Science is more fun when mixed in with anime, like the 2018 TV anime Cells at Work! Now, get ready for more science fun, as we’ll be seeing our favorite cells in a new setting. Kodansha’s Morning magazine announced this Thursday that the science-centered manga will be getting a new spinoff manga entitled Hataraku Saibou! Baby (Cells at Work! Baby). And yes, the title says it all: the spinoff manga will now be set in the body of a human baby.
According to the announcement, the spinoff will center on cells living inside a baby 40 weeks since conception and nearing delivery. Naturally, the cells inside the baby’s body are all new and thus, know nothing—yet.
Cells at Work! Baby will debut in Morning magazine on October 17 with a color opening page. The manga will be illustrated by Yasuhiro Fukuda.
Written and illustrated by Akane Shimizu, Cells at Work! was first serialized in Kodansha’s Monthly Shonen Sirius in 2015. It features the anthromorphized cells of the human body, with the story mostly told from the perspective of a clumsy but lovable Red Blood Cell along with her reliable friend Neutrophil, who almost always ends up saving her from pathogens. The series depicts their daily activities and respective responsibilities as cells in the human body.
The manga series has already received several spinoff mangas, such as Hataraku Saikin (Bacteria at Work), Hatarakanai Saibou(Cells That Don’t Work), Hataraku Saibou BLACK (Cells at Work! Code Black), Hataraku Saibou Friend, and the latest, Hataraku Kesshouban-chan (Platelets at Work).
Cells at Work!’s first season, which was produced by David Productions, aired from July to September of last year. It was directed by Kenichi Suzuki (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Drifters) with Yuuko Kakihara (Persona 4 the Animation) in charge of series composition. The script was collaborated on by both Suzuki and Kakihara. Its success among fans had led to a stage play adaptation that ran last November, and a mobile game entitled Itsudemo Hataraku Saibou. Last March, David Productions has announced that the anime series will be getting a second season.
Source: Anime News Network
Attending Your First Convention – Dos and Don’tsNov 14, 10pmThis week, I have decided to write about things that may be essential for those who are first-timers in attending anime and hobby conventions. Even as 2019 is almost ending, it is expected that a few conventions might be happening in your state or in the city next to you very soon.
Beginner’s Guide to Starting CosplayersNov 15, 12amCosplay is just one awesome way to express your love for a certain character from any series or franchise. Some have been in this hobby for years, while there is still a lot still finding the right timing to start out and just have fun in a convention or photoshoot.
- “One Liter of Tears” Actress Erika Sawajiri Arrested for Illegal Drugs, Admits to be Using Them For 10 Years
- New Trailer for Live-Action “Wotakoi” Film Features More Otaku Shenanigans
- First 5 Minutes of Yuri Anime “Fragtime” OVA Streamed
- Burnout Syndromes, CHiCO with Honeyworks Revealed to be Theme Song Artists for Haikyu!! Season 4
- New Trailer for Live-Action “Hell Girl” Film Compares Scenes from the Anime & Film
- LiSA Set to Make Her Kohaku Uta Gassen Debut on December 31
- ‘Monster Hunter’ VR Hunt and ‘Attack on Titan’ Roller Coaster to Open at Universal Studios Japan!
- Beginner’s Guide to Starting Cosplayers
- Editor of ‘One Piece’ Confirms on Creator’s Statement of Manga Ending in 5 Years
- Attending Your First Convention – Dos and Don’ts
- “One Piece Stampede” Film’s English Dub Cast Revealed to Have Been Chosen by Author Eiichiro Oda Himself
- Anime NYC to Screen 1st Two Episodes of “Magia Record”, Madoka VA & SHAFT President Set to Attend
- New Color Visual, Spring 2020 Premiere Revealed for Upcoming Film for Boys-Love Anime “Given”
- The ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ Redesign is an Example That Fan Feedback Matters
- New Main Visual & Teaser Video Revealed for Kimetsu no Yaiba Stage Play
- Summer 2020 Premiere of New “Free!” Movie Delayed Indefinitely
- New Trailer for Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Finally Debuts Sonic Redesign
- Meeting Your Idol for the First Time – Dos and Don’ts