The official website of upcoming anime series A Destructive God Sits Next to Me (Boku no Tonari ni Ankoku Hakaishin ga Imasu) has just released a second promotional video for the comedy series. Besides a sneak peek into all the shenanigans, the PV also previews the quirky theme songs: the OP entitled “Take mo’ Chance” by the group all at once, and ED song “Freedom de Muda ni Muteki” by idol unit AOP. Check out the funny PV here!
The confirmed cast are:
· Jun Fukuyama as Seri Koyuki
· Takahiro Sakurai as Kabuto Hanatori
· Ryohei Kimura as Utsugi Tsukimiya
· Tsubasa Yonaga as Hibiki Kimya
· Shinnosuke Tachibana as Kimikage Mogami
· Kousuke Toriumi as Shikimi Tokimune
· Ai Kayano as Kotoko Sumiso
· Yoshiko Ikuta as Suzuran Mogami
· Toshiki Masuda as Aitsu
· Takayuki Kondou as homeroom teacher
· Chinatsu Akasaki as Cerberus
· Takaya Kuroda as Gorio
· Yui Ogura as Cerberus
The series is directed by Atsushi Nigorikawa (Between the Sky and the Sea, Anime de Training! Ex) with series composition handled by Natsuko Takahashi (My Love Story!!, The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar). Character design is done by Yuki Nakano (Nisekoi-False Love) and music is composed by Kanako Hara. A Destructive God Sits Next to Me is produced by EMT Squared and is co-produced by Crunchyroll.
Anime News Network describes the series’ story as such:
“[The story] follows Seri Koyuki, a high school student who tries to avoid strange people because he knows he will just end up being the the straight man to their antics. Enter Kabuto Hanadori, Koyuki’s classmate who has chūnibyō (second-year middle school syndrome) and claims his eyepatch seals his god of destruction alter ego. Everything about Hanadori exudes the need for a straight man to keep him in check, and sure enough Koyuki is drawn in.”
A Destructive God Sits Next to Me is a manga series written by Arata Aki. It is currently being serialized in Kadokawa’s Monthly Comic Gene, where it debuted in 2013. The anime is slated for a January 11, 2020 release.
Source: Anime News Network
- New Cast Members Announced for “Digimon Adventure: The Last Evolution Kizuna” Movie
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Manga Set to End in 14th Volume
- Teaser Trailer and Main Visual Released for 24th Detective Conan Film, “The Scarlet Bullet”
- "Assault Lily Bouquet" Announces July 2020 Premiere, BanG Dream!’s RAISE A SUILEN As OP Song Artists
- New PV for “The Case Files of Jeweler Richard” Previews OP Song, Reveals January 9 Premiere
- Persona 5 Royal Set for A March 31, 2020 Release in the West
- Bandai is Releasing A Real-Life ‘Pot of Greed’ From Yu-Gi-Oh!
- January 11 Premiere, Episode 1 Synopsis Revealed for TV Anime of Idol Project “22/7”
- Haikyuu! Season 4 Reveals New PV, Confirmed for a January 10, 2020 Release
- New PV Reveals January 4 Premiere of “Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side-Story”
- New Teaser Video Reveals January 23 Premiere of BanG Dream! Season 3
- The Creator of ‘Fullmetal Alchemist’ and ‘Silver Spoon’ is Working on a New Story
- “Wasteful Days of High School Girl” Manga Gets a Live-Action Adaptation
- RADWIMPS Releases English Version of “Weathering With You” Song, Also Set to Perform on Kohaku Uta Gassen
- Oricon Proclaims Demon Slayer as 2019’s Best-Selling Manga, Besting One Piece
- Yuri Manga “Bloom Into You” Now Has One Million Copies in Print!
- ‘Tokyo Mew Mew’ Manga Returns Next Year, but with Male Lead Characters
- ‘Weathering With You’ Novel Tops Japanese Light Novel Sales This Year