Cosplay is a wonderful hobby, and it never fails to amaze a lot of audiences with its colors, awesome craftsmanship, and creativity. While you go around in portraying your favorite character, it’s inevitable that you will encounter some malfunctions: a part of your weapon fell off, your wig falls off, a part of your costume gets a tear, and so on.
The solution for this is to have your own Cosplay First-Aid Kit, where you can fix the small tears and broken parts on the spot, and you will able to enjoy the convention again.
The Importance of Having a Cosplay First-Aid Kit
Anything can happen in big anime and hobby conventions, which means you have to be prepared for anybody who wants to have your picture taken as well as video shoots during the day. Having a cosplay first-aid kit lessens your worries of those sudden cosplay prop disasters and wardrobe malfunctions because you have the essential stuff needed with you to get them fixed.
Getting the needed things for this kid isn’t even hard, as the important stuff that you need during the convention can be easily bought in stores. So, we are going to breakdown the needed things for your cosplay first-aid kit.
1. Thread and Needles – This is important most, especially if your cosplay is mostly made out of cloth material. Usually, dress shops or sewing stores sell threads in a set containing various colors. This is great especially if you will be cosplaying different characters for the whole convention weekend.
2. Adhesives – Shoe glue and the related adhesives should be in your cosplay first-aid kit. This is very important, most especially to armored cosplayers or those who bring cosplay props and weapons.
3. Masks and gloves – This is in relation to 2. Remember that you are already in the convention hall and you have no choice but to fix the damage on the spot. Having protective gear like face masks and gloves would prevent you from inhaling the fumes and getting the adhesive into your hands.
4. Extra cloth – No cosplay first-aid kit is complete without some extra fabrics that match the colors and patterns of the cosplay that you are bringing to the con. If you are making the costumes by yourself, be sure to have some extra material at least so that you can use them in case of wardrobe malfunctions.
5. Zip ties and Velcro – There are some props and weapons that might be too heavy and take time to use adhesives. This is where zip ties and Velcro come in. They are safer to use and they are sure to keep your props and weapons in place until the end of the convention.
6. Extra Batteries – If your cosplay props, weapons, and armor use electronics and lights, then you have to make sure that you bring extra batteries with you. The number of batteries that you placed in your cosplay should also be the same number of extra batteries that you’ll bring. It’s better to have more than bringing less.
7. Extra EVA foam – Most of the time, cosplay armor and props are usually made out of rubber or EVA foam. It’s inevitable that they would tear or broke that more you move around the convention. So have some EVA foam with you to patch up the damage.
8. Extra lights – Lights can possibly malfunction too. You should have some extra lights with you so you can easily replace the broken ones while you’re in the con.
9. Portable soldering tool – In relation to numbers 6 and 8, you might need a soldering tool to help you connect the wires or detach the dead lights.
10. Water – The convention can really drain your energy, so you must make sure to keep yourself hydrated all throughout the day. Some conventions might prohibit bringing outside food and drinks but it doesn’t hurt to ask the con organizers regarding this. After all, you don’t want to faint or completely stressed out.
11. Mini-fan – Sometimes due to the massive amount of people in the con, the air conditioner might not be enough to give you enough air to cool. Have a mini-fan handy with you. You can have those standard fans or those battery/USB rechargeable fans. A similar case to number 10, we don’t want to see a cosplayer fainted due to the heat.
12. Basic hygiene things (e.g., body spray, deodorant, etc.) – If you can afford to buy a convention pass, then you have absolutely no problem to buy stuff for your hygiene. Having a small hygiene pack into your cosplay first-aid kid is also important especially when you are sweating a lot and you need to prevent yourself from not smelling. Having an extra shirt with you also helps.
So these are just some of the basics stuff you need for your cosplay first-aid kit. We hope this will help you get prepared for your next upcoming convention. Have fun and stay safe!
Character Trailer Revealed for TV Anime Adaptation of Yongje Park Manhwa “The God of High School” May 28, 6am
Non Non Biyori Season 3 Reveals 1st Key Visual, January 2021 Premiere, Official Title, Returning Cast & StaffMay 26, 6am
Isekai Boys-Love Anime “The Titan’s Bride” Reveals Visual, July 5 TV Premiere + “Explicit” Version Online PremiereMay 20, 7am
“Love Live!” Reveals Promo Video & Names of Five Main Characters For Its Newest TV Anime ProjectMay 19, 6am
First Promo Video for Upcoming “Jujutsu Kaisen” TV Anime Reveals New Cast, Staff, October 2020 PremiereMay 20, 6am
“Weathering With You” Director Makoto Shinkai Announces That He is “Gradually Assembling” His Next FilmMay 21, 6am
English-Subbed Trailer Released for Fire Force Season 2, Opening Theme Song “SPARK-AGAIN” PreviewedMay 26, 6am
- “Fire Force” Season 2 Ending Theme Song to be Sung by Rock Band Cider Girl
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Gets Smartphone Puzzle Game This Year
- Character Trailer Revealed for TV Anime Adaptation of Yongje Park Manhwa “The God of High School”
- Live-Action “Rurouni Kenshin” Films Delayed to Spring 2021 Due to COVID-19
- Smartphone Game Announced for “Saga of Tanya the Evil”
- Kyoto Animation Arson Suspect Finally Arrested After 10 Months of Treatment
- Non Non Biyori Season 3 Reveals 1st Key Visual, January 2021 Premiere, Official Title, Returning Cast & Staff
- Re:ZERO Smartphone Game Reveals Title and Summer 2020 Release in New Teaser Video
- “Jujutsu Kaisen” TV Anime Adaptation Reveals First Key Visual
- English-Subbed Trailer Released for Fire Force Season 2, Opening Theme Song “SPARK-AGAIN” Previewed
- US Customs Seized a Massive 86,000 of ‘Pokemon’ Bootleg Figures
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Remains Supreme at #1 in Recent Video Game Rankings
- Funimation is Streaming the ‘One Piece Stampede’ Film for 60 Days
- Game Developer DMM to Host an Online Convention for Anime Industry Late Next Month
- “Stars Align” Releases “Special Fan Movie” Set Two Years After Anime’s Finale
- New Film Announced for “Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya”
- “Weathering With You” Director Makoto Shinkai Announces That He is “Gradually Assembling” His Next Film
- Isekai Boys-Love Anime “The Titan’s Bride” Reveals Visual, July 5 TV Premiere + “Explicit” Version Online Premiere