Advertisements can be annoying at times especially if you had to sit on them while you patiently wait for your favorite show to air on TV.
Now what if it’s a long “commercial” of one of the most highly-anticipated video game remakes?
On Sunday just shortly after midnight, Square Enix aired a record 7-minute commercial on Japanese television. So far, this is one of the longest commercials ever aired in the country.
In this commercial, it features Japanese actor Masataka Kubota (live-action Death Note television, live-action Tokyo Ghoul movie) playing a role of an office worker who has no idea and has never played the original Final Fantasy VII game. The role of the girlfriend in the commercial is Misato Morita (The Naked Director, live-action One Week Friends) who has some knowledge about the game when she saw her older brother played it back then. Then the last character is played by Tetsuji Tamayama (NANA, live-action LUPIN III) who plays the role of a diehard Final Fantasy VII fan.
To summarize the commercial, Kubota’s character just slightly ignores all the chatter about the game that is coming from his girlfriend and boss. He then later on slowly becomes interested in it.
The remake of the highly popular Final Fantasy VII game is slated to be released worldwide on March 3, 2020 for the PlayStation IV. It will be released in Deluxe, Digital Deluxe, and 1st First Class Editions. Those who purchase the Deluxe Edition will have a mini-soundtrack CD, an art book, and a DLC Materia for Cactuar. Those who ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition will have a digital mini-soundtrack CD, a digital art book and a DLC Materia for Cactuar and Carbuncle. Those who purchased the 1st Class Edition will have all items in Deluxe Edition, a DLC Materia for Carbuncle, and a Play Arts Kai “Cloud Strife and Hardy Daytona” figure.
Everyone who pre-orders a physical copy of the game will each receive a DLC Materia for Chocobo Chick, while digital pre-orders will each have a theme for the PS4 Menu.
Are you excited for the remake? We can’t control our excitement (and our feels!)
Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1 Jan 17, 9amWe are back again with another round-up of these kinds of guides to help beginner con attendees and cosplayers on their first convention. As observed, there are some cosplayers who make mistakes during the event.
- New Teaser Visual Released for “Assault Lily Bouquet”, Rie Takahashi Joins Cast
- Netflix Set to Release Studio Ghibli Films Worldwide Starting February 1 (Except N. America and Japan, That Is)
- Love Live! Franchise Announces New Project, Details to be Revealed on January 30
- Fruits Basket Season 2 Set for a Spring 2020 Premiere!
- Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1
- ‘Pokemon Sword and Shield’ Still Top the First Weeks of 2020 Japan Video Game Rankings
- ‘Weathering With You’ Conquers U.S. Box Office at #2!
- Supernatural Boys-Love Manga “The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window” Gets Live-Action Film Adaptation
- “Whisper of the Heart” Manga Gets Live-Action Film Adaptation
- Select US Theaters List Anime Film “Ride Your Wave” as Showing on February 19
- New Main Visual for 24th Detective Conan Movie Features Akai Family
- Animated Promo Video Released for “Cells at Work! Black” Manga
- 1st Teaser Trailer Revealed for Live-Action Film Adaptation of Boys-Love Manga “Love Stage!!”
- Violet Evergarden Side-Story “Eternity and Auto Memories Doll” Gets Theatrical US Screenings
- Atlus Releases Opening Video for “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers”
- Square Enix Delays Final Fantasy VII Remake Release to April 10
- Konomi Suzuki, nonoc Return to Sing Theme Songs for Re:ZERO Season 2
- BEASTARS to be Available in Netflix Outside Japan on March 13!