More special guest announcements are rolling out for the upcoming Anime NYC! This time, it’s none other than key Code Geass staff: writer Ichiro Okouchi, character designer Takahiro Kimura, and C.C.’s voice actress Yukana. The three will grace the special screening of the sequel film Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection, as well as attend a special behind-the-scenes talk about the making of the film project.
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection was released in Japanese theaters on February 9, 2019 and after a month in theaters already earned more than 1 billion yen in ticket sales. The new film serves as the finale of the entire series, which finished its 50-episode run more than a decade ago. From 2017, Sunrise has released three compilation films to serve as a refresher to audiences: Code Geass – Hangyaku no Lelouch – Kodo (October 2017), Code Geass – Hangyaku no Lelouch – Hando (February 2018), and Code Geass – Hangyaku no Lelouch – Odo (May 2018). Besides being a recap of the Code Geass series, the compilation films also featured new scenes not seen in the series, with new voice recordings from the original cast themselves.
Lelouch of the Re;surrection takes place two years after the Zero Requiem finale of the series. Goro Taniguchi reprised his role as director with most of his key staff from the anime series. Leo Ieiri performed the movie’s opening song “In This World” and ending song “Revive” was performed by Unione.
Other guests at Anime NYC include Dr. Stone manga creators Riichirou Inagaki and Boichi, Monogatari series illustrator VOFAN, along with guest performers JAM Project, Love Live! Sunshine!!’s Aqours sub-unit Guilty Kiss, BanG Dream!’s Miku Ito, TRUE, and ZAQ. The convention will also be hosting legendary Gundam creator Yoshiyuki Tomino, whose guesting at the Anime NYC is part of the celebrations for the franchise’s 40th anniversary, as well as popular voice actress Rie Kugimiya, who is dubbed as the “Tsundere Queen”. This will be Tomino’s and Kugimiya’s first and only US appearance.
Anime NYC will be held from November 15 to 17 at the Javits Center in Midtown Manhattan.
Source: Anime News Network
- ‘Kimetsu no Yaiba’ Manga has Conquered Japan’s Weekly Manga Top 19!
- English Dub Cast of ‘BEASTARS’ Anime Revealed!
- Tokyo Train Event of ‘Final Fantasy VII Remake’ is Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus
- The Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX and HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Games are Released on Xbox One!
- There will “Likely” Be a Shortage of Nintendo Switch in U.S. and Europe Due to COVID-19
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Film Going Fast with Box Office Gross Now at $70 Million in Just 4 Days
- Funimation Streams English-Dubbed Trailer of “My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising” Anime Film
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 to be Helmed by New Director & Studio, Set for October Release
- US and Canada Gets Theatrical Screenings for Daisuke Igarashi’s “Children of the Sea” Anime Film
- Yosuke Eguchi Returns to Play Hajime Saito + Mackenyu Joins Cast of Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin “Final Chapter” Films
- Promo Video, Preview of OP Song, New Visual Revealed for “My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU” Season 3
- 2nd Promo Video Released for New Anime Project for Boys-Love Series “Sekaiichi Hatsukoi”
- New Visual, Release Date Revealed for Upcoming Film for Musical Boys-Love Anime “given”
- New Trailer Released for Live-Action Film Adaptation of Boys-Love Manga “The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese”
- Promotional Video Released for Upcoming Baseball Girls Anime “Tamayomi”
- Sonic the Hedgehog Film’s USD 57 Million Opening Earnings Make it the Best Video Game Movie Debut Ever in US
- ‘Demon Slayer’ Volume 19 Manga is the 3rd Manga to Sell Over 1 Million Copies on its First Week
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Tops the U.S. Monthly Bookscan January List at #2!