Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Celebrates 15th Anniversary With Special Illustration & Messages from Lead Voice Actresses
Old but gold
heavy yuri subtext anime series Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha is celebrating its 15th anniversary this Tuesday, October 1! For the young ones, Lyrical Nanoha aired the first of its 13 episodes last October 1, 2004.
To commemorate the franchise’s 15th anniversary, the voice actresses of the main characters Yukari Tamura (Nanoha Takamachi) and Nana Mizuki (Fate Testarossa) posted special messages for Lyrical Nanoha fans.
Yukari Tamura (Nanoha Takamachi):
“Congratulations on Lyrical Nanoha’s 15th anniversary. I feel nostalgic about the day when we had a press conference for the first Nanoha at King Records’ studio. I remember I was excited with so much anticipation at the time. I never thought it would become a series that has continued even until now, 2019. I have experienced many things through the franchise, and have had a lot of fun at each time. 15 years has passed, it still makes me very excited. I am very thankful to be involved in such a wonderful franchise. If there is still something I can do, I would be happy to offer my little help. Happy 15th anniversary!”
Nana Mizuki (Fate Testarossa):
“It has been 15 years since the day when producer Mishima-san, Yukari-san, and I made the presentation at King Records’ multi-purpose room by arranging long desks and pipe chairs. After reading Tsuzuki-san’s scenario, I was strongly inspired by the character’s pure soul and its thrilling story, felt like ‘This is the series that I definitely want to deliver to many people!!’ Then the entire production team worked so hard. That feeling spread out little by little as the episodes and the series continued. I feel once again that I can’t be happier than being beside with Nanoha for such a long time along with all of you. In order to express my gratitude to Nanoha that gave so many ‘beginnings’ and to those who dedicated all of their love to Nanoha, I will do my best with my biggest love at the ‘Lyrical Live’ in January next year!! Thank you so much for 15 years!! And thank you for your continued support!!”
The franchise’s official Twitter account also posted a new memorial illustration.
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha was directed by Akiyuki Shinbo (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) and script written by Masaki Tsuzuki. It follows the story of Nanoha Takamachi, who stumbles upon the shape-shifting mage Yuno Scrya and helps him collect the Jewel Seeds. Eventually she encounters Fate Testarossa, another magical girl, whom she battles for the Jewel Seeds.
Source: Crunchyroll News
- KyoAni President: 4 of 33 Injured Staff Still at the Hospital, the Rest Have Returned to Work
- Studio Ghibli Films Confirmed to be Coming to HBO Max in Spring 2020
- Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki to Study in UK for One Year Starting Spring 2020
- Weathering With You Set to Make East Coast Premiere at Anime NYC
- 1st 41 Episodes of 1986 Saint Seiya Anime Now Streaming on Netflix, Features New English Dub
- Kaguya-sama Live-Action Film Surpasses 2 Billion Yen in Ticket Sales
- ‘No Guns Life’ Anime Adaptation to have 24 Episodes
- Makoto Shinkai’s “Garden of Words” Film Gets Stage Play Adaptation in London
- Code Geass Writer, Character Designer, C.C. Voice Actress Announced as Guests at Anime NYC
- SHAFT to Produce TV Anime Adaptation of Mixed-Media Franchise “Assault Lily Project”
- Studio DEEN to Co-Produce Two-Part Sailor Moon Eternal Movie with Toei
- New Film Teaser of ‘Weathering With You’ Confirms North America Opening on January 17!
- ‘Azur Lane’ Gets New Manga to Release in December
- Cells at Work! Gets New Spinoff Manga Set Inside a Baby’s Body
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song of My Hero Academia the Movie –Heroes: Rising—Film
- Bandai Namco Releases Digimon ReArise Smartphone Game in the West
- Aniplex of America Reveals English Dub Cast of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
- “Empress of JPop” Ayumi Hamasaki Uploads All 128 of Her Music Videos on Youtube