Anime NYC has just made a big guest announcement: the convention will be hosting none other than the popular and multi-awarded seiyuu and the Tsundere Queen herself, Rie Kugimiya! This will be Kugimiya’s first US appearance. How lucky are you New York peeps?
Dubbed as the Queen of Tsundere, Kugimiya has lent her voice to numerous and popular tsundere characters since her debut in 1992. Some of her well-known roles are Taiga Aisaka from Toradora!, Kagura from Gintama, Happy from Fairy Tail, Louise from The Familiar of Zero, and even male characters such as Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and Oda Nobunaga from Fate/Grand Order.
She has also won prestigious voice-acting awards such as Best Actress awards for both supporting and lead roles.
According to the organizers, Kugimiya is scheduled to make her appearance on Sunday, November 17 in a special panel that is accessible to fans who have Weekend and Sunday passes. Distribution of her autographs however, is not free as per the website which states:
“Ms. Kugimiya’s autograph signing will be a paid signing with signing tickets very limited in number. Her signing tickets will go on sale at 6 PM Eastern Time on October 6. Each signing ticket will be $125, and there is a limit of one per person. Ms. Kugimiya will sign one shikishi (Japanese signing board) per person, and a shikishi will be included with each signing ticket. Ms. Kugimiya will not sign merchandise or personal items. Each signing ticket also includes reserved seating during Ms. Kugimiya’s panel discussion. Her signing tickets will be available at showclix.com/event/animenyc2019. An Anime NYC Weekend or Sunday pass is also required to participate in her signing.”
Besides her, Anime NYC will also be hosting Dr. Stone manga creators Riichirou Inagaki and Boichi, Monogatari series illustrator VOFAN, along with guest performers JAM Project, Love Live! Sunshine!!’s Aqours sub-unit Guilty Kiss, BanG Dream!’s Miku Ito, TRUE, and ZAQ. The convention will also be hosting legendary Gundam creator Yoshiyuki Tomino. Tomino’s guesting at the Anime NYC is part of the celebrations for the franchise’s 40th anniversary. This will be Tomino’s first and only US appearance.
Anime NYC will be held from November 15 to 17 at the Javits Center in Midtown Manhattan.
Source: Crunchyroll News
- KyoAni President: 4 of 33 Injured Staff Still at the Hospital, the Rest Have Returned to Work
- Studio Ghibli Films Confirmed to be Coming to HBO Max in Spring 2020
- Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki to Study in UK for One Year Starting Spring 2020
- Weathering With You Set to Make East Coast Premiere at Anime NYC
- 1st 41 Episodes of 1986 Saint Seiya Anime Now Streaming on Netflix, Features New English Dub
- Kaguya-sama Live-Action Film Surpasses 2 Billion Yen in Ticket Sales
- ‘No Guns Life’ Anime Adaptation to have 24 Episodes
- Makoto Shinkai’s “Garden of Words” Film Gets Stage Play Adaptation in London
- Code Geass Writer, Character Designer, C.C. Voice Actress Announced as Guests at Anime NYC
- SHAFT to Produce TV Anime Adaptation of Mixed-Media Franchise “Assault Lily Project”
- Studio DEEN to Co-Produce Two-Part Sailor Moon Eternal Movie with Toei
- New Film Teaser of ‘Weathering With You’ Confirms North America Opening on January 17!
- ‘Azur Lane’ Gets New Manga to Release in December
- Cells at Work! Gets New Spinoff Manga Set Inside a Baby’s Body
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song of My Hero Academia the Movie –Heroes: Rising—Film
- Bandai Namco Releases Digimon ReArise Smartphone Game in the West
- Aniplex of America Reveals English Dub Cast of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
- “Empress of JPop” Ayumi Hamasaki Uploads All 128 of Her Music Videos on Youtube