Bushiroad announced on September 30 that they have officially invested on the Gekidan Hikosen theater troupe in which they purchased 14.5% of the said troupe’s parent company Sopratico Co. from its representative director Takashi Oba. A report confirms that the company purchase was worth 33,350,000 yen (around USD $311,842).
The popular entertainment company has been conquering the Japanese and international markets due to its popular game and anime franchises like Revue Starlight, BanG Dream, Cardfight!! Vanguard, and so on. Due to this development, it’s expected that there will be upcoming adaptations of their properties in the future.
The Kawasaki City, Kanagawa prefecture-based Gekidan Hikosen was founded in 1966. It then merged with Eigeki in 2016 and since then have performed 2.5-D musical productions. Bushiroad was founded in 2008 notable for its cross-media franchises that were first from its card games like Future Card Buddyfight and Cardfight!! Vanguard. They also owned the popular anime and video game cross-over trading card game Weiss Schwarz. Other notable franchises the company owns are BanG Dream!, Revue Starlight, and Tantei Opera Milky Holmes. Bushiroad also owns the New Japan Pro Wrestling promotion.
The company has already hinted of such a partnership as last July, the company, Kadokawa, and Kinema Citrus made an announcement that they are entering into a comprehensive business partnership which aims to producing more anime content and form “stable” intellectual properties.
Source: Anime News Network
- KyoAni President: 4 of 33 Injured Staff Still at the Hospital, the Rest Have Returned to Work
- Studio Ghibli Films Confirmed to be Coming to HBO Max in Spring 2020
- Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki to Study in UK for One Year Starting Spring 2020
- Weathering With You Set to Make East Coast Premiere at Anime NYC
- 1st 41 Episodes of 1986 Saint Seiya Anime Now Streaming on Netflix, Features New English Dub
- Kaguya-sama Live-Action Film Surpasses 2 Billion Yen in Ticket Sales
- ‘No Guns Life’ Anime Adaptation to have 24 Episodes
- Makoto Shinkai’s “Garden of Words” Film Gets Stage Play Adaptation in London
- Code Geass Writer, Character Designer, C.C. Voice Actress Announced as Guests at Anime NYC
- SHAFT to Produce TV Anime Adaptation of Mixed-Media Franchise “Assault Lily Project”
- Studio DEEN to Co-Produce Two-Part Sailor Moon Eternal Movie with Toei
- New Film Teaser of ‘Weathering With You’ Confirms North America Opening on January 17!
- ‘Azur Lane’ Gets New Manga to Release in December
- Cells at Work! Gets New Spinoff Manga Set Inside a Baby’s Body
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song of My Hero Academia the Movie –Heroes: Rising—Film
- Bandai Namco Releases Digimon ReArise Smartphone Game in the West
- Aniplex of America Reveals English Dub Cast of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
- “Empress of JPop” Ayumi Hamasaki Uploads All 128 of Her Music Videos on Youtube