This year, popular Japanese instant ramen brand Nissin released a series of advertisements that featured characters from Eiichiro Oda’s long-running One Piece manga. The ad series, dubbed “Hungry Days”, has so far featured two One Piece characters—Roronoa Zoro and Nami.
To refresh your memory: Zoro was the first pirate to feature in the Nissin ad campaign, with his “Hungry Days” stint released last May. You can watch high-schooler Zoro (plus some cool cameos from other One Piece characters) endorsing Nissin here.
Just last September, it was Nami’s turn to feature for the ramen advertisement, which mimicked that one iconic scene where Luffy puts his hat on her head. You can watch the video here.
Fortunately for all of us, we haven’t seen the last of these One Piece x Nissin commercials! Just this Saturday, alternative rock group BUMP OF CHICKEN released the full music video of their song “Kinen Satsuei” (Commemorative Photo), which was used for the One Piece x Nissin ad campaign. What’s even better is the music video still features Zoro and Nami, plus other One Piece characters as well—all in high school! Check out the gorgeously-animated music video here!
The popular series of advertisements previously featured iconic anime such as Kiki’s Delivery Service (which drove the internet crazy for a time, because everyone thought we were getting a sequel), Heidi, Girl of the Alps, and Sazae-san, each with a different storyline. For example, the CM that featured Studio Ghibli’s Kiki and her friend Tombo sees Kiki dealing with the pangs of teenage romance, eventually confessing her feelings for Tombo.
These gorgeous animated CMs feature character designs by Carole & Tuesday’s Eisaku Kubonouchi. Concept for the ads is credited to Yusuke Sato and art director Aya Maeda. While the previous “Hungry Days” ads were produced by Tatsunoko Production, the One Piece ads were done by Shaft.
Source: Anime News Network
- AnimeJapan 2020 is Cancelled Due to Novel Coronavirus Outbreak (COVID-19)
- Launch Trailer Revealed for “One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows” Action-Fighting Game
- April 3 Premiere Announced for New “Sakura Wars” Anime
- New English Dub Revealed for Classic Film “Tokyo Godfathers”, 4K Restored-Version Set to Screen in US
- Third and Final “Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel” Film Set for a Los Angeles Premiere
- Australian Senator Highlights Anime Depicting “Child Exploitation” in Speech, Calls for “Review” of All Anime & Manga
- Live-Action Film Adaptation of “Promised Neverland” Announces Actresses for Isabella and Krone
- “Inferno Cop” Voice Actor Junichi Goto Dies in Motorcycle Accident
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Casts James Rieser as Hakim
- 22/7 Members Mizuha Kuraoka, Urara Takatsuji Go on Hiatus Due to Poor Health
- New Teaser Trailer for Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin “Final Chapter” Films Previews Kenshin vs. Enishi Fight
- ‘Kimetsu no Yaiba’ Manga has Conquered Japan’s Weekly Manga Top 19!
- English Dub Cast of ‘BEASTARS’ Anime Revealed!
- Tokyo Train Event of ‘Final Fantasy VII Remake’ is Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus
- The Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX and HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Games are Released on Xbox One!
- There will “Likely” Be a Shortage of Nintendo Switch in U.S. and Europe Due to COVID-19
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Film Going Fast with Box Office Gross Now at $70 Million in Just 4 Days
- Funimation Streams English-Dubbed Trailer of “My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising” Anime Film