A new promotional video was unveiled Wednesday for upcoming TV anime The Case Files of Jeweler Richard (Housekisho Richard-shi no Nazo Kantei). The new PV gives us more scenes of the first meeting between the cheerful Seigi and the mysterious British jeweler Richard. Check it out here!
The PV also previews the series’ OP song, “Houseki no Umareru Toki” (When Jewels Are Born), which is performed by solo singer Nagi Yanagi. The series’ official website also announced that the ED song is entitled “Only for you”, sung by dance & vocal group Da-iCE.
The upcoming anime series is set for a January 9, 2020 premiere.
Crunchyroll News describes the series’ story as such:
“[The story of The Case Files of Jeweler Richard] follows Seigi Nakata, an earnest college student, who rescues Richard Ranashinha Dvorpian, a strikingly beautiful British jeweler, one evening when Richard is being harassed by a group of belligerent drunks. Later Seigi asks Richard to identify a ring that he inherited from his deceased grandmother, and in the process Richard reveals not just the ring’s background but also the past, secrets, and feelings of Seigi’s grandmother. Seigi decides to take a part-time job at Richard’s shop, the “Jewelry Etranger” in Ginza, and together the two men solve jewelry-related mysteries.”
Seigi Nakata is voiced by Yuma Uchida (Kyo Soma in Fruits Basket 2019), while Richard Ranashinha Dvorpian will be voiced by Takahiro Sakurai (Kururugi Suzaku in Code Geass).
The anime will be directed by Tarou Iwasaki (One Week Friends, Ryoko’s Case File) for studio Shuka (Durarara!!). Scripts will be written and the story will be supervised by Mariko Kunisawa (Ascendance of a Bookworm). Natsuko Kondou (Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san) is chief animation director. The studio also hired a real-life jewel appraiser, Naozaku Kudo, to supervise the depiction of jewels in the anime. Kudo is the representative director of Japan Jewel Patent Judgment Association.
Trailer Unveils October Premiere, More Cast & Staff for “Iwa-Kakeru! Sports Climbing Girls” TV AnimeJul 27, 5am
The Strawbellbell from ‘Tokyo Mew Mew’ is On Sale to Celebrate the Series’ 20th AnniversaryJul 24, 12pm
Demon Slayer Song “Gurenge” Makes LiSA First Female Japanese Artist to Get 1 Million Song DownloadsJul 29, 4am
Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” FilmAug 3, 5am
Koei Tecmo Financial Report Confirms Western Release of “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers” Jul 28, 5am
- Shonen Jump Teases that One Piece is Entering its “Upcoming Final Arc”
- Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” Film
- “Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train” Reveals New Full Trailer, Theme Song by LiSA
- New Visual and October 2 Premiere Revealed for “TONIKAWA: Over the Moon For You”
- Goro Miyazaki is in Full Confidence on the Success of ‘Earwig and the Witch’ CG Film
- A Florida Congressman Warns Citizens About “Internet Anime Porn” Like ‘Dragon Ball Z’
- Dance Video of “Kaguya-sama”’s Chika Fujiwara Reaches 20 Million Views!
- Demon Slayer Song “Gurenge” Makes LiSA First Female Japanese Artist to Get 1 Million Song Downloads
- Opening Movie for Re:ZERO Smartphone Game Released
- Koei Tecmo Financial Report Confirms Western Release of “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers”
- Toonami Set to Debut “Fire Force” Season 2 on October 24
- Boys-Love Film “Umibe no Étranger” Theme Song to be Sung by MONO NO AWARE Band
- Bushiroad’s “D4DJ” TV Anime Series Releases New Teaser Visual
- “Irregular at Magic High School” Novel Series Set to Receive Two Sequel Novels!
- Trailer Unveils October Premiere, More Cast & Staff for “Iwa-Kakeru! Sports Climbing Girls” TV Anime
- English Dub Cast Revealed for “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” Season 2
- Premium Bandai is Releasing A ‘Naruto’ Figure with His Original Goggles
- The Strawbellbell from ‘Tokyo Mew Mew’ is On Sale to Celebrate the Series’ 20th Anniversary