Get ready to welcome the new year… with depressed and desperate magical girls, as a new promotional video for the upcoming Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side-Story anime reveals the series’ January 4, 2020 release date. The PV, released by Aniplex in all its social media platforms on November 30, gives us a longer sneak preview of the new set of magical girls and (probably the most detested magical familiar ever) Kyuubey. Check out the PV here!
The PV also previews the series’ ED song, “Alicia”, which was sung by mysterious pop duo ClariS, who also sung Puella Magi Madoka Magica’s iconic OP, “connect”. The previous PV previewed the series’ OP song “Gomakashi (Deception)”, which was performed by trio TrySail.
Below are the confirmed cast for the series:
· Momo Asakura as Iroha Tamaki
· Sora Amamiya as Yachiyo Nanami
· Shiina Natsukawa as Tsuruno Yui
· Ayane Sakura as Felicia Mitsuki
· Yui Ogura as Sana Futaba
· Mikako Komatsu as Momoko Togame
· Ayaka Ohashi as Kaede Akino
· Kaori Ishihara as Rena Minami
· Kana Hanazawa as Kuroe
The original cast of Puella Magi Madoka Magica such as Aoi Yuki (Kaname Madoka) and Chiwa Saito (Akemi Homura) will also be returning to the new anime series in some capacity.
Anime News Network describes Magia Record’s story as such:
“[The story] takes place in the burgeoning city of Kamihama. Guided by a strange power, magical girls gather in this town and battle with a new power drawn from witches. Iroha Tamaki arrives in this town and joins other magical girls to search for her missing younger sister Ui. Before long, Homura Akemi also arrives in the town. "If I can understand the mystery of this town, maybe I can save Kaname.
Iroha Tamaki becomes a magical girl with a wish to save her sister from illness. Madoka also arrives in Kamihama to search for her missing friend Homura.”
SHAFT will be animating the series, under the direction and script supervision of Gekidan Inu Curry. Junichiro Taniguchi returns as chief animation director, as well as Madoka Magica series director Yukihiro Miyamoto who will now be assistant director. Original work is still credited to the Magica Quartet aka director Akiyuki Shinbou, writer Gen Urobochi, character designer Ume Aoki, and producer Atsuhiro Iwakami.
Source: Anime News Network
- New Cast Members Announced for “Digimon Adventure: The Last Evolution Kizuna” Movie
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Manga Set to End in 14th Volume
- Teaser Trailer and Main Visual Released for 24th Detective Conan Film, “The Scarlet Bullet”
- "Assault Lily Bouquet" Announces July 2020 Premiere, BanG Dream!’s RAISE A SUILEN As OP Song Artists
- New PV for “The Case Files of Jeweler Richard” Previews OP Song, Reveals January 9 Premiere
- Persona 5 Royal Set for A March 31, 2020 Release in the West
- Bandai is Releasing A Real-Life ‘Pot of Greed’ From Yu-Gi-Oh!
- January 11 Premiere, Episode 1 Synopsis Revealed for TV Anime of Idol Project “22/7”
- Haikyuu! Season 4 Reveals New PV, Confirmed for a January 10, 2020 Release
- New PV Reveals January 4 Premiere of “Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side-Story”
- New Teaser Video Reveals January 23 Premiere of BanG Dream! Season 3
- The Creator of ‘Fullmetal Alchemist’ and ‘Silver Spoon’ is Working on a New Story
- “Wasteful Days of High School Girl” Manga Gets a Live-Action Adaptation
- RADWIMPS Releases English Version of “Weathering With You” Song, Also Set to Perform on Kohaku Uta Gassen
- Oricon Proclaims Demon Slayer as 2019’s Best-Selling Manga, Besting One Piece
- Yuri Manga “Bloom Into You” Now Has One Million Copies in Print!
- ‘Tokyo Mew Mew’ Manga Returns Next Year, but with Male Lead Characters
- ‘Weathering With You’ Novel Tops Japanese Light Novel Sales This Year