Yes, I’ve already mentioned the abundance of mixed-media franchises in a previous article, and now here we are again: Assault Lily Project, a mixed-media franchise based on the 1/12 scale action dolls by doll maker Azone International and creative group acus, will be receiving a TV anime adaptation by none other than studio SHAFT. The TV anime will be entitled Assault Project Bouquet.
A visual was released on the anime’s website
and honestly at first look I thought it was Madoka and Homura and then you realize that Madoka Magica is also by SHAFT but I digress so just look at the fine visual below:
The website’s tagline is, “A rhapsody of petals dancing on the frontline”, and the project is described as centering around “battles waged by beautiful girls with weapons”. The story is described as such:
“On Earth in the near future, humanity faced imminent destruction from mysterious giant creatures known as “Huge.” The entire world unites against the Huge, and successfully develops weaponry known as “CHARM” (Counter Huge Arms) by combining science and magic. CHARM exhibits high rates of synchronization with teenaged girls, and the girls who use CHARM are viewed as heroes called “Lilies”. Throughout the world, “Garden” military academies are established to train Lilies to face the Huge and to serve as bases to protect and guide people. This is a story about fighting girls who aim to become Lilies at one such Garden.”
The TV anime will be directed by Shouji Saeki (Medaka Box) with Mieko Hosoi (Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju) designing the characters.
Besides a TV anime, the Assault Lily franchise will also have a stage play adaptation produced by Bushiroad entitled Assault Lily: League of Guardians. The play, which will run from January 9 to 15 at Tokyo’s Shinjuku Face venue, will feature the voice actresses playing their respective roles on stage (similar to another Bushiroad franchise, Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight). The cast are:
· Hikaru Akao as Riri Hitotsunayagi
· Yuko Natsuyoshi as Yuyu Shirai
· Mikako Izawa as Kaede Johan Nouvelle
· Rimi Nishimoto as Fumi Futagawa
· Risa Tsumugi as Tazusa Ando
· Haruki Iwata as Thi Mai Yoshimura
· Sana Hoshimori as Kuo Shenlin
· Hikaru Tohno as Wang Yujia
· Karin Takahashi as Miliam Hildegard von Globius
Source: Anime News Network
- ‘Kimetsu no Yaiba’ Manga has Conquered Japan’s Weekly Manga Top 19!
- English Dub Cast of ‘BEASTARS’ Anime Revealed!
- Tokyo Train Event of ‘Final Fantasy VII Remake’ is Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus
- The Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX and HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Games are Released on Xbox One!
- There will “Likely” Be a Shortage of Nintendo Switch in U.S. and Europe Due to COVID-19
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Film Going Fast with Box Office Gross Now at $70 Million in Just 4 Days
- Funimation Streams English-Dubbed Trailer of “My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising” Anime Film
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 to be Helmed by New Director & Studio, Set for October Release
- US and Canada Gets Theatrical Screenings for Daisuke Igarashi’s “Children of the Sea” Anime Film
- Yosuke Eguchi Returns to Play Hajime Saito + Mackenyu Joins Cast of Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin “Final Chapter” Films
- Promo Video, Preview of OP Song, New Visual Revealed for “My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU” Season 3
- 2nd Promo Video Released for New Anime Project for Boys-Love Series “Sekaiichi Hatsukoi”
- New Visual, Release Date Revealed for Upcoming Film for Musical Boys-Love Anime “given”
- New Trailer Released for Live-Action Film Adaptation of Boys-Love Manga “The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese”
- Promotional Video Released for Upcoming Baseball Girls Anime “Tamayomi”
- Sonic the Hedgehog Film’s USD 57 Million Opening Earnings Make it the Best Video Game Movie Debut Ever in US
- ‘Demon Slayer’ Volume 19 Manga is the 3rd Manga to Sell Over 1 Million Copies on its First Week
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Tops the U.S. Monthly Bookscan January List at #2!