TV Asahi has just announced this Thursday that comedy high-school manga Wasteful Days of High School Girls (Joshi Kosei no Mudazukai) will be getting a live-action series next year! According to the announcement, the live-action TV series is set to premiere on January 2020 and will be airing every Friday at 23:15.
A key visual was also released for the live-action adaptation, which teases the shenanigans of the baka trio:
Yui Okada (second from left) stars as problem child Nozumu “Idiot” Tanaka, the protagonist of the story. Yuri Tsunematsu (second from left) will be playing otaku character Akane “Ota” Kikuchi, while Yurika Nakamura (leftmost) will be playing the emotionless and robot-like Shiori “Robo” Saginomiya. Keita Machida (rightmost) will be playing their homeroom teacher Masataka “Waseda” Sawatari.
Wasteful Days of High School Girls (Joshi Kosei no Mudazukai) is a manga series by Bino. It is currently being serialized online via Niconico Seiga, Comic Newtype, and pixiv since 2014. The series has four tankobon volumes released so far by Kadokawa Shoten. Just this 2019, the manga series inspired a TV anime series that aired from July to September. The anime series was produced by studio Passione.
Sentai Filmworks holds the license to the series’ English release and streamed the series on HIDIVE as it aired in Japan. Sentai describes its story as such:
“Bored one day, Tanaka gives her friends some rather quirky nicknames, but they aren’t going to take her unflattering descriptions lying down. Sakuchi (saddled with “Wota” due to her otaku tendencies) and Saginomiya (dubbed “Robo” thanks to her deadpan personality) decide to call Tanaka “Baka” — and that should give you a pretty good idea of the shenanigans these whacky girls get up to. They’re young, they’re ridiculous and they’re ready to waste away their days as high school girls!”
Source: Anime News Network
English Trailer Revealed for Persona 5 RoyalJan 29, 5amYes, yes, we know that Japanese-dubbed-English-subbed videos aren’t for everyone, so Atlus has a treat for you. This Tuesday they released an English-dubbed trailer for the much-awaited Persona 5 Royal.
- February 25 US Screening Announced for Love Live! Fest Concert
- New Trailer Reveals April 10 Premiere of Anime Series for BanG Dream!’s All-Male Band Argonavis
- English Trailer Revealed for Persona 5 Royal
- “Steins;Gate” Gets Hollywood Live-Action Series from Producer of “Altered Carbon”, “Jack Ryan” Series
- 3rd Season of “My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU” Set for an April 9 Premiere
- New “Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045” Trailer Reveals April Release, Cast Members
- New “Higurashi: When They Cry” Anime Project Announced, Original Cast Set to Return
- 2nd Promo Video for “My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!” Reveals More Cast, Ending Song Artist
- Live-Action Film of Boys-Love Manga “The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese” Set for a June 2020 Release
- Revue Starlight Compilation Film Set for A May 29 Premiere in Japan
- Netflix Reveals Promotional Video for Second Part of Saint Seiya 3DCG Remake
- Log Horizon Season 3 to Premiere this October
- LiSA Announces Marriage with Voice Actor Tatsuhisa Suzuki
- New ‘My Hero Academia’ Video Gives a Sneak Peek in School Festival Arc
- A Sneak-Peek into Japan’s ‘Attack on Titan XR’ Ride
- Kingdom Hearts “Project Xehanort” for Smartphones Unveiled by Square Enix.
- ‘Beastars’ Manga Creator Hints that the Series is Ending
- Actor Taishi Nakagawa to Voice Sonic in ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Japanese Dub