Digimon fans in the US, rejoice! Fathom Events in partnership with Toei Animation has announced that they will be holding US theatrical screenings for the upcoming Digimon Adventure: The Last Evolution Kizuna anime movie! According to the announcement, the film will be screened in select cinemas in the US on March 25. Tickets to the film will be sold starting on February 7.
Fathom Events also indicated in the announcement that the film will be screened in Japanese dub with English subtitles. There is no news of an English dub for the movie so far.
The film is set to open in Japan on February 21. An English-subtitled trailer was previously released, which you can watch here!
The trailer is set in the year 2010, with the DigiDestined all grown up but are still together with their partner Digimon. A new character, a Digimon researcher named Menoa Bellucci tells them that now that they are all grown up, their partner Digimon will soon disappear. But before that happens, Taichi, Yamato, and the rest of DigiDestined have one final mission with their beloved Digimon. It was previously revealed that the movie will follow the original DigiDestined at age 22, their ages in line with the franchise’s 20th anniversary (Digimon was created in 1997, with the anime series launched two years later). It was also revealed that the 02 Digidestined will be making an appearance in the movie as well.
The film will be directed by Tomohisa Taguchi (Kino’s Journey – the Beautiful World -), with the script to be penned by Akatsuki Yamatoya (Gintama). Yamatoya wrote the scripts for Digimon Adventure and for later seasons as well. Series creator Hiromi Seki returns as supervisor of the film. Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru and Kenji Watanabe are also returning as the film’s original character and monster designers, respectfully. The film will be produced by Toei Animation.
Launched in 1997, Digimon was conceived by Bandai, Toei Animation and Wiz to capitalize on the Tamagotchi craze. An anime series was launched in 1999 about a group of children called the DigiDestined who were sent to the Digimon world to fight evil creatures. The franchise has since spawned several series and films.
Source: Anime News Network
Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1 Jan 17, 9amWe are back again with another round-up of these kinds of guides to help beginner con attendees and cosplayers on their first convention. As observed, there are some cosplayers who make mistakes during the event.
- Love Live! Franchise Announces New Project, Details to be Revealed on January 30
- Fruits Basket Season 2 Set for a Spring 2020 Premiere!
- Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1
- ‘Pokemon Sword and Shield’ Still Top the First Weeks of 2020 Japan Video Game Rankings
- ‘Weathering With You’ Conquers U.S. Box Office at #2!
- Supernatural Boys-Love Manga “The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window” Gets Live-Action Film Adaptation
- “Whisper of the Heart” Manga Gets Live-Action Film Adaptation
- Select US Theaters List Anime Film “Ride Your Wave” as Showing on February 19
- New Main Visual for 24th Detective Conan Movie Features Akai Family
- Animated Promo Video Released for “Cells at Work! Black” Manga
- 1st Teaser Trailer Revealed for Live-Action Film Adaptation of Boys-Love Manga “Love Stage!!”
- Violet Evergarden Side-Story “Eternity and Auto Memories Doll” Gets Theatrical US Screenings
- Atlus Releases Opening Video for “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers”
- Square Enix Delays Final Fantasy VII Remake Release to April 10
- Konomi Suzuki, nonoc Return to Sing Theme Songs for Re:ZERO Season 2
- BEASTARS to be Available in Netflix Outside Japan on March 13!
- ‘Detective Conan’ Characters Step Into the Real World in New ‘Universal Cool Japan’ Ad
- New ‘Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru’ Story in the Works