Yes folks, Japan’s favorite detective is still at it! The official website of the Detective Conan films has recently revealed a teaser trailer for the newest film in the franchise. Entitled Meitantei Conan: Hiiro no Dangan (Detective Conan: The Scarlet Bullet), the film is the 24th movie in the franchise. Check out the trailer here!
According to the trailer, the movie is set for an April 17, 2020 release in Japan. There are no news of international screenings yet—but as with other Detective Conan movies, it’s highly possible that this will be released outside of Japan.
The movie centers on FBI agent Shuichi Akai, his younger brother and professional shogi player Shukichi Haneda, his younger sister and high school detective Masumi Sera, his mother Mary Sera, and lead characer Conan Edogawa himself.
A main visual was also released along with the trailer, which features the mysterious Akai family.
Anime News Network describes the film’s story as such:
“In the story, Japan is celebrating the upcoming World Sports Games (WSG), the world’s largest sporting event, in Tokyo. The “Japanese Bullet,” the world’s first vacuum-tube super-conducting linear train, is built with the latest Japanese technology and timed to coincide with the WSG opening ceremonies. The train is set to run from Shin Nagoya Station to Tokyo Station at up to 1,000 kilometers per hour (about 600 miles per hour). However, a bizarre incident occurs during a party held by famous major sponsors, leading to a string of kidnappings of top executives. Conan deduces a possible link to serial abductions in the WSG 15 years earlier in Boston.”
Meitantei Conan: Hiiro no Dangan is directed by Tomoka Nagaoka, who also directed the previous film Fist of the Blue Sapphire. Takeharu Sakai, who wrote the script for the Zero the Enforcer movie, returns to the same role for Hiiro no Dangan.
According to the website, more information on the upcoming movie will be revealed on the December 7 episode of Detective Conan.
Source: Anime News Network
Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1 Jan 17, 9amWe are back again with another round-up of these kinds of guides to help beginner con attendees and cosplayers on their first convention. As observed, there are some cosplayers who make mistakes during the event.
- Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1
- ‘Pokemon Sword and Shield’ Still Top the First Weeks of 2020 Japan Video Game Rankings
- ‘Weathering With You’ Conquers U.S. Box Office at #2!
- Supernatural Boys-Love Manga “The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window” Gets Live-Action Film Adaptation
- “Whisper of the Heart” Manga Gets Live-Action Film Adaptation
- Select US Theaters List Anime Film “Ride Your Wave” as Showing on February 19
- New Main Visual for 24th Detective Conan Movie Features Akai Family
- Animated Promo Video Released for “Cells at Work! Black” Manga
- 1st Teaser Trailer Revealed for Live-Action Film Adaptation of Boys-Love Manga “Love Stage!!”
- Violet Evergarden Side-Story “Eternity and Auto Memories Doll” Gets Theatrical US Screenings
- Atlus Releases Opening Video for “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers”
- Square Enix Delays Final Fantasy VII Remake Release to April 10
- Konomi Suzuki, nonoc Return to Sing Theme Songs for Re:ZERO Season 2
- BEASTARS to be Available in Netflix Outside Japan on March 13!
- ‘Detective Conan’ Characters Step Into the Real World in New ‘Universal Cool Japan’ Ad
- New ‘Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru’ Story in the Works
- ‘Pokemon Home’ Cloud Service to Officially Launch in February
- New ‘Pokemon’ Anime Film ‘Pokemon the Movie: Coco’ Slated for July 10!