Can’t wait for the release of the OVA adaptation of yuri manga Fragtime? You’re in luck, because just this Sunday the OVA’s first five minutes was streamed by Japanese entertainment news website Cinema Today. The sneak peek gets just a little past the pivotal scene where lead character Misuzu peeks under Haruka’s skirt. Check it out here!
The theatrical OVA is set for a November 22 opening in selected theaters. Limited screenings will be held at Shinjuku’s Wald 9 and other theaters starting on the aforementioned date. The OVA was screened at the recently-concluded Anime NYC, where Sentai Filmworks also announced that they had licensed the anime.
The Fragtime OVA will be handled by the same people who worked on the Kase-san and Morning Glories OVA. Takuya Sato is set to direct and write the script for Fragtime, along with Tomoko Sudo who will handle character design. rionos, who composed the beautiful music in the Kase-san OVA, will also be working on Fragtime’s music.
Miku Ito (Kokoro Tsurumaki from BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!) will play Misuzu Moritani, who has the powers to stop time. Yume Miyamoto (Rikka Tarakada from SSSS. Gridman)will play Haruka Murakami, on whom Misuzu’s time-stop powers will fail to work.
Fragtime is written by Sato and was first published in 2013 in Akita Shoten’s “Champion Tap!” (now Manga Cross) manga website, and ran until 2014. It tells the story of high school student Misuzu Moritani, who mysteriously has powers to stop time for three minutes a day. She uses this power to secretly observe the people around her, but one day she chooses to stop time to peek into class idol Haruka Murakami’s panties. This doesn’t end well, as not only does she realize that her power doesn’t work on Haruka, she also finds herself in a compromised situation as Haruka discovers her secret. This then starts a mysterious relationship between the two girls.
Source: Anime News Network
BEASTARS is Getting A Stage Play AdaptationDec 6, 11amWhile the BEASTARS anime adaptation is currently airing in Japan, more good news has been announced, especially for the long-time fans of the franchise. It was confirmed in the first 2020 issue release of Weekly Shonen Champion magazine on Thursday that a stage play adaptation of the BEASTARS manga is confirmed.
- Second Part of Saint Seiya 3DCG Remake Set for A Worldwide Netflix Release on January 23
- Sentai Filmworks Confirms That They Have Sent the Final Funds from GoFundMe Campaign to Kyoto Animation
- “Full Metal Panic!” Creator Shoji Gatoh Apologizes Over “Disrespectful” Tweet Towards Greta Thunberg
- Re:ZERO Season 2 Slated for April Release, Edited Season 1 Set for January Premiere
- Paramount Releases Japanese-Dubbed Trailer for Sonic the Hedgehog Movie
- 22/7 Idol Mei Hanakawa Announces Departure from Group Due to Poor Health
- Return of Smartphone Game ‘LovePlus Every’ Scheduled on December 11
- “Fragtime” OVA Animator Tear Studio Apparently Disappears, Staff Reveals They Were Not Paid
- New Trailer for Anime Film of Io Sakisaka’s “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” Reveals Cast, Staff, May 29 Premiere
- After Zoro and Nami, Newest Nissin Cup “Hungry Days” Noodle Ad Features Vivi
- February 15 Premiere, New Visual Revealed for Yakuza Boys-Love Movie “Twittering Birds Never Fly”
- Preparing Yourself 24 Hours Before the Anime Convention
- Pokemon Sword and Shield Remains #1 at Japan’s Video Game Rankings
- BEASTARS is Getting A Stage Play Adaptation
- Why Some Japanese Mobile Games End Service
- New Cast Members Announced for “Digimon Adventure: The Last Evolution Kizuna” Movie
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Manga Set to End in 14th Volume
- Teaser Trailer and Main Visual Released for 24th Detective Conan Film, “The Scarlet Bullet”