Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters has been one of the popular trading card game franchise not only in Japan but also around the world. This year, a major exhibit was launched to celebrate its record of 10,000 unique cards, they are offering cool stuff for its fans in Japan like limited edition cards and other freebies.
Aside from this stuff that long-time duelists would want to have, another item has also been launched by Bandai, quite timely for the franchise’s anniversary. It’s awesome for us to share that they are releasing a real-life Pot of Greed that you can place proudly in your room or in the living room (while dueling with friends!) Reservations for this one-of-a-kind pot began on December 2, and as of this writing, it is now sold out. Each is priced at 11,500 yen (USD $105.52).
Don’t break your hopes up. You might be able to get this awesome pot in the after-sale markets. While we patiently wait for the pot’s release on June 2020, let’s go more into details about this cool item.
So, for those who have absolutely no idea about what Pot of Greed is, it’s actually a popular spell or magic card in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters game when once a player uses it during their turn, they can draw two cards from the deck. This card is both a blessing and a curse for players as it gives a minor advantage to draw the needed cards they want (unless if they are lucky in that turn). The card’s appearance and popularity have also become a popular meme not sure for fans of the game but also to anime fans. With that said, it’s inevitable that this spell card would be getting its own franchise.
The pot is very accurate to its card art, which expected from Premium Bandai’s attention to detail. It is 25 centimeters tall and 30 centimeters in diameter. Its size is quite okay for those who want to hold it and have pictures with it.
The reason for its accurate design is because it is a ceramic vase hand-crafted in the traditional style of Mino Province (now known as Gifu prefecture). Each pot is unique is as each one is carefully painted by hand. Talk about great dedication, which also explains why orders and reservations for this item are limited.
P-Bandai has reminded those who ordered this pot that this is for decorative purposes only, and it is not fit to store any kind of liquid. So if you’re wondering how you’ll be able to use this pot, P-Bandai suggests that you can display this in your home, and it is ideal for those who designed their houses in a Japanese-style theme.
So that’s about it for this cool pot. Hopefully, we would be able to get this in the aftermarket when it’s released, or hopefully open for reservations again. This is definitely one cool item to have for any Yu-Gi-Oh! fan out there.
Since its creation in 1999, Yu-Gi-Oh! is still one of the world’s popular trading card games to date with annual tournaments and with thousands of players from around the world. As of October 2019, the original Japanese releases of the cards have reached 10,000. As a way to celebrate this achievement and the card games’ 20th anniversary in Japan, special Twitter campaigns were launched as well as various events that were held in Tokyo, Nagoya, and Osaka. A special website was also launched.
A special exhibit happened at Osaka’s Grand Front from October 21 to 24. An exhibit also happened at Oasis 21 in Nagoya from November 5 to 7, and in Shinjuku Station in Tokyo from November 18 to 24. Those who dropped by during the limited exhibit runs will have a limited edition Kanan the Swordmistress card. It is confirmed that this card will only have 30,000 copies and strictly exclusive for this special event.
Aside from this, 100 copies of a “secret rare” version of Kanan the Swordmistress card were also given via a Twitter campaign. A requirement is that you must follow the YuGiOh_OCG_INFO Twitter account and tweet the name of the memorable Yu-Gi-Oh card that you own. More details of this event were found here.
The first few seasons of the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime is centered on a young High School boy named Yugi Mutou, who battles opponents in the Duel Monsters card game. As the series progressed, Yugi meets the most powerful opponents, beaten rivals, and slowly picked up some pieces of finding out the past of the Pharaoh, in which Yugi had inherited his spirit after completing the pieces of the mysterious item called the Millenium Puzzle. The original anime series ran for five seasons in Japan and is later expanded into other series afterward like Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s, Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V, and Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS.
Trailer Unveils October Premiere, More Cast & Staff for “Iwa-Kakeru! Sports Climbing Girls” TV AnimeJul 27, 5am
The Strawbellbell from ‘Tokyo Mew Mew’ is On Sale to Celebrate the Series’ 20th AnniversaryJul 24, 12pm
Demon Slayer Song “Gurenge” Makes LiSA First Female Japanese Artist to Get 1 Million Song DownloadsJul 29, 4am
Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” FilmAug 3, 5am
Koei Tecmo Financial Report Confirms Western Release of “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers” Jul 28, 5am
- Shonen Jump Teases that One Piece is Entering its “Upcoming Final Arc”
- Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” Film
- “Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train” Reveals New Full Trailer, Theme Song by LiSA
- New Visual and October 2 Premiere Revealed for “TONIKAWA: Over the Moon For You”
- Goro Miyazaki is in Full Confidence on the Success of ‘Earwig and the Witch’ CG Film
- A Florida Congressman Warns Citizens About “Internet Anime Porn” Like ‘Dragon Ball Z’
- Dance Video of “Kaguya-sama”’s Chika Fujiwara Reaches 20 Million Views!
- Demon Slayer Song “Gurenge” Makes LiSA First Female Japanese Artist to Get 1 Million Song Downloads
- Opening Movie for Re:ZERO Smartphone Game Released
- Koei Tecmo Financial Report Confirms Western Release of “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers”
- Toonami Set to Debut “Fire Force” Season 2 on October 24
- Boys-Love Film “Umibe no Étranger” Theme Song to be Sung by MONO NO AWARE Band
- Bushiroad’s “D4DJ” TV Anime Series Releases New Teaser Visual
- “Irregular at Magic High School” Novel Series Set to Receive Two Sequel Novels!
- Trailer Unveils October Premiere, More Cast & Staff for “Iwa-Kakeru! Sports Climbing Girls” TV Anime
- English Dub Cast Revealed for “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” Season 2
- Premium Bandai is Releasing A ‘Naruto’ Figure with His Original Goggles
- The Strawbellbell from ‘Tokyo Mew Mew’ is On Sale to Celebrate the Series’ 20th Anniversary