We have a lot of news about 2020 releases today and next in line is none other than the ultra-popular volleyball anime Haikyu! The anime’s official website has just revealed this Friday that the series’ 4th season is slated for a January 10, 2020 premiere. Furthermore, the announcement stated that the fourth season, officially titled Haikyu!! To the Top, will air from January to March. It will then take a break for some months and will continue airing in July.
The series’ website also revealed a new PV which previews the fourth season’s opening theme song, “PHOENIX”. The song is performed by J-rock band Burnout Syndromes. Check out the PV here!
Two new cast members have also been announced for this season: Mamoru Miyano (Light Yagami in Death Note) will be voicing Inarizaki High’s Atsumu Miya, while Natsuki Hanae (Kaneki Ken in Tokyo Ghoul) will play Kamomedai High’s Korai Hoshiumi.
Haikyu!! is a manga series written by Haruichi Furudate. Since its release in 2012, it has been serialized in the Weekly Shonen Jump, with tankobon releases done by Shueisha already numbering to 36 (as of this writing). Haikyu!! already has over 28 million copies in print as of January 2018. Production I.G. adapted the manga into an anime series in 2014, with the second season airing the year after and a third season airing in 2016.
The manga’s story centers around Shoyo Hinata, who dreams of becoming a star volleyball player despite his height. However, he suffers a crushing defeat in his first and last tournament in middle school at the hands of Tobio Kageyama, dubbed as “King of the Court”. After graduating, he vows to seek revenge on Kageyama and enters Karasuno High School—only for them to wind up as teammates in the school’s volleyball team. Thus the two form a legendary combo by combining Hinata’s athleticism and Kageyama’s genius and together, they vow to take Karasuno to the nationals.
Source: Anime News Network
English Trailer Revealed for Persona 5 RoyalJan 29, 5amYes, yes, we know that Japanese-dubbed-English-subbed videos aren’t for everyone, so Atlus has a treat for you. This Tuesday they released an English-dubbed trailer for the much-awaited Persona 5 Royal.
- February 25 US Screening Announced for Love Live! Fest Concert
- New Trailer Reveals April 10 Premiere of Anime Series for BanG Dream!’s All-Male Band Argonavis
- English Trailer Revealed for Persona 5 Royal
- “Steins;Gate” Gets Hollywood Live-Action Series from Producer of “Altered Carbon”, “Jack Ryan” Series
- 3rd Season of “My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU” Set for an April 9 Premiere
- New “Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045” Trailer Reveals April Release, Cast Members
- New “Higurashi: When They Cry” Anime Project Announced, Original Cast Set to Return
- 2nd Promo Video for “My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!” Reveals More Cast, Ending Song Artist
- Live-Action Film of Boys-Love Manga “The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese” Set for a June 2020 Release
- Revue Starlight Compilation Film Set for A May 29 Premiere in Japan
- Netflix Reveals Promotional Video for Second Part of Saint Seiya 3DCG Remake
- Log Horizon Season 3 to Premiere this October
- LiSA Announces Marriage with Voice Actor Tatsuhisa Suzuki
- New ‘My Hero Academia’ Video Gives a Sneak Peek in School Festival Arc
- A Sneak-Peek into Japan’s ‘Attack on Titan XR’ Ride
- Kingdom Hearts “Project Xehanort” for Smartphones Unveiled by Square Enix.
- ‘Beastars’ Manga Creator Hints that the Series is Ending
- Actor Taishi Nakagawa to Voice Sonic in ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Japanese Dub