There seems to be more stuff brewing in Square Enix as its First Development Division is now working on a new action game that is expected to be released for HD game consoles. As of this time, the title has not been revealed, and the company has not released any further information on the upcoming project.
However, the development team’s recruitment page hints that the game will be new intellectual property and will feature a “next-generation action game experience.” They also stated that “experts in various fields with development experience with ‘AAA class’ titles are gathering from all over the world” for this upcoming game project.
The recruitment page has also mentioned that the division is involved in working on the following projects: Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy VII Remake, SaGa SCARLET GRACE: AMBITIONS, Romancing SaGa Re; Universe, and Romancing SaGa 3.
Kingdom Hearts III was released on January 25 in Japan, following the worldwide release on January 29. Some of the confirmed worlds in the game are Toy Story, Big Hero 6, Monsters Inc., Tangled, Frozen, and Pirates of the Caribbean. Square Enix also confirmed the return of the Olympus Coliseum world.
The opening theme song titled “Face my Fears” is a collaboration of music producer Skrillex, Japanese singer icon Utada Hikaru, and record producer Poo Bear. Utada will also be singing the ending theme song titled “Don’t Think Twice” (“Chikai” or “Oath” for the song containing Japanese lyrics).
The remake of the highly popular Final Fantasy VII game is slated to be released worldwide on March 3, 2020 for the PlayStation IV. It will be released in Deluxe, Digital Deluxe, and 1st First Class Editions. Those who purchase the Deluxe Edition will have a mini-soundtrack CD, an art book, and a DLC Materia for Cactuar. Those who ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition will have a digital mini-soundtrack CD, a digital art book and a DLC Materia for Cactuar and Carbuncle. Those who purchased the 1st Class Edition will have all items in Deluxe Edition, a DLC Materia for Carbuncle, and a Play Arts Kai “Cloud Strife and Hardy Daytona” figure.
Everyone who pre-orders a physical copy of the game will each receive a DLC Materia for Chocobo Chick, while digital pre-orders will each have a theme for the PS4 Menu.
- AnimeJapan 2020 is Cancelled Due to Novel Coronavirus Outbreak (COVID-19)
- Launch Trailer Revealed for “One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows” Action-Fighting Game
- April 3 Premiere Announced for New “Sakura Wars” Anime
- New English Dub Revealed for Classic Film “Tokyo Godfathers”, 4K Restored-Version Set to Screen in US
- Third and Final “Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel” Film Set for a Los Angeles Premiere
- Australian Senator Highlights Anime Depicting “Child Exploitation” in Speech, Calls for “Review” of All Anime & Manga
- Live-Action Film Adaptation of “Promised Neverland” Announces Actresses for Isabella and Krone
- “Inferno Cop” Voice Actor Junichi Goto Dies in Motorcycle Accident
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Casts James Rieser as Hakim
- 22/7 Members Mizuha Kuraoka, Urara Takatsuji Go on Hiatus Due to Poor Health
- New Teaser Trailer for Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin “Final Chapter” Films Previews Kenshin vs. Enishi Fight
- ‘Kimetsu no Yaiba’ Manga has Conquered Japan’s Weekly Manga Top 19!
- English Dub Cast of ‘BEASTARS’ Anime Revealed!
- Tokyo Train Event of ‘Final Fantasy VII Remake’ is Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus
- The Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX and HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Games are Released on Xbox One!
- There will “Likely” Be a Shortage of Nintendo Switch in U.S. and Europe Due to COVID-19
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Film Going Fast with Box Office Gross Now at $70 Million in Just 4 Days
- Funimation Streams English-Dubbed Trailer of “My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising” Anime Film