Seriously, what is it with old anime series getting new seasons or adaptations? This time, it’s the 2013 vampire anime series Strike the Blood! It was announced during the “Dengeki Bunko Aki no Namahoso Festival” last Sunday that the vampire series is set to receive a new original OVA episode, as well as a 4th OVA series.
The original OVA episode is entitled Strike the Blood Kieta Seisou-hen (Disappearing Holy Lance Arc). The episode will be shipped on January 29, 2020. A key visual was also revealed for the new episode:
The 4th OVA season, on the other hand, will be entitled Strike the Blood IV. According to the announcement, the new season will have a total of 12 episodes to be divided into six home video releases. Strike the Blood IV is set for a March 25, 2020 debut.
Both projects will be handled by the same staff, which includes Hideyo Yamamoto directing for studio CONNECT. Yamamoto directed previous seasons of Strike the Blood. Also onboard is Hiroyuki Yoshino who will be writing the scripts, as well as Assumed Sounds for music composition. The opening theme song will be performed by Kishida Kyodan & the Akeboshi Rockets, while the ED theme will be performed by Risa Taneda. The two OVA projects will also feature a returning voice cast.
Strike the Blood is a light novel series written by Gakuto Mikumo with illustrations by Manyako. It was first published in 2011 and eventually received a manga adaptation in 2012. In 2013, Silver Link and CONNECT adapted the series into a 24-episode TV anime that aired from October 2013 to March 2014. Two OVA seasons followed in 2015 and 2016, and the third OVA season shipped in five installments starting December 2018.
Anime News Network describes the series’ story as such:
“The school action fantasy story of Strike The Blood begins with Kojō Akatsuki, a boy deemed the “fourth progenitor” — the world’s most powerful vampire, once thought to only exist in legend and lore. In the Itogamijima special zone for demons, a girl named Yukina Himeragi is entrusted with watching over the vampire and if needed, hunting him down.”
Source: Anime News Network
- KyoAni President: 4 of 33 Injured Staff Still at the Hospital, the Rest Have Returned to Work
- Studio Ghibli Films Confirmed to be Coming to HBO Max in Spring 2020
- Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki to Study in UK for One Year Starting Spring 2020
- Weathering With You Set to Make East Coast Premiere at Anime NYC
- 1st 41 Episodes of 1986 Saint Seiya Anime Now Streaming on Netflix, Features New English Dub
- Kaguya-sama Live-Action Film Surpasses 2 Billion Yen in Ticket Sales
- ‘No Guns Life’ Anime Adaptation to have 24 Episodes
- Makoto Shinkai’s “Garden of Words” Film Gets Stage Play Adaptation in London
- Code Geass Writer, Character Designer, C.C. Voice Actress Announced as Guests at Anime NYC
- SHAFT to Produce TV Anime Adaptation of Mixed-Media Franchise “Assault Lily Project”
- Studio DEEN to Co-Produce Two-Part Sailor Moon Eternal Movie with Toei
- New Film Teaser of ‘Weathering With You’ Confirms North America Opening on January 17!
- ‘Azur Lane’ Gets New Manga to Release in December
- Cells at Work! Gets New Spinoff Manga Set Inside a Baby’s Body
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song of My Hero Academia the Movie –Heroes: Rising—Film
- Bandai Namco Releases Digimon ReArise Smartphone Game in the West
- Aniplex of America Reveals English Dub Cast of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
- “Empress of JPop” Ayumi Hamasaki Uploads All 128 of Her Music Videos on Youtube