LiSA is a household name to anime fans worldwide, as she has performed many songs from ultra-popular anime series. This year, she sang for two of the most-talked about series for 2019: “Gurenge” for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (which Panic! at the Disco vocalist Brendon Urie rocked and sang along too in a recent stream) and “unlasting” for Sword Art Online: Alicization – War of the Underworld.
2019 has indeed been a great year to LiSA and the anisong singer is set to end the year with a bang, as she will be appearing in the Kohaku Uta Gassen!
For those who are not aware, Kohaku Uta Gassen (literally, “Red and White Song Contest”) is a yearly New Year’s Eve show by major Japanese channel NHK. The yearly New Year’s Eve event usually divides its guest artists into two teams: the females into the red team and the male performers in the white team. Guest artists are usually picked based on music sales, polls conducted by NHK, and other metrics that determine an artist’s prestige and popularity. As such, to be invited to the event is a huge honor for Japanese singers.
LiSA has posted a message on Twitter about her debut in Kohaku Uta Gassen, and the singer is obviously excited to make “another big dream” come true. The full translation of her tweet reads:
“I will make my first appearance in the 70th Kohaku Uta Gassen. I will do my best to deliver a performance on my own way through the TV to the people around the world who have supported LiSA until today, and to the people who watch LiSA for the first time in Kohaku Uta Gassen. Please watch the moment that my another big dream comes true on New Year’s Eve together.”
The 70th Kohaku Uta Gassen will air on NHK on December 31, 19:15 to 23:45.
Source: Crunchyroll News
BEASTARS is Getting A Stage Play AdaptationDec 6, 11amWhile the BEASTARS anime adaptation is currently airing in Japan, more good news has been announced, especially for the long-time fans of the franchise. It was confirmed in the first 2020 issue release of Weekly Shonen Champion magazine on Thursday that a stage play adaptation of the BEASTARS manga is confirmed.
- Second Part of Saint Seiya 3DCG Remake Set for A Worldwide Netflix Release on January 23
- Sentai Filmworks Confirms That They Have Sent the Final Funds from GoFundMe Campaign to Kyoto Animation
- “Full Metal Panic!” Creator Shoji Gatoh Apologizes Over “Disrespectful” Tweet Towards Greta Thunberg
- Re:ZERO Season 2 Slated for April Release, Edited Season 1 Set for January Premiere
- Paramount Releases Japanese-Dubbed Trailer for Sonic the Hedgehog Movie
- 22/7 Idol Mei Hanakawa Announces Departure from Group Due to Poor Health
- Return of Smartphone Game ‘LovePlus Every’ Scheduled on December 11
- “Fragtime” OVA Animator Tear Studio Apparently Disappears, Staff Reveals They Were Not Paid
- New Trailer for Anime Film of Io Sakisaka’s “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” Reveals Cast, Staff, May 29 Premiere
- After Zoro and Nami, Newest Nissin Cup “Hungry Days” Noodle Ad Features Vivi
- February 15 Premiere, New Visual Revealed for Yakuza Boys-Love Movie “Twittering Birds Never Fly”
- Preparing Yourself 24 Hours Before the Anime Convention
- Pokemon Sword and Shield Remains #1 at Japan’s Video Game Rankings
- BEASTARS is Getting A Stage Play Adaptation
- Why Some Japanese Mobile Games End Service
- New Cast Members Announced for “Digimon Adventure: The Last Evolution Kizuna” Movie
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Manga Set to End in 14th Volume
- Teaser Trailer and Main Visual Released for 24th Detective Conan Film, “The Scarlet Bullet”