Everyone’s favorite anisong singer returns to Sword Art Online! If you’ve grown tired of listening to “Adamas” or even older LiSA SAO songs such as soulful ballad “Shirushi” (RIP Yuuki wipes tear) or the classic “Crossing Field”, well you’re in for a treat! The official website of Sword Art Online: Alicization – War of the Underworld has just revealed that platinum-certified singer LiSA is back to sing another SAO theme song!
According to the announcement, LiSA will be singing War of the Underworld’s ending theme song entitled “unlasting”. The opening theme song which is entitled “Resolution”, on the other hand, will be sung by
eternal waifu Asuna’s voice actress, Haruka Tomatsu.
The much-awaited second half of Sword Art Online: Alicization anime is set for an October 12 release in Japan. The announcement on the anime series’ official website also stated that the series will air on 5 channels in Japan: Tokyo MX, BS11, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV, and MBS.
So far, Alicization has already adapted content from the light novel’s ninth volume “Alicization Beginning” up to the 18th volume, “Alicization Everlasting”.
The first half of the series aired a total of 24 episodes from October 2018 to March 2019. A week before the premiere of the second half, a special compilation episode entitled “Reflection” will be aired on all five channels mentioned above.
Sword Art Online: Alicization is the anime adaptation of the 4th arc of Reki Kawahara’s series of light novels. The anime is set to air for four cours, or four quarters of a year. It still follows main protagonist Kirito as he participates in the experimental testing of a new FullDive machine called Soul Translator, which utilizes a completely different technology from the other machines that preceded it. When Kirito’s encounter with a former member of the Death Gun plot ends disastrously, he is smuggled to a secret base in the Pacific Ocean. There he is connected to a Soul Translator to treat his brain damage. With his physical body in a comatose, Kirito wakes up in the Underworld, the place he visits using the Soul Translator, though he retains no memory of his time there. There he is hit by a nagging feeling of familiarity of everything around him, including a golden-haired boy named Eugeo. Who is Eugeo, and why does the name Alice seem to mean so much to him?
Source: Anime News Network
- KyoAni President: 4 of 33 Injured Staff Still at the Hospital, the Rest Have Returned to Work
- Studio Ghibli Films Confirmed to be Coming to HBO Max in Spring 2020
- Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki to Study in UK for One Year Starting Spring 2020
- Weathering With You Set to Make East Coast Premiere at Anime NYC
- 1st 41 Episodes of 1986 Saint Seiya Anime Now Streaming on Netflix, Features New English Dub
- Kaguya-sama Live-Action Film Surpasses 2 Billion Yen in Ticket Sales
- ‘No Guns Life’ Anime Adaptation to have 24 Episodes
- Makoto Shinkai’s “Garden of Words” Film Gets Stage Play Adaptation in London
- Code Geass Writer, Character Designer, C.C. Voice Actress Announced as Guests at Anime NYC
- SHAFT to Produce TV Anime Adaptation of Mixed-Media Franchise “Assault Lily Project”
- Studio DEEN to Co-Produce Two-Part Sailor Moon Eternal Movie with Toei
- New Film Teaser of ‘Weathering With You’ Confirms North America Opening on January 17!
- ‘Azur Lane’ Gets New Manga to Release in December
- Cells at Work! Gets New Spinoff Manga Set Inside a Baby’s Body
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song of My Hero Academia the Movie –Heroes: Rising—Film
- Bandai Namco Releases Digimon ReArise Smartphone Game in the West
- Aniplex of America Reveals English Dub Cast of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
- “Empress of JPop” Ayumi Hamasaki Uploads All 128 of Her Music Videos on Youtube