The newest addition to the Persona 5 game universe, Persona 5 Scramble: Phantom Strikers has just revealed a new teaser video! The newest clip features none other than the main protagonist, Joker, who is voiced by Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass). Check it out here!
Persona 5 Scramble is, in actuality, a sequel to the Persona 5 story (yours truly initially thought it was a spinoff lol): the game is set 6 months after the events in the Persona 5 game. The Phantom Thieves—Joker, Ann, Ryuji, Makoto, Yusuke, Ryuji, Sakura—go on a summer vacation (yes, the obligatory beach episode) but instead of relaxing, they get involved in a new incident that spans the entire Japan.
A PV was previously released for the game, which features all the characters (and THAT beach moment—also a gorgeous hair flip moment from my girl Ann) and a sneak peek at the gameplay. You can watch that clip here.
Persona 5 Scramble: Phantom Strikers is an action RPG which features the “musou” style of Koei Tecmo and Omega Force’s hack-and-slash Dynasty Warriors series, which involves defeating a large number of enemies at once. Persona 5 S however still has the turn-based play of Atlus’ Persona series. The game is set for a February 20, 2020 release in Japan for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
Persona 5 is a role-playing game developed by gaming company Atlus. The game is chronologically the sixth in the Persona series and is part of the larger Megami Tensei franchise. It was released for the Play Station 3 & 4 consoles in Japan on September 2016 and on April 2017 worldwide. Persona 5 has spawned a TV anime series, entitled Persona the Animation. Produced by CloverWorks, it has a total of 26 episodes and aired from April to September 2018. It tells the story of Ren Amamiya and his group called the Phantom Thieves, who wield special powers called Personas. They use these Personas to change the hearts of people they deem are evil.
An expansion to the original Persona 5 game entitled Persona 5 Royal will be adding in the Phantom Thieves’ previously-unexplored third semester in Shujin Academy. The game was released in Japan last October 3.
Source: Anime News Network
- AnimeJapan 2020 is Cancelled Due to Novel Coronavirus Outbreak (COVID-19)
- Launch Trailer Revealed for “One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows” Action-Fighting Game
- April 3 Premiere Announced for New “Sakura Wars” Anime
- New English Dub Revealed for Classic Film “Tokyo Godfathers”, 4K Restored-Version Set to Screen in US
- Third and Final “Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel” Film Set for a Los Angeles Premiere
- Australian Senator Highlights Anime Depicting “Child Exploitation” in Speech, Calls for “Review” of All Anime & Manga
- Live-Action Film Adaptation of “Promised Neverland” Announces Actresses for Isabella and Krone
- “Inferno Cop” Voice Actor Junichi Goto Dies in Motorcycle Accident
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Casts James Rieser as Hakim
- 22/7 Members Mizuha Kuraoka, Urara Takatsuji Go on Hiatus Due to Poor Health
- New Teaser Trailer for Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin “Final Chapter” Films Previews Kenshin vs. Enishi Fight
- ‘Kimetsu no Yaiba’ Manga has Conquered Japan’s Weekly Manga Top 19!
- English Dub Cast of ‘BEASTARS’ Anime Revealed!
- Tokyo Train Event of ‘Final Fantasy VII Remake’ is Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus
- The Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX and HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Games are Released on Xbox One!
- There will “Likely” Be a Shortage of Nintendo Switch in U.S. and Europe Due to COVID-19
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Film Going Fast with Box Office Gross Now at $70 Million in Just 4 Days
- Funimation Streams English-Dubbed Trailer of “My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising” Anime Film