This year, popular Japanese instant ramen brand Nissin released a series of advertisements that featured characters from Eiichiro Oda’s long-running One Piece manga. The ad series, dubbed “Hungry Days”, has so far featured two One Piece characters—Roronoa Zoro and Nami.
To refresh your memory: Zoro was the first pirate to feature in the Nissin ad campaign, with his “Hungry Days” stint released last May. You can watch high-schooler Zoro (plus some cool cameos from other One Piece characters) endorsing Nissin here.
Just last September, it was Nami’s turn to feature for the ramen advertisement, which mimicked that one iconic scene where Luffy puts his hat on her head. You can watch the video here.
The noodle brand is not yet done with its One Piece collab though, as this time they are featuring Vivi in their newest ad! The video, which was released last Friday, shows Vivi and her heartbreaking departure from her high school as she transfers to a new school. You can check out the video here.
The half-a-minute video shows Vivi’s flashbacks of her fun high school days with her friends (aka the Straw Hat crew). When it was time for her to leave the school, her friends sent her a video of them with their arms raised and their backs turned to Vivi—but since this is a Nissin ad, they are, of course, holding up Nissin cup noodles. Smooth.
The popular series of advertisements previously featured iconic anime such as Kiki’s Delivery Service (which drove the internet crazy for a time, because everyone thought we were getting a sequel), Heidi, Girl of the Alps, and Sazae-san, each with a different storyline. For example, the CM that featured Studio Ghibli’s Kiki and her friend Tombo sees Kiki dealing with the pangs of teenage romance, eventually confessing her feelings for Tombo.
These gorgeous animated CMs feature character designs by Carole & Tuesday’s Eisaku Kubonouchi. Concept for the ads is credited to Yusuke Sato and art director Aya Maeda. While the previous “Hungry Days” ads were produced by Tatsunoko Production, the One Piece ads were done by Shaft.
Source: Anime News Network
Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1 Jan 17, 9amWe are back again with another round-up of these kinds of guides to help beginner con attendees and cosplayers on their first convention. As observed, there are some cosplayers who make mistakes during the event.
- Love Live! Franchise Announces New Project, Details to be Revealed on January 30
- Fruits Basket Season 2 Set for a Spring 2020 Premiere!
- Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1
- ‘Pokemon Sword and Shield’ Still Top the First Weeks of 2020 Japan Video Game Rankings
- ‘Weathering With You’ Conquers U.S. Box Office at #2!
- Supernatural Boys-Love Manga “The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window” Gets Live-Action Film Adaptation
- “Whisper of the Heart” Manga Gets Live-Action Film Adaptation
- Select US Theaters List Anime Film “Ride Your Wave” as Showing on February 19
- New Main Visual for 24th Detective Conan Movie Features Akai Family
- Animated Promo Video Released for “Cells at Work! Black” Manga
- 1st Teaser Trailer Revealed for Live-Action Film Adaptation of Boys-Love Manga “Love Stage!!”
- Violet Evergarden Side-Story “Eternity and Auto Memories Doll” Gets Theatrical US Screenings
- Atlus Releases Opening Video for “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers”
- Square Enix Delays Final Fantasy VII Remake Release to April 10
- Konomi Suzuki, nonoc Return to Sing Theme Songs for Re:ZERO Season 2
- BEASTARS to be Available in Netflix Outside Japan on March 13!
- ‘Detective Conan’ Characters Step Into the Real World in New ‘Universal Cool Japan’ Ad
- New ‘Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru’ Story in the Works