A new teaser clip was released this Tuesday for the upcoming live-action film adaptation of Wotakoi (Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii or Love is Hard for Otaku). The 18-second clip reveals three new cast members for the film. Watch the short teaser here!
The new cast members are Kento Kaku (the guy in the pink happi coat and doing wotagei), Tsuyoshi Muro (the bartender), and Jiro Sato (guy in the gray coat and white glasses gesticulating in front of the white board). All of these actors have previously worked with Wotakoi director Yuichi Fukuda, who also directed the live-action Gintama film.
The film is set for a February 7, 2020 release in Japan.
Mitsuki Takahata will be playing the lovable fujoshi lead Momose Narumi, with Kento Yamazaki (yes, he is EVERYWHERE) as her game otaku boyfriend Hirotaka Nifuji. Nanao will be playing Kabakura Tarou (aka the closeted shoujo fan), and Takumi Saitou will be Hanako Koyanagi (aka the handsome crossplayer—who is also a fujoshi like Momose).
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii started as a Japanese webmanga series on Pixiv, written and illustrated by Fujita. Main character Momose Narumi is a hardcore fujoshi who tries her best to keep this side of her a secret from everyone, especially at work. The story focuses on her dating her childhood friend and gaming otaku Hirotaka Nifuji as they both navigate through the ups and downs of having a romantic relationship with a fellow otaku. Secondary couple Kabakura, a huge shoujo fan, and Hanako, a famous cosplayer, also find ways to deal with each other’s fiery personalities, with Hanako always taking advantage of Kabakura’s secret obsession with shoujo manga to always get her way with him.
A-1 Pictures also adapted Wotakoi as an 11-episode animé series, which aired from April to June 2018.
Source: Anime News Network
- AnimeJapan 2020 is Cancelled Due to Novel Coronavirus Outbreak (COVID-19)
- Launch Trailer Revealed for “One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows” Action-Fighting Game
- April 3 Premiere Announced for New “Sakura Wars” Anime
- New English Dub Revealed for Classic Film “Tokyo Godfathers”, 4K Restored-Version Set to Screen in US
- Third and Final “Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel” Film Set for a Los Angeles Premiere
- Australian Senator Highlights Anime Depicting “Child Exploitation” in Speech, Calls for “Review” of All Anime & Manga
- Live-Action Film Adaptation of “Promised Neverland” Announces Actresses for Isabella and Krone
- “Inferno Cop” Voice Actor Junichi Goto Dies in Motorcycle Accident
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Casts James Rieser as Hakim
- 22/7 Members Mizuha Kuraoka, Urara Takatsuji Go on Hiatus Due to Poor Health
- New Teaser Trailer for Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin “Final Chapter” Films Previews Kenshin vs. Enishi Fight
- ‘Kimetsu no Yaiba’ Manga has Conquered Japan’s Weekly Manga Top 19!
- English Dub Cast of ‘BEASTARS’ Anime Revealed!
- Tokyo Train Event of ‘Final Fantasy VII Remake’ is Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus
- The Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX and HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Games are Released on Xbox One!
- There will “Likely” Be a Shortage of Nintendo Switch in U.S. and Europe Due to COVID-19
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Film Going Fast with Box Office Gross Now at $70 Million in Just 4 Days
- Funimation Streams English-Dubbed Trailer of “My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising” Anime Film