Truly all is fair in love and war as we are all finally getting what we desire the most, and that is a second season for romcom anime
where both characters are goddamned tsunderes Kaguya-sama: Love is War! This news was announced by Shueisha during the Young Jump Bunkasai event last Saturday in Tokyo. An announcement PV was released online, which you can watch here (and the video has already reached 2.1 million views, yes keep ‘em coming folks)!
A new visual was also revealed for the 2nd season, which features our favorite (and ever chaotic) student council:
Manga author Aka Akasaka also released a special illustration to commemorate the announcement!
The new season will feature the original staff, such as director Mamoru Hatakeyama, script supervisor Yasuhiro Nakanishi, character designer Yuko Yahiro, and composer Kei Haneoka. Main cast members Aoi Koga, Makoto Furukawa, Konomi Kohara, and Ryota Suzuki are set to reprise their roles as Kaguya Shinomiya, Miyuki Shirogane, Chika Fujiwara, and Yuu Ishigami respectively.
As of this writing, there is no definite date yet for the release of the second season.
Kaguya-sama: Love is War (or known in Japan as Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai - Tensai-tachi no Ren'ai Zunousen, literally, "Kaguya Wants to be Confessed to: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains") is a seinen manga series written and illustrated by Aka Akasaka. A1 Pictures adapted the series into a 12-episode TV anime, which aired from January to March 2019. A live-action movie was also released in Japan last September, earning a total of 2 billion yen so far. The English licensing rights to the series is held by Viz Media, which describes the manga’s story as such:
”All's fair when love is war!
Two geniuses. Two brains. Two hearts. One battle. Who will confess their love first…?!
Kaguya Shinomiya and Miyuki Shirogane are two geniuses who stand atop their prestigious academy's student council, making them the elite among elite. But it's lonely at the top and each has fallen for the other. There's just one huge problem standing in the way of lovey-dovey bliss—they're both too prideful to be the first to confess their romantic feelings and thus become the “loser” in the competition of love! And so begins their daily schemes to force the other to confess first!”
Source: Anime News Network
- Funimation Streams English-Dubbed Trailer of “My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising” Anime Film
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 to be Helmed by New Director & Studio, Set for October Release
- US and Canada Gets Theatrical Screenings for Daisuke Igarashi’s “Children of the Sea” Anime Film
- Yosuke Eguchi Returns to Play Hajime Saito + Mackenyu Joins Cast of Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin “Final Chapter” Films
- Promo Video, Preview of OP Song, New Visual Revealed for “My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU” Season 3
- 2nd Promo Video Released for New Anime Project for Boys-Love Series “Sekaiichi Hatsukoi”
- New Visual, Release Date Revealed for Upcoming Film for Musical Boys-Love Anime “given”
- New Trailer Released for Live-Action Film Adaptation of Boys-Love Manga “The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese”
- Promotional Video Released for Upcoming Baseball Girls Anime “Tamayomi”
- Sonic the Hedgehog Film’s USD 57 Million Opening Earnings Make it the Best Video Game Movie Debut Ever in US
- ‘Demon Slayer’ Volume 19 Manga is the 3rd Manga to Sell Over 1 Million Copies on its First Week
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Tops the U.S. Monthly Bookscan January List at #2!
- Olympic Skater Evgenia Medvedeva will Star in Upcoming ‘Sailor Moon’ Ice Show!
- ‘Granblue Fantasy: Versus’ Tops Recent Video Game Rankings in Japan
- Opening Movie for ‘Final Fantasy VII’ is Released!
- New Promo Video for “Drifting Dragons” Previews Series’ Upcoming “Giraud Arc”
- New Teaser Video, Additional Cast Revealed for Upcoming Third Season of Anime Series “Kingdom”
- Academy Museum of Motion Pictures in Los Angeles to Open on December 14 with a Studio Ghibli Exhibit