It’s a good time to be a yaoi fan, as we get an update for the new Sekaiichi Hatsukoi (World’s Greatest First Love) anime project! An announcement from the anime’s staff revealed that the new anime project for the series, entitled Sekaiichi Hatsukoi Propose-Hen, will be getting theatrical screenings in Japan on February 2020.
The announcement also revealed that Shuhei Kita is set to return to the series to perform the new anime’s theme song! To refresh your memory, Kita performed “Sekai de Ichiban Koishiteru” (Falling in the Greatest Love in the World) and “Sekai no Hate ni Kimi ga Itemo” (Even If You Go to the Ends of the Earth), the OP songs for both seasons of Sekaiichi Hatsukoi. The new song with an as-yet unannounced title will ship on February 19, along with a separate character vocal album that includes the old theme songs.
The new anime project was previously revealed to be part of celebrations for the fifth anniversary of Kadokawa’s Emerald magazine, where the manga is currently being serialized. Emerald is a boys’ love magazine launched in 2014, and it was based on the in-story magazine featured in the manga—if you will remember, main couple Ritsu and Masamune work in a magazine of the same name.
Sekaiichi Hatsukoi is a boys’ love manga written and illustrated by Shungiku Nakamura. It was first published in 2006 in Kadokawa’s The Ruby magazine and then moved to Asuka Ciel in 2009. In 2014, the manga eventually settled in Emerald magazine, debuting in the magazine’s maiden issue.
In 2011, the manga was adapted into a 24-episode anime series by Studio Deen and under the direction of Chiaki Kon. The first season aired from April to June of that year, with the second season airing from October to December of that same year as well. Kon also directed the anime adaptation of another popular boys’ love manga, Junjou Romantica, which was also the work of Sekaiichi Hatsukoi’s author.
The story revolves around Ritsu Onodera, a literary editor who resigned from his father’s publishing company because of his coworkers’ jealousy. He gets accepted at Marukawa Publishing but is assigned to the company’s infamous shoujo manga department, where he meets Masamune Takano. Strict, intolerable, and almost tyrannical, Takano initially nearly drives Ritsu into resigning but inadvertently pushes him to stay after calling him “useless”. Ritsu’s pride is hurt so he decides to stay and prove himself to his demanding boss. Later on, he finds out that Takano was his older schoolmate from high school who he had a brief relationship with. It turns out that Takano still has feelings for Ritsu and he vows that he will make Ritsu fall in love with him again.
Source: Anime News Network
Attending Your First Convention – Dos and Don’tsNov 14, 10pmThis week, I have decided to write about things that may be essential for those who are first-timers in attending anime and hobby conventions. Even as 2019 is almost ending, it is expected that a few conventions might be happening in your state or in the city next to you very soon.
Beginner’s Guide to Starting CosplayersNov 15, 12amCosplay is just one awesome way to express your love for a certain character from any series or franchise. Some have been in this hobby for years, while there is still a lot still finding the right timing to start out and just have fun in a convention or photoshoot.
- “One Liter of Tears” Actress Erika Sawajiri Arrested for Illegal Drugs, Admits to be Using Them For 10 Years
- New Trailer for Live-Action “Wotakoi” Film Features More Otaku Shenanigans
- First 5 Minutes of Yuri Anime “Fragtime” OVA Streamed
- Burnout Syndromes, CHiCO with Honeyworks Revealed to be Theme Song Artists for Haikyu!! Season 4
- New Trailer for Live-Action “Hell Girl” Film Compares Scenes from the Anime & Film
- LiSA Set to Make Her Kohaku Uta Gassen Debut on December 31
- ‘Monster Hunter’ VR Hunt and ‘Attack on Titan’ Roller Coaster to Open at Universal Studios Japan!
- Beginner’s Guide to Starting Cosplayers
- Editor of ‘One Piece’ Confirms on Creator’s Statement of Manga Ending in 5 Years
- Attending Your First Convention – Dos and Don’ts
- “One Piece Stampede” Film’s English Dub Cast Revealed to Have Been Chosen by Author Eiichiro Oda Himself
- Anime NYC to Screen 1st Two Episodes of “Magia Record”, Madoka VA & SHAFT President Set to Attend
- New Color Visual, Spring 2020 Premiere Revealed for Upcoming Film for Boys-Love Anime “Given”
- The ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ Redesign is an Example That Fan Feedback Matters
- New Main Visual & Teaser Video Revealed for Kimetsu no Yaiba Stage Play
- Summer 2020 Premiere of New “Free!” Movie Delayed Indefinitely
- New Trailer for Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Finally Debuts Sonic Redesign
- Meeting Your Idol for the First Time – Dos and Don’ts