Good news to those waiting for news on the delayed Violet Evergarden movie: its mother studio Kyoto Animation has announced that they have now finalized the film’s opening on April 24, 2020. In the announcement made in KyoAni’s website, the studio also thanked all the fans who continue to express support and stated that the director and staff are working hard and pouring all their heart and strength into the production.
It will be remembered that last September, Kyoto Animation announced that they will not push through with the film’s originally-scheduled January 2020 opening. This is because of production delays brought about by the arson incident that was perpetuated against the studio last July, causing the death of 36 people and left 33 people injured.
Director Taichi Ishidate, who directed the anime series, returns to direct the film. Script will still be handled by Reiko Yoshida, character design and chief animation by Akiko Tase, and music will still be composed by Evan Call. The film will be taking place several years after the war that killed Gilbert Bougainvillea, the man Violet loved. As the world is slowly becoming peaceful, Violet Evergarden finds a certain letter.
The Violet Evergarden: Eternity and Auto-Memories Doll side-story was released in Japanese theaters last September 6 as originally planned. The side-story was originally announced to screen for only two weeks but due to its success it was extended several times. According to Anime News Network, the side story “centers on Isabella, the heir to a noble house. She attends a school for well-groomed young women, under a “contract” with her father. To her, this beautiful place where white camelias bloom is nothing more than a prison. Having resigned all hope and expectations for her future, Isabella meets her new manners teacher, Violet Evergarden.”
First released as a light novel series written by Kana Akatsuki and illustrated by Akiko Takase, Violet Evergarden won the grand prize in the fifth Kyoto Animation Awards novel category in 2014. It was then published in 2015 by KyoAni’s publishing arm, KA Esuma Bunko, and was then subsequently adapted into a 13-episode anime series by the same studio. The anime series premiered on January 2018 in Japan and in other countries as well via Netflix. The story revolves around Violet Evergarden, a robot who was once used as a soldier in a recently-ended war. She tries to reintegrate into society by becoming an Auto Memory Doll, or robots hired by people to write for them. The series follows her in learning how to become an Auto Memory Doll, understanding the feelings of people and the world around her, and trying to comprehend her former major’s dying words to her: “I love you”.
Source: Anime News Network
“Sailor Moon Eternal” Film Posts Audio Teaser of Zirconia Cast Member, Invites Fans to Guess Who’s Voicing HerSep 8, 6am
October 3 Premiere Revealed for “Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club” TV Anime SeriesSep 14, 5am
New Promo Video Revealed for “Burn the Witch”, Tite Kubo Announces Sequel Manga in the WorksSep 14, 4am
Discotek Media Announces New Anime Licenses: Lupin III: Twilight Gemini, Big Order, and Hanasakeru SeishōnenSep 11, 10am
Mob Psycho 100 Anime is Trending in the United States, all Because of a Tweet by President Trump’s SonSep 11, 8am
“Love Me, Love Me Not” Anime Film Posts Music Video feat. BUMP OF CHICKEN Song, “Gravity”Sep 14, 4am
New Promo Video Released for TV Series Adaptation of Comedy Manga “Way of the Househusband”Sep 15, 5am
Boys-Love Film “given” Celebrates 100,000 Ticket Sales, Set to Open to More Theaters in JapanSep 15, 6pm
New Promo Video Revealed for TV Anime Adaptation of Sci-fi Yuri Light Novel “Otherside Picnic”Sep 14, 5am
- Teaser for New Shaman King Anime Reveals Cast and Staff
- Demon Slayer Film’s Theatergoers Get Manga Volume as Bonus in Japan
- Ring Fit Adventure is Still #1 in Recent Japanese Video Game Rankings
- Demon Slayer Manga Will Now Reach 100 Million Copies in Circulation
- First Three Minutes of First Film in the “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!!” Trilogy Released
- “Liella” Wins Fan Vote for Name of In-Anime Idol Group in “Love Live! Superstar!!”
- New Promo Video Released for TV Series Adaptation of Comedy Manga “Way of the Househusband”
- Pony Canyon Releases Behind-the-Scenes Video for DEEMO Anime Film
- Boys-Love Film “given” Celebrates 100,000 Ticket Sales, Set to Open to More Theaters in Japan
- New Teaser Visual Revealed for Upcoming TV Anime “Jujutsu Kaisen”
- New Promo Video Revealed for TV Anime Adaptation of Sci-fi Yuri Light Novel “Otherside Picnic”
- October 3 Premiere Revealed for “Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club” TV Anime Series
- “Love Me, Love Me Not” Anime Film Posts Music Video feat. BUMP OF CHICKEN Song, “Gravity”
- New Promo Video Revealed for “Burn the Witch”, Tite Kubo Announces Sequel Manga in the Works
- Discotek Media Announces New Anime Licenses: Lupin III: Twilight Gemini, Big Order, and Hanasakeru Seishōnen
- DLC Character Killer is Previewed in New ‘One Piece Pirate Warriors 4’ Game Video
- Detective Conan: Race to the Truth Smartphone Game to End Service on October 30
- ‘Fruits Basket Another’ Manga is Ended “Tentatively” at the 13th Chapter