More special guest announcements are rolling out for the upcoming Anime NYC! This time, it’s none other than key Code Geass staff: writer Ichiro Okouchi, character designer Takahiro Kimura, and C.C.’s voice actress Yukana. The three will grace the special screening of the sequel film Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection, as well as attend a special behind-the-scenes talk about the making of the film project.
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection was released in Japanese theaters on February 9, 2019 and after a month in theaters already earned more than 1 billion yen in ticket sales. The new film serves as the finale of the entire series, which finished its 50-episode run more than a decade ago. From 2017, Sunrise has released three compilation films to serve as a refresher to audiences: Code Geass – Hangyaku no Lelouch – Kodo (October 2017), Code Geass – Hangyaku no Lelouch – Hando (February 2018), and Code Geass – Hangyaku no Lelouch – Odo (May 2018). Besides being a recap of the Code Geass series, the compilation films also featured new scenes not seen in the series, with new voice recordings from the original cast themselves.
Lelouch of the Re;surrection takes place two years after the Zero Requiem finale of the series. Goro Taniguchi reprised his role as director with most of his key staff from the anime series. Leo Ieiri performed the movie’s opening song “In This World” and ending song “Revive” was performed by Unione.
Other guests at Anime NYC include Dr. Stone manga creators Riichirou Inagaki and Boichi, Monogatari series illustrator VOFAN, along with guest performers JAM Project, Love Live! Sunshine!!’s Aqours sub-unit Guilty Kiss, BanG Dream!’s Miku Ito, TRUE, and ZAQ. The convention will also be hosting legendary Gundam creator Yoshiyuki Tomino, whose guesting at the Anime NYC is part of the celebrations for the franchise’s 40th anniversary, as well as popular voice actress Rie Kugimiya, who is dubbed as the “Tsundere Queen”. This will be Tomino’s and Kugimiya’s first and only US appearance.
Anime NYC will be held from November 15 to 17 at the Javits Center in Midtown Manhattan.
Source: Anime News Network
Attending Your First Convention – Dos and Don’tsNov 14, 10pmThis week, I have decided to write about things that may be essential for those who are first-timers in attending anime and hobby conventions. Even as 2019 is almost ending, it is expected that a few conventions might be happening in your state or in the city next to you very soon.
Beginner’s Guide to Starting CosplayersNov 15, 12amCosplay is just one awesome way to express your love for a certain character from any series or franchise. Some have been in this hobby for years, while there is still a lot still finding the right timing to start out and just have fun in a convention or photoshoot.
- “One Liter of Tears” Actress Erika Sawajiri Arrested for Illegal Drugs, Admits to be Using Them For 10 Years
- New Trailer for Live-Action “Wotakoi” Film Features More Otaku Shenanigans
- First 5 Minutes of Yuri Anime “Fragtime” OVA Streamed
- Burnout Syndromes, CHiCO with Honeyworks Revealed to be Theme Song Artists for Haikyu!! Season 4
- New Trailer for Live-Action “Hell Girl” Film Compares Scenes from the Anime & Film
- LiSA Set to Make Her Kohaku Uta Gassen Debut on December 31
- ‘Monster Hunter’ VR Hunt and ‘Attack on Titan’ Roller Coaster to Open at Universal Studios Japan!
- Beginner’s Guide to Starting Cosplayers
- Editor of ‘One Piece’ Confirms on Creator’s Statement of Manga Ending in 5 Years
- Attending Your First Convention – Dos and Don’ts
- “One Piece Stampede” Film’s English Dub Cast Revealed to Have Been Chosen by Author Eiichiro Oda Himself
- Anime NYC to Screen 1st Two Episodes of “Magia Record”, Madoka VA & SHAFT President Set to Attend
- New Color Visual, Spring 2020 Premiere Revealed for Upcoming Film for Boys-Love Anime “Given”
- The ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ Redesign is an Example That Fan Feedback Matters
- New Main Visual & Teaser Video Revealed for Kimetsu no Yaiba Stage Play
- Summer 2020 Premiere of New “Free!” Movie Delayed Indefinitely
- New Trailer for Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Finally Debuts Sonic Redesign
- Meeting Your Idol for the First Time – Dos and Don’ts