Good news for those waiting for more news on the previously-announced anime adaptation of yuri manga Adachi to Shimamura (Adachi and Shimamura), as its two lead casts have been announced!
Akari Kito, who has voiced Blend S’ Kaho Hinata as well as (best imouto) Nezuko Kamado in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (though we rarely get to hear her speak) will be playing Adachi Sakura. Shimamura Hougetsu will be played by Miku Ito, who is also starring in another yuri anime, Fragtime, as Misuzu Moritani. She also voiced Miku Nakano in Quintessential Quintuplets.
Along with the cast announcement was the reveal of line art for the two main characters.
The announcement, which was made during the “Dengeki Bunko Aki no Namahoso Festival” this Sunday also revealed that the anime series is slated for a 2020 premiere on the TBS channel.
Adachi to Shimamura was launched in Dengeki Bunko magazine in 2013, with illustrations done by Non. The light novel series has released seven volumes so far, with the eighth to be released this Friday. In 2016, the light novel series was adapted into a three-volume manga series by Mani which was released on Square Enix’s Gangan Online website until 2017. Last March, author Iruma announced that a second manga adaptation of her work is on the way, with illustrations now to be done by Moke Yuzuhara. The new manga adaptation will be launched on May 25 in KADOKAWA’s Monthly Comic Dengeki Daioh.
Besides Adachi to Shimamura, Iruma has also written other yuri works such as Yagate Kimi ni Naru – Saeki Sayaka ni Tsuite (Bloom Into You – On Sayaka Saeki), a light novel spinoff of Nio Nakatani’s yuri manga Yagate Kimi ni Naru.
The story follows high schoolers Sakura Adachi and Hougetsu Shimamura, whose friendship started when they first met each other on the second floor of their school gymnasium. The novel shows the two girls’ spending their days together doing activities such as talking to each other about their favorite TV shows and playing table tennis together. However, their ordinary days together undergo a subtle change when Adachi starts having romantic feelings for Shimamura.
Source: Anime News Network
- KyoAni President: 4 of 33 Injured Staff Still at the Hospital, the Rest Have Returned to Work
- Studio Ghibli Films Confirmed to be Coming to HBO Max in Spring 2020
- Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki to Study in UK for One Year Starting Spring 2020
- Weathering With You Set to Make East Coast Premiere at Anime NYC
- 1st 41 Episodes of 1986 Saint Seiya Anime Now Streaming on Netflix, Features New English Dub
- Kaguya-sama Live-Action Film Surpasses 2 Billion Yen in Ticket Sales
- ‘No Guns Life’ Anime Adaptation to have 24 Episodes
- Makoto Shinkai’s “Garden of Words” Film Gets Stage Play Adaptation in London
- Code Geass Writer, Character Designer, C.C. Voice Actress Announced as Guests at Anime NYC
- SHAFT to Produce TV Anime Adaptation of Mixed-Media Franchise “Assault Lily Project”
- Studio DEEN to Co-Produce Two-Part Sailor Moon Eternal Movie with Toei
- New Film Teaser of ‘Weathering With You’ Confirms North America Opening on January 17!
- ‘Azur Lane’ Gets New Manga to Release in December
- Cells at Work! Gets New Spinoff Manga Set Inside a Baby’s Body
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song of My Hero Academia the Movie –Heroes: Rising—Film
- Bandai Namco Releases Digimon ReArise Smartphone Game in the West
- Aniplex of America Reveals English Dub Cast of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
- “Empress of JPop” Ayumi Hamasaki Uploads All 128 of Her Music Videos on Youtube