This year, popular Japanese instant ramen brand Nissin released a series of advertisements that featured characters from Eiichiro Oda’s long-running One Piece manga. The ad series, dubbed “Hungry Days”, has so far featured two One Piece characters—Roronoa Zoro and Nami.
To refresh your memory: Zoro was the first pirate to feature in the Nissin ad campaign, with his “Hungry Days” stint released last May. You can watch high-schooler Zoro (plus some cool cameos from other One Piece characters) endorsing Nissin here.
Just last September, it was Nami’s turn to feature for the ramen advertisement, which mimicked that one iconic scene where Luffy puts his hat on her head. You can watch the video here.
The noodle brand is not yet done with its One Piece collab though, as this time they are featuring Vivi in their newest ad! The video, which was released last Friday, shows Vivi and her heartbreaking departure from her high school as she transfers to a new school. You can check out the video here.
The half-a-minute video shows Vivi’s flashbacks of her fun high school days with her friends (aka the Straw Hat crew). When it was time for her to leave the school, her friends sent her a video of them with their arms raised and their backs turned to Vivi—but since this is a Nissin ad, they are, of course, holding up Nissin cup noodles. Smooth.
The popular series of advertisements previously featured iconic anime such as Kiki’s Delivery Service (which drove the internet crazy for a time, because everyone thought we were getting a sequel), Heidi, Girl of the Alps, and Sazae-san, each with a different storyline. For example, the CM that featured Studio Ghibli’s Kiki and her friend Tombo sees Kiki dealing with the pangs of teenage romance, eventually confessing her feelings for Tombo.
These gorgeous animated CMs feature character designs by Carole & Tuesday’s Eisaku Kubonouchi. Concept for the ads is credited to Yusuke Sato and art director Aya Maeda. While the previous “Hungry Days” ads were produced by Tatsunoko Production, the One Piece ads were done by Shaft.
Source: Anime News Network
‘BEASTARS’ Manga is Now Reaching ClimaxAug 7, 6am
The Nintendo Switch has Sold 61.44 Million Units Worldwide, Animal Crossing Sold 22.4 Million Copies in Latest Quarter ReportAug 7, 7am
Trailer Revealed for Trilogy Film of Surfing-Themed Mixed-Media Franchise “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!” Aug 5, 7am
New Trailer Previews Theme Song of Anime Film “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” by BUMP OF CHICKENAug 4, 4am
Demon Slayer Song “Gurenge” Makes LiSA First Female Japanese Artist to Get 1 Million Song DownloadsJul 29, 4am
After COVID-19 Delay, “The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement” Now Slated for January 2021 PremiereAug 5, 6am
Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” FilmAug 3, 5am
In a Franchise First, Newest Love Live! Group Nijigasaki Academy School Idol Club Adds New Official MemberAug 4, 5am
Koei Tecmo Financial Report Confirms Western Release of “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers” Jul 28, 5am
- ‘Golden Kamuy’ Anime Collaboration is Happening in Mobile Game GRAND SUMMONERS
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Maxiboost ON Tops Latest Japanese Video Game Rankings
- The Nintendo Switch has Sold 61.44 Million Units Worldwide, Animal Crossing Sold 22.4 Million Copies in Latest Quarter Report
- ‘TEKKEN 7’ Video Game Announces Season Pass 4!
- ‘BEASTARS’ Manga is Now Reaching Climax
- Trailer Revealed for Trilogy Film of Surfing-Themed Mixed-Media Franchise “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!”
- After COVID-19 Delay, “The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement” Now Slated for January 2021 Premiere
- Sailor Moon Eternal Film Reveals Voice Cast for the Amazon Trio
- “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku” Gets New OVA Episode
- In a Franchise First, Newest Love Live! Group Nijigasaki Academy School Idol Club Adds New Official Member
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song of Anime Film “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” by BUMP OF CHICKEN
- Shonen Jump Teases that One Piece is Entering its “Upcoming Final Arc”
- Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” Film
- “Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train” Reveals New Full Trailer, Theme Song by LiSA
- New Visual and October 2 Premiere Revealed for “TONIKAWA: Over the Moon For You”
- Goro Miyazaki is in Full Confidence on the Success of ‘Earwig and the Witch’ CG Film
- A Florida Congressman Warns Citizens About “Internet Anime Porn” Like ‘Dragon Ball Z’
- Dance Video of “Kaguya-sama”’s Chika Fujiwara Reaches 20 Million Views!