VII Remake Release to April 10
- Konomi Suzuki, nonoc Return to Sing Theme Songs for Re:ZERO Season 2
- BEASTARS to be Available in Netflix Outside Japan on March 13!
- ‘Detective Conan’ Characters Step Into the Real World in New ‘Universal Cool Japan’ Ad
- New ‘Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru’ Story in the Works