The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of fashion manga Smile Down the Runway (Runway de Waratte) has just revealed a new TV commercial, which previews the anime’s opening theme song “Lion”. The OP is performed by female anisong singer Ami Sakaguchi. Check out the TV ad here!
The official website also revealed a new key visual.
In addition, it was also revealed that Junichi Suwabe (Archer in Fate/stay night and Fate/Grand Order, Shota Aizawa in My Hero Academia) will be joining the series’ cast. He will be voicing the character Hazime Yanagida, an up-and-coming fashion designer who is managing his own brand that is named after him. He hopes to establish his brand and make it global by attending the Paris Fashion Week.
Female protagonist Chiyuki Fujito will be voiced by Yumiri Hanamori, who also lent her voice to Happy Sugar Life’s Asahi Kobe and Laid-Back Camp’s Nadeshiko Kagamihara, among others. On the other hand, male protagonist Ikuto Tsumura will be voiced by Natsuki Hanae, who also voiced Yuna D. Kaito from Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Arc as well as Taichi Yagami from Digimon Adventure tri, among others.
The series will be directed by Nobuyoshi Nagayama (Happy Sugar Life, My Girlfriend is a Shobitch), with Touko Machida (Lucky Star) in charge of series composition and Misaki Kaneko (chief animation director for Fruits Basket) in charge of character design. Studio Ezo’la (Happy Sugar Life) will be animating the series.
Smile Down the Runway was released in May 2017 and has been serialized in Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine ever since. So far, 12 tankobon volumes have been released for the manga. The manga is also being released digitally by Kodansha Comics in North America.
Kodansha describes the manga’s story as such:
“Chiyuki Fujito has a dream: to become a Paris Collection model. The problem is, she’s too short to be a model, and everyone around her tells her so! But no matter what they say, she won’t give up. Her classmate, a poor student named Ikuto Tsumura, also has a dream: to become a fashion designer. One day Chiyuki tells him that it’s “”probably impossible”” for him, causing him to consider giving it up … ?! This is the story of two individuals wholeheartedly chasing after their dreams in spite of all the negativity that comes after them!”
Source: Anime News Network
- New Cast Members Announced for “Digimon Adventure: The Last Evolution Kizuna” Movie
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Manga Set to End in 14th Volume
- Teaser Trailer and Main Visual Released for 24th Detective Conan Film, “The Scarlet Bullet”
- "Assault Lily Bouquet" Announces July 2020 Premiere, BanG Dream!’s RAISE A SUILEN As OP Song Artists
- New PV for “The Case Files of Jeweler Richard” Previews OP Song, Reveals January 9 Premiere
- Persona 5 Royal Set for A March 31, 2020 Release in the West
- Bandai is Releasing A Real-Life ‘Pot of Greed’ From Yu-Gi-Oh!
- January 11 Premiere, Episode 1 Synopsis Revealed for TV Anime of Idol Project “22/7”
- Haikyuu! Season 4 Reveals New PV, Confirmed for a January 10, 2020 Release
- New PV Reveals January 4 Premiere of “Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side-Story”
- New Teaser Video Reveals January 23 Premiere of BanG Dream! Season 3
- The Creator of ‘Fullmetal Alchemist’ and ‘Silver Spoon’ is Working on a New Story
- “Wasteful Days of High School Girl” Manga Gets a Live-Action Adaptation
- RADWIMPS Releases English Version of “Weathering With You” Song, Also Set to Perform on Kohaku Uta Gassen
- Oricon Proclaims Demon Slayer as 2019’s Best-Selling Manga, Besting One Piece
- Yuri Manga “Bloom Into You” Now Has One Million Copies in Print!
- ‘Tokyo Mew Mew’ Manga Returns Next Year, but with Male Lead Characters
- ‘Weathering With You’ Novel Tops Japanese Light Novel Sales This Year