A new promotional video was just released for the 2nd opening song of the anime adaptation of Atsushi Ohkubo’s Fire Force. The PV features the song “MAYDAY feat. Ryo from CRYSTAL LAKE” by rock band coldrain. The song will be used on the upcoming episode 15 of the anime, which will be aired in Japan on November 1.
Watch the PV here!
MAYDAY feat.Ryo from CRYSTAL LAKE was included in the band’s sixth full album, which was released in Japan last August. Of the song band guitarist Y.K.C. said, “We think it is completed as a very heavy, cool, and dynamic song. We hope this ‘MAYDAY (feat. Ryo from Crystal Lake)’ will add grace to the TV anime ‘Fire Force’ as its opening theme.”
coldrain was formed in 2007 and debuted under VAP in 2008, eventually moving to Warner Music Japan where they stayed since 2017. This is the third time that the band will provide an anime theme song, their first being the song “8AM” which was used as the ED theme to the 2009 series Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger. In 2010, they performed the OP theme song of Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin entitled “We’re not alone”.
Fire Force’s official website has also revealed a new visual for the series last week.
Fire Force is written and illustrated by Atsushi Okubo. It has been serialized in the Weekly Shonen Magazine since its debut in 2015. David Production adapted the manga into anime and premiered it last July. Anime News Network describes its story as such:
“Terror has paralyzed the clockwork metropolis of Tokyo! Possessed by demons, people have begun to burst into flame, leading to the establishment of a special firefighting team: the Fire Force, ready to roll on a moment’s notice to fight spontaneous combustion anywhere it might break out. The team is about to get a very unique addition: Shinra, a boy who possesses the unique power to run at the speed of a rocket, leaving behind the famous “devil’s footprints” (and destroying his shoes in the process). Can the Fire Force discover the source of this strange phenomenon and put a stop to it? Or will the city burn to ashes first?”
Source: Anime News Network
- KyoAni President: 4 of 33 Injured Staff Still at the Hospital, the Rest Have Returned to Work
- Studio Ghibli Films Confirmed to be Coming to HBO Max in Spring 2020
- Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki to Study in UK for One Year Starting Spring 2020
- Weathering With You Set to Make East Coast Premiere at Anime NYC
- 1st 41 Episodes of 1986 Saint Seiya Anime Now Streaming on Netflix, Features New English Dub
- Kaguya-sama Live-Action Film Surpasses 2 Billion Yen in Ticket Sales
- ‘No Guns Life’ Anime Adaptation to have 24 Episodes
- Makoto Shinkai’s “Garden of Words” Film Gets Stage Play Adaptation in London
- Code Geass Writer, Character Designer, C.C. Voice Actress Announced as Guests at Anime NYC
- SHAFT to Produce TV Anime Adaptation of Mixed-Media Franchise “Assault Lily Project”
- Studio DEEN to Co-Produce Two-Part Sailor Moon Eternal Movie with Toei
- New Film Teaser of ‘Weathering With You’ Confirms North America Opening on January 17!
- ‘Azur Lane’ Gets New Manga to Release in December
- Cells at Work! Gets New Spinoff Manga Set Inside a Baby’s Body
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song of My Hero Academia the Movie –Heroes: Rising—Film
- Bandai Namco Releases Digimon ReArise Smartphone Game in the West
- Aniplex of America Reveals English Dub Cast of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
- “Empress of JPop” Ayumi Hamasaki Uploads All 128 of Her Music Videos on Youtube