It’s a good time to be a yaoi fan, as we get an update for the new Sekaiichi Hatsukoi (World’s Greatest First Love) anime project! An announcement from the anime’s staff revealed that the new anime project for the series, entitled Sekaiichi Hatsukoi Propose-Hen, will be getting theatrical screenings in Japan on February 2020.
The announcement also revealed that Shuhei Kita is set to return to the series to perform the new anime’s theme song! To refresh your memory, Kita performed “Sekai de Ichiban Koishiteru” (Falling in the Greatest Love in the World) and “Sekai no Hate ni Kimi ga Itemo” (Even If You Go to the Ends of the Earth), the OP songs for both seasons of Sekaiichi Hatsukoi. The new song with an as-yet unannounced title will ship on February 19, along with a separate character vocal album that includes the old theme songs.
The new anime project was previously revealed to be part of celebrations for the fifth anniversary of Kadokawa’s Emerald magazine, where the manga is currently being serialized. Emerald is a boys’ love magazine launched in 2014, and it was based on the in-story magazine featured in the manga—if you will remember, main couple Ritsu and Masamune work in a magazine of the same name.
Sekaiichi Hatsukoi is a boys’ love manga written and illustrated by Shungiku Nakamura. It was first published in 2006 in Kadokawa’s The Ruby magazine and then moved to Asuka Ciel in 2009. In 2014, the manga eventually settled in Emerald magazine, debuting in the magazine’s maiden issue.
In 2011, the manga was adapted into a 24-episode anime series by Studio Deen and under the direction of Chiaki Kon. The first season aired from April to June of that year, with the second season airing from October to December of that same year as well. Kon also directed the anime adaptation of another popular boys’ love manga, Junjou Romantica, which was also the work of Sekaiichi Hatsukoi’s author.
The story revolves around Ritsu Onodera, a literary editor who resigned from his father’s publishing company because of his coworkers’ jealousy. He gets accepted at Marukawa Publishing but is assigned to the company’s infamous shoujo manga department, where he meets Masamune Takano. Strict, intolerable, and almost tyrannical, Takano initially nearly drives Ritsu into resigning but inadvertently pushes him to stay after calling him “useless”. Ritsu’s pride is hurt so he decides to stay and prove himself to his demanding boss. Later on, he finds out that Takano was his older schoolmate from high school who he had a brief relationship with. It turns out that Takano still has feelings for Ritsu and he vows that he will make Ritsu fall in love with him again.
Source: Anime News Network
‘BEASTARS’ Manga is Now Reaching ClimaxAug 7, 6am
The Nintendo Switch has Sold 61.44 Million Units Worldwide, Animal Crossing Sold 22.4 Million Copies in Latest Quarter ReportAug 7, 7am
Trailer Revealed for Trilogy Film of Surfing-Themed Mixed-Media Franchise “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!” Aug 5, 7am
New Trailer Previews Theme Song of Anime Film “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” by BUMP OF CHICKENAug 4, 4am
Demon Slayer Song “Gurenge” Makes LiSA First Female Japanese Artist to Get 1 Million Song DownloadsJul 29, 4am
After COVID-19 Delay, “The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement” Now Slated for January 2021 PremiereAug 5, 6am
Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” FilmAug 3, 5am
In a Franchise First, Newest Love Live! Group Nijigasaki Academy School Idol Club Adds New Official MemberAug 4, 5am
Koei Tecmo Financial Report Confirms Western Release of “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers” Jul 28, 5am
- ‘Golden Kamuy’ Anime Collaboration is Happening in Mobile Game GRAND SUMMONERS
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Maxiboost ON Tops Latest Japanese Video Game Rankings
- The Nintendo Switch has Sold 61.44 Million Units Worldwide, Animal Crossing Sold 22.4 Million Copies in Latest Quarter Report
- ‘TEKKEN 7’ Video Game Announces Season Pass 4!
- ‘BEASTARS’ Manga is Now Reaching Climax
- Trailer Revealed for Trilogy Film of Surfing-Themed Mixed-Media Franchise “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!”
- After COVID-19 Delay, “The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement” Now Slated for January 2021 Premiere
- Sailor Moon Eternal Film Reveals Voice Cast for the Amazon Trio
- “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku” Gets New OVA Episode
- In a Franchise First, Newest Love Live! Group Nijigasaki Academy School Idol Club Adds New Official Member
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song of Anime Film “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” by BUMP OF CHICKEN
- Shonen Jump Teases that One Piece is Entering its “Upcoming Final Arc”
- Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” Film
- “Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train” Reveals New Full Trailer, Theme Song by LiSA
- New Visual and October 2 Premiere Revealed for “TONIKAWA: Over the Moon For You”
- Goro Miyazaki is in Full Confidence on the Success of ‘Earwig and the Witch’ CG Film
- A Florida Congressman Warns Citizens About “Internet Anime Porn” Like ‘Dragon Ball Z’
- Dance Video of “Kaguya-sama”’s Chika Fujiwara Reaches 20 Million Views!