Since its creation in 1999 (feeling old yet?), Yu-Gi-Oh! is still one of the world’s popular trading card games to date with annual tournaments and with thousands of players from around the world.
The game, which is based on the manga of the same name created by Kazuki Takahashi in 1996, has paved the way for a lot of adaptations from anime, movies, films, video games, and so on.
As of October 2019, the original Japanese releases of the cards have reached 10,000. As a way to celebrate this achievement and the card games’ 20th anniversary in Japan, special Twitter campaigns have been launch as well as various events to be held in Tokyo, Nagoya, and Osaka. A special website was also being launched.
If you want to see all these unique cards, a special exhibit will happen at Osaka’s Grand Front from October 21 to 24. An exhibit will also happen at Oasis 21 in Nagoya from November 5 to 7, and in Shinjuku Station in Tokyo from November 18 to 24. Those who drop by during the limited exhibit runs will have a limited edition Kanan the Swordmistress card. These cards will only have 30,000 copies and exclusive for this special event.
Aside from this, 100 copies of a “secret rare” version of Kanan the Swordmistress card will also be given via a Twitter campaign. For you to join you must follow the YuGiOh_OCG_INFO Twitter account and tweet the name of the memorable Yu-Gi-Oh card that you own. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #遊戯王OCG10000種突破 (10,000 Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG types achieved). More details can be found in the tweet here.
To all the duelists, good luck and hope you will have more duels in the future.
Character Trailer Revealed for TV Anime Adaptation of Yongje Park Manhwa “The God of High School” May 28, 6am
Non Non Biyori Season 3 Reveals 1st Key Visual, January 2021 Premiere, Official Title, Returning Cast & StaffMay 26, 6am
Isekai Boys-Love Anime “The Titan’s Bride” Reveals Visual, July 5 TV Premiere + “Explicit” Version Online PremiereMay 20, 7am
“Love Live!” Reveals Promo Video & Names of Five Main Characters For Its Newest TV Anime ProjectMay 19, 6am
First Promo Video for Upcoming “Jujutsu Kaisen” TV Anime Reveals New Cast, Staff, October 2020 PremiereMay 20, 6am
“Weathering With You” Director Makoto Shinkai Announces That He is “Gradually Assembling” His Next FilmMay 21, 6am
English-Subbed Trailer Released for Fire Force Season 2, Opening Theme Song “SPARK-AGAIN” PreviewedMay 26, 6am
- “Fire Force” Season 2 Ending Theme Song to be Sung by Rock Band Cider Girl
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Gets Smartphone Puzzle Game This Year
- Character Trailer Revealed for TV Anime Adaptation of Yongje Park Manhwa “The God of High School”
- Live-Action “Rurouni Kenshin” Films Delayed to Spring 2021 Due to COVID-19
- Smartphone Game Announced for “Saga of Tanya the Evil”
- Kyoto Animation Arson Suspect Finally Arrested After 10 Months of Treatment
- Non Non Biyori Season 3 Reveals 1st Key Visual, January 2021 Premiere, Official Title, Returning Cast & Staff
- Re:ZERO Smartphone Game Reveals Title and Summer 2020 Release in New Teaser Video
- “Jujutsu Kaisen” TV Anime Adaptation Reveals First Key Visual
- English-Subbed Trailer Released for Fire Force Season 2, Opening Theme Song “SPARK-AGAIN” Previewed
- US Customs Seized a Massive 86,000 of ‘Pokemon’ Bootleg Figures
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Remains Supreme at #1 in Recent Video Game Rankings
- Funimation is Streaming the ‘One Piece Stampede’ Film for 60 Days
- Game Developer DMM to Host an Online Convention for Anime Industry Late Next Month
- “Stars Align” Releases “Special Fan Movie” Set Two Years After Anime’s Finale
- New Film Announced for “Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya”
- “Weathering With You” Director Makoto Shinkai Announces That He is “Gradually Assembling” His Next Film
- Isekai Boys-Love Anime “The Titan’s Bride” Reveals Visual, July 5 TV Premiere + “Explicit” Version Online Premiere