Three months since the devastating arson that was committed against Kyoto Animation’s 1st Animation Studio, KyoAni President Hideaki Hatta held a press conference to update the public on the company’s and its employees’ current status.
Of the 33 reported injured, 29 have already reported for work. Hatta stated during the press conference:
“Until July 18, Person A, Person B, and Person C were all at the company. And suddenly, those people all passed away. It’s incredibly tough mentally… Many staff are still feeling extremely stressed. The staff are talking and supporting one another while dealing with starting work again. We are working with medical institutions to provide psychological care."
Hatta also expressed gratitude for the outpouring of support from around the world, mentioning the messages the company has received both locally and internationally. He also thanked everyone who donated to support the studio.
This Thursday, the city of Kyoto announced that the bank account KyoAni has set up for donations has already received a total of 2, 915, 460, 000 yen (approximately 26.8 million). Hatta earlier stated that all donations will go to the families of the bereaved as well as for the medical expenses of the injured staff, and that none will be used for the benefit of the company.
Hatta also talked about the studio’s upcoming projects, such as the delayed Violet Evergarden film and the Free! Film which was slated for a release next summer. He said that as of now, the company is currently working on putting out the Violet Evergarden film after April 2020. It will be remembered that the film was supposed to be released on January 2020, but KyoAni announced last September that the film’s release will be delayed. During this time, they are also looking closely at the situation to see how their future plans will be played out.
Source: Anime News Network
Attending Your First Convention – Dos and Don’tsNov 14, 10pmThis week, I have decided to write about things that may be essential for those who are first-timers in attending anime and hobby conventions. Even as 2019 is almost ending, it is expected that a few conventions might be happening in your state or in the city next to you very soon.
Beginner’s Guide to Starting CosplayersNov 15, 12amCosplay is just one awesome way to express your love for a certain character from any series or franchise. Some have been in this hobby for years, while there is still a lot still finding the right timing to start out and just have fun in a convention or photoshoot.
- “One Liter of Tears” Actress Erika Sawajiri Arrested for Illegal Drugs, Admits to be Using Them For 10 Years
- New Trailer for Live-Action “Wotakoi” Film Features More Otaku Shenanigans
- First 5 Minutes of Yuri Anime “Fragtime” OVA Streamed
- Burnout Syndromes, CHiCO with Honeyworks Revealed to be Theme Song Artists for Haikyu!! Season 4
- New Trailer for Live-Action “Hell Girl” Film Compares Scenes from the Anime & Film
- LiSA Set to Make Her Kohaku Uta Gassen Debut on December 31
- ‘Monster Hunter’ VR Hunt and ‘Attack on Titan’ Roller Coaster to Open at Universal Studios Japan!
- Beginner’s Guide to Starting Cosplayers
- Editor of ‘One Piece’ Confirms on Creator’s Statement of Manga Ending in 5 Years
- Attending Your First Convention – Dos and Don’ts
- “One Piece Stampede” Film’s English Dub Cast Revealed to Have Been Chosen by Author Eiichiro Oda Himself
- Anime NYC to Screen 1st Two Episodes of “Magia Record”, Madoka VA & SHAFT President Set to Attend
- New Color Visual, Spring 2020 Premiere Revealed for Upcoming Film for Boys-Love Anime “Given”
- The ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ Redesign is an Example That Fan Feedback Matters
- New Main Visual & Teaser Video Revealed for Kimetsu no Yaiba Stage Play
- Summer 2020 Premiere of New “Free!” Movie Delayed Indefinitely
- New Trailer for Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Finally Debuts Sonic Redesign
- Meeting Your Idol for the First Time – Dos and Don’ts