Need more reasons to go to Anime NYC? American distribution company GKIDS has just announced that they will be screening Makoto Shinkai’s latest smash hit, Weathering with You (Tenki no Ko) at the Anime NYC—a full two months before its scheduled January 17, 2020 North American opening! Weathering with You will be the convention’s closing film. Anime NYC will also be the film’s East Coast premiere.
The special advance screening will take place on Sunday, November 17, at the Anime NYC’s Special Events Hall. Seats will be limited—the venue seats 2,000+— but the organizers will start to accept RSVPs by early November. To get in, you’ll need an Anime NYC weekend or Sunday badge, with no additional payment required.
Anime News Network describes the movie’s story as such:
In the film’s story, high school student Hodaka leaves his home on an isolated island and moves to Tokyo, but he immediately becomes broke. He lives his days in isolation, but finally finds a job as a writer for a shady occult magazine. After he starts his job, the weather has been rainy day after day. In a corner of the crowded and busy city, Hodaka meets a young woman named Hina. Due to certain circumstances, Hina and her younger brother live together, but have a cheerful and sturdy life. Hina also has a certain power: the power to stop the rain and clear the sky.
Announced guests at Anime NYC include Dr. Stone manga creators Riichirou Inagaki and Boichi, Code Geass writer Ichiro Okouchi, character designer Takahiro Kimura, and C.C.’s voice actress Yukana, Monogatari series illustrator VOFAN, along with guest performers JAM Project, Love Live! Sunshine!!’s Aqours sub-unit Guilty Kiss, BanG Dream!’s Miku Ito, TRUE, and ZAQ. The convention will also be hosting legendary Gundam creator Yoshiyuki Tomino, whose guesting at the Anime NYC is part of the celebrations for the franchise’s 40th anniversary, as well as popular voice actress Rie Kugimiya, who is dubbed as the “Tsundere Queen”. This will be Tomino’s and Kugimiya’s first and only US appearance.
Anime NYC will be held from November 15 to 17 at the Javits Center in Midtown Manhattan.
Source: Anime News Network
- ‘Kimetsu no Yaiba’ Manga has Conquered Japan’s Weekly Manga Top 19!
- English Dub Cast of ‘BEASTARS’ Anime Revealed!
- Tokyo Train Event of ‘Final Fantasy VII Remake’ is Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus
- The Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX and HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Games are Released on Xbox One!
- There will “Likely” Be a Shortage of Nintendo Switch in U.S. and Europe Due to COVID-19
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Film Going Fast with Box Office Gross Now at $70 Million in Just 4 Days
- Funimation Streams English-Dubbed Trailer of “My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising” Anime Film
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 to be Helmed by New Director & Studio, Set for October Release
- US and Canada Gets Theatrical Screenings for Daisuke Igarashi’s “Children of the Sea” Anime Film
- Yosuke Eguchi Returns to Play Hajime Saito + Mackenyu Joins Cast of Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin “Final Chapter” Films
- Promo Video, Preview of OP Song, New Visual Revealed for “My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU” Season 3
- 2nd Promo Video Released for New Anime Project for Boys-Love Series “Sekaiichi Hatsukoi”
- New Visual, Release Date Revealed for Upcoming Film for Musical Boys-Love Anime “given”
- New Trailer Released for Live-Action Film Adaptation of Boys-Love Manga “The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese”
- Promotional Video Released for Upcoming Baseball Girls Anime “Tamayomi”
- Sonic the Hedgehog Film’s USD 57 Million Opening Earnings Make it the Best Video Game Movie Debut Ever in US
- ‘Demon Slayer’ Volume 19 Manga is the 3rd Manga to Sell Over 1 Million Copies on its First Week
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Tops the U.S. Monthly Bookscan January List at #2!