Main Cast & 2020 Premiere Revealed for Live-Action Film Adaptation of Boys-Love Manga “Love Stage!!”
The official Twitter account of Kadokawa’s CIEL magazine has just announced the three main cast members for the live-action film adaptation of popular boys-love manga Love Stage! Lead character Izumi Sena will be played by Mahiro Sugiyama, pictured below:
Popular actor and Izumi’s love interest Ryoma Ichijo will be played by
the dreamy Hiroki Nakada:
Sena family manager Rei Sagara will be played by Shinichi Wago:
The Love Stage!! live-action film is slated for a 2020 premiere, with no exact date given as of this writing.
It will be remembered that last July, Love Stage!!’s two lead characters Izumi and Ryoma were featured on the cover of CIEL magazine for the first time since the series ended almost three years ago. Love Stage!!’s first chapter was also reprinted in the issue.
Love Stage!! was written by Eiki Eiki and illustrated by Taishi Zaou. It was first serialized in Kadokawa’s CIEL magazine in July 2010, with the last chapter published on September 2016. In 2014, the manga received an anime adaptation from J.C. Staff which aired between July and September 2014.
The story revolves around Izumi Sena, a college student who was born into a family of entertainers—his dad is a director, his mom a film actress, and his older brother the lead vocalist of popular band. A “traumatic” experience on the set of a TV commercial ten years ago—which involved him botching up a bouquet-catching scene while dressed as a girl—made Izumi develop a fear of anything related to the entertainment industry. Fast-forward to the present, and he is now an otaku college student when he crosses paths with famous actor Ryoma, who turns out to be his co-star in the traumatic commercial he starred in. Ryoma, on the other hand, actually has had a crush on Izumi since they were kids.
Source: Anime News Network
- KyoAni President: 4 of 33 Injured Staff Still at the Hospital, the Rest Have Returned to Work
- Studio Ghibli Films Confirmed to be Coming to HBO Max in Spring 2020
- Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki to Study in UK for One Year Starting Spring 2020
- Weathering With You Set to Make East Coast Premiere at Anime NYC
- 1st 41 Episodes of 1986 Saint Seiya Anime Now Streaming on Netflix, Features New English Dub
- Kaguya-sama Live-Action Film Surpasses 2 Billion Yen in Ticket Sales
- ‘No Guns Life’ Anime Adaptation to have 24 Episodes
- Makoto Shinkai’s “Garden of Words” Film Gets Stage Play Adaptation in London
- Code Geass Writer, Character Designer, C.C. Voice Actress Announced as Guests at Anime NYC
- SHAFT to Produce TV Anime Adaptation of Mixed-Media Franchise “Assault Lily Project”
- Studio DEEN to Co-Produce Two-Part Sailor Moon Eternal Movie with Toei
- New Film Teaser of ‘Weathering With You’ Confirms North America Opening on January 17!
- ‘Azur Lane’ Gets New Manga to Release in December
- Cells at Work! Gets New Spinoff Manga Set Inside a Baby’s Body
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song of My Hero Academia the Movie –Heroes: Rising—Film
- Bandai Namco Releases Digimon ReArise Smartphone Game in the West
- Aniplex of America Reveals English Dub Cast of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
- “Empress of JPop” Ayumi Hamasaki Uploads All 128 of Her Music Videos on Youtube