Popular voice actress Minako Kotobuki announced on her official blog this Thursday that she will be studying in the United Kingdom for one year, starting on spring next year.
According to her blog post, she will be studying language and drama. She also stated that she hopes to learn more about the world and pursue personal growth as well during the time that she will be abroad. She will not be taking a full break from her career however, as she promises to continue with her official blog and radio program while abroad as long as she is able to do so.
She says in her blog post,
“I’ve explored the ways of expressions. I’ve loved that time and it’s still the same. That’s why I started thinking about my own life and growth, learning about the size and extent of the world every day. Then I was filled with a thought, ‘I want to see and know about things more and more!’ So I have decided to go to England for about a year. I will learn the language, feel the British stage plays directly, and meet a lot people. Thorough a life in a different world, I will do my best to come back as a new myself in the spring of 2021."
She has been in the entertainment business for 18 years, starting out as a child actress. She debuted as a voice actress in 2006 with a minor role in the anime Red Garden. She has gone on to voice popular roles such as Tsumugi Kotobuki in K-On!, Karina Lyle/Blue Rose in Tiger & Bunny,
my favorite glasses senpai Asuka Tanaka in Sound! Euphonium, Touko Nanami in Bloom into You (Yagate Kimi ni Naru), with her latest being the role of Maria Miki for the Netflix anime series 7 Seeds.
She also debuted as a member of the musical group Sphere, which is composed of her fellow voice actresses Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna in Sword Art Online), Ayahi Takagaki (Lisbeth in Sword Art Online), and Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa in K-On!). According to a tweet by Kotobuki’s Sphere co-member Toyosaki, the group’s activities will still continue while the former is abroad.
Source: Crunchyroll News
Attending Your First Convention – Dos and Don’tsNov 14, 10pmThis week, I have decided to write about things that may be essential for those who are first-timers in attending anime and hobby conventions. Even as 2019 is almost ending, it is expected that a few conventions might be happening in your state or in the city next to you very soon.
Beginner’s Guide to Starting CosplayersNov 15, 12amCosplay is just one awesome way to express your love for a certain character from any series or franchise. Some have been in this hobby for years, while there is still a lot still finding the right timing to start out and just have fun in a convention or photoshoot.
- “One Liter of Tears” Actress Erika Sawajiri Arrested for Illegal Drugs, Admits to be Using Them For 10 Years
- New Trailer for Live-Action “Wotakoi” Film Features More Otaku Shenanigans
- First 5 Minutes of Yuri Anime “Fragtime” OVA Streamed
- Burnout Syndromes, CHiCO with Honeyworks Revealed to be Theme Song Artists for Haikyu!! Season 4
- New Trailer for Live-Action “Hell Girl” Film Compares Scenes from the Anime & Film
- LiSA Set to Make Her Kohaku Uta Gassen Debut on December 31
- ‘Monster Hunter’ VR Hunt and ‘Attack on Titan’ Roller Coaster to Open at Universal Studios Japan!
- Beginner’s Guide to Starting Cosplayers
- Editor of ‘One Piece’ Confirms on Creator’s Statement of Manga Ending in 5 Years
- Attending Your First Convention – Dos and Don’ts
- “One Piece Stampede” Film’s English Dub Cast Revealed to Have Been Chosen by Author Eiichiro Oda Himself
- Anime NYC to Screen 1st Two Episodes of “Magia Record”, Madoka VA & SHAFT President Set to Attend
- New Color Visual, Spring 2020 Premiere Revealed for Upcoming Film for Boys-Love Anime “Given”
- The ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ Redesign is an Example That Fan Feedback Matters
- New Main Visual & Teaser Video Revealed for Kimetsu no Yaiba Stage Play
- Summer 2020 Premiere of New “Free!” Movie Delayed Indefinitely
- New Trailer for Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Finally Debuts Sonic Redesign
- Meeting Your Idol for the First Time – Dos and Don’ts