Popular voice actress Minako Kotobuki announced on her official blog this Thursday that she will be studying in the United Kingdom for one year, starting on spring next year.
According to her blog post, she will be studying language and drama. She also stated that she hopes to learn more about the world and pursue personal growth as well during the time that she will be abroad. She will not be taking a full break from her career however, as she promises to continue with her official blog and radio program while abroad as long as she is able to do so.
She says in her blog post,
“I’ve explored the ways of expressions. I’ve loved that time and it’s still the same. That’s why I started thinking about my own life and growth, learning about the size and extent of the world every day. Then I was filled with a thought, ‘I want to see and know about things more and more!’ So I have decided to go to England for about a year. I will learn the language, feel the British stage plays directly, and meet a lot people. Thorough a life in a different world, I will do my best to come back as a new myself in the spring of 2021."
She has been in the entertainment business for 18 years, starting out as a child actress. She debuted as a voice actress in 2006 with a minor role in the anime Red Garden. She has gone on to voice popular roles such as Tsumugi Kotobuki in K-On!, Karina Lyle/Blue Rose in Tiger & Bunny,
my favorite glasses senpai Asuka Tanaka in Sound! Euphonium, Touko Nanami in Bloom into You (Yagate Kimi ni Naru), with her latest being the role of Maria Miki for the Netflix anime series 7 Seeds.
She also debuted as a member of the musical group Sphere, which is composed of her fellow voice actresses Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna in Sword Art Online), Ayahi Takagaki (Lisbeth in Sword Art Online), and Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa in K-On!). According to a tweet by Kotobuki’s Sphere co-member Toyosaki, the group’s activities will still continue while the former is abroad.
Source: Crunchyroll News
- ‘Kimetsu no Yaiba’ Manga has Conquered Japan’s Weekly Manga Top 19!
- English Dub Cast of ‘BEASTARS’ Anime Revealed!
- Tokyo Train Event of ‘Final Fantasy VII Remake’ is Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus
- The Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX and HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Games are Released on Xbox One!
- There will “Likely” Be a Shortage of Nintendo Switch in U.S. and Europe Due to COVID-19
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Film Going Fast with Box Office Gross Now at $70 Million in Just 4 Days
- Funimation Streams English-Dubbed Trailer of “My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising” Anime Film
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 to be Helmed by New Director & Studio, Set for October Release
- US and Canada Gets Theatrical Screenings for Daisuke Igarashi’s “Children of the Sea” Anime Film
- Yosuke Eguchi Returns to Play Hajime Saito + Mackenyu Joins Cast of Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin “Final Chapter” Films
- Promo Video, Preview of OP Song, New Visual Revealed for “My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU” Season 3
- 2nd Promo Video Released for New Anime Project for Boys-Love Series “Sekaiichi Hatsukoi”
- New Visual, Release Date Revealed for Upcoming Film for Musical Boys-Love Anime “given”
- New Trailer Released for Live-Action Film Adaptation of Boys-Love Manga “The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese”
- Promotional Video Released for Upcoming Baseball Girls Anime “Tamayomi”
- Sonic the Hedgehog Film’s USD 57 Million Opening Earnings Make it the Best Video Game Movie Debut Ever in US
- ‘Demon Slayer’ Volume 19 Manga is the 3rd Manga to Sell Over 1 Million Copies on its First Week
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Tops the U.S. Monthly Bookscan January List at #2!