A really gorgeous and ultra-cool main visual was just revealed for the upcoming stage play adaptation of Kimetsu no Yaiba! Unlike the previously-released visuals which focused on each character, the new main visual features all the characters. Check it out below!
In addition, a 30-second teaser video was also released for the stage play. The video introduces its main characters Tanjiro Kamado (played by Ryota Kobayashi) and his sister Nezuko (played by Akari Takaishi), along with other mains Giyuu Tomioka (Reo Honda), Inosuke Hashibara (Yugo Sato), Zenitsu Agatsuma (Keisuke Ueda), and antagonist Muzan Kibutsuji (Yoshihide Sasaki). Watch the video here!
The play will run from January 18-26 at the Tennouzu Ginga Gekijo in Tokyo, and from January 31-February 2 at the AiiA 2.5 Theater Kobe in Hyogo prefecture. The play will be directed by Kenichi Suemitsu, who is also writing the script. Music composition will be done by Shunsuke Wada.
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba is a shonen manga series written by Koyoharu Gotoge. It was first published in February 2016 in Weekly Shonen Jump up to present, with Shueisha publishing the series’ 16 tankobon volumes. The manga’s English license is currently held by Viz Media.
The manga’s story is described by Anime News Network as such:
“Since ancient times, rumors have abounded of man-eating demons lurking in the woods. Because of this, the local townsfolk never venture outside at night. Legend has it that a demon slayer also roams the night, hunting down these bloodthirsty demons. For young Tanjiro, these rumors will soon to become his harsh reality. Ever since the death of his father, Tanjiro has taken it upon himself to support his family. Although their lives may be hardened by tragedy, they’ve found happiness. But that ephemeral warmth is shattered one day when Tanjiro finds his family slaughtered and the lone survivor, his sister Nezuko, turned into a demon. To his surprise, however, Nezuko still shows signs of human emotion and thought. Thus begins Tanjiro’s quest to fight demons and turn his sister human again.”
Source: Crunchyroll News
- New Cast Members Announced for “Digimon Adventure: The Last Evolution Kizuna” Movie
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Manga Set to End in 14th Volume
- Teaser Trailer and Main Visual Released for 24th Detective Conan Film, “The Scarlet Bullet”
- "Assault Lily Bouquet" Announces July 2020 Premiere, BanG Dream!’s RAISE A SUILEN As OP Song Artists
- New PV for “The Case Files of Jeweler Richard” Previews OP Song, Reveals January 9 Premiere
- Persona 5 Royal Set for A March 31, 2020 Release in the West
- Bandai is Releasing A Real-Life ‘Pot of Greed’ From Yu-Gi-Oh!
- January 11 Premiere, Episode 1 Synopsis Revealed for TV Anime of Idol Project “22/7”
- Haikyuu! Season 4 Reveals New PV, Confirmed for a January 10, 2020 Release
- New PV Reveals January 4 Premiere of “Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side-Story”
- New Teaser Video Reveals January 23 Premiere of BanG Dream! Season 3
- The Creator of ‘Fullmetal Alchemist’ and ‘Silver Spoon’ is Working on a New Story
- “Wasteful Days of High School Girl” Manga Gets a Live-Action Adaptation
- RADWIMPS Releases English Version of “Weathering With You” Song, Also Set to Perform on Kohaku Uta Gassen
- Oricon Proclaims Demon Slayer as 2019’s Best-Selling Manga, Besting One Piece
- Yuri Manga “Bloom Into You” Now Has One Million Copies in Print!
- ‘Tokyo Mew Mew’ Manga Returns Next Year, but with Male Lead Characters
- ‘Weathering With You’ Novel Tops Japanese Light Novel Sales This Year