And finally we have a date, folks! Atlus made good with their promise to reveal Persona 5 Royal details for Western fans, and they did not disappoint: the gaming company has revealed that the much-awaited follow-up to the hit Persona 5 game is set for a March 31, 2020 release in the West! The game’s official website released an English announcement trailer for this, which you can watch here!
Atlus also announced that Persona 5 Royal will include all the DLC from the original game. In addition to this, they also released details on P5R’s different release editions for western players. The Launch Edition will include a steel book case and a dynamic PS4 theme. The premium Phantom Thieves Edition (pictured below) will include a Joker mask with stand, collector’s box, art book, soundtrack CD, steel book, and a dynamic PS4 theme.
Besides adding in new social features and activities, the game also features new character Kasumi Yoshizawa (who is voiced by Sora Amamiya). This is how she is described on the game’s official website:
“A new girl who’s just transferred into Shujin Academy the same spring the protagonist transferred there. Since the age of junior high, she’s got excellent score as an acrobatic contestant, and she is expecting the future days at Shujin Academy. She loves the protagonist, but she seems to dislike the stuff about the Phantom Thieves… ? Foe, or ally — Please look forward to more upcoming reports.”
In a previous trailer, she was revealed to be a Persona user, wielding a persona named Cendrillon.
The game will be adding in the Phantom Thieves’ untold third semester in Shujin Academy. A new confidant character named Takuto Maruki (voiced by Satoshi Hino) was also added. He is a part-time school counselor at Shujin, and his arcana is Le Consultant. Other new features in the game include new locations in the map, new social activities, Status Assist, more songs, and enhanced graphics with PlayStation 4 Pro support.
Source: Anime News Network
Trailer Unveils October Premiere, More Cast & Staff for “Iwa-Kakeru! Sports Climbing Girls” TV AnimeJul 27, 5am
The Strawbellbell from ‘Tokyo Mew Mew’ is On Sale to Celebrate the Series’ 20th AnniversaryJul 24, 12pm
Demon Slayer Song “Gurenge” Makes LiSA First Female Japanese Artist to Get 1 Million Song DownloadsJul 29, 4am
Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” FilmAug 3, 5am
Koei Tecmo Financial Report Confirms Western Release of “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers” Jul 28, 5am
- Shonen Jump Teases that One Piece is Entering its “Upcoming Final Arc”
- Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” Film
- “Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train” Reveals New Full Trailer, Theme Song by LiSA
- New Visual and October 2 Premiere Revealed for “TONIKAWA: Over the Moon For You”
- Goro Miyazaki is in Full Confidence on the Success of ‘Earwig and the Witch’ CG Film
- A Florida Congressman Warns Citizens About “Internet Anime Porn” Like ‘Dragon Ball Z’
- Dance Video of “Kaguya-sama”’s Chika Fujiwara Reaches 20 Million Views!
- Demon Slayer Song “Gurenge” Makes LiSA First Female Japanese Artist to Get 1 Million Song Downloads
- Opening Movie for Re:ZERO Smartphone Game Released
- Koei Tecmo Financial Report Confirms Western Release of “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers”
- Toonami Set to Debut “Fire Force” Season 2 on October 24
- Boys-Love Film “Umibe no Étranger” Theme Song to be Sung by MONO NO AWARE Band
- Bushiroad’s “D4DJ” TV Anime Series Releases New Teaser Visual
- “Irregular at Magic High School” Novel Series Set to Receive Two Sequel Novels!
- Trailer Unveils October Premiere, More Cast & Staff for “Iwa-Kakeru! Sports Climbing Girls” TV Anime
- English Dub Cast Revealed for “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” Season 2
- Premium Bandai is Releasing A ‘Naruto’ Figure with His Original Goggles
- The Strawbellbell from ‘Tokyo Mew Mew’ is On Sale to Celebrate the Series’ 20th Anniversary