Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Celebrates 15th Anniversary With Special Illustration & Messages from Lead Voice Actresses
Old but gold
heavy yuri subtext anime series Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha is celebrating its 15th anniversary this Tuesday, October 1! For the young ones, Lyrical Nanoha aired the first of its 13 episodes last October 1, 2004.
To commemorate the franchise’s 15th anniversary, the voice actresses of the main characters Yukari Tamura (Nanoha Takamachi) and Nana Mizuki (Fate Testarossa) posted special messages for Lyrical Nanoha fans.
Yukari Tamura (Nanoha Takamachi):
“Congratulations on Lyrical Nanoha’s 15th anniversary. I feel nostalgic about the day when we had a press conference for the first Nanoha at King Records’ studio. I remember I was excited with so much anticipation at the time. I never thought it would become a series that has continued even until now, 2019. I have experienced many things through the franchise, and have had a lot of fun at each time. 15 years has passed, it still makes me very excited. I am very thankful to be involved in such a wonderful franchise. If there is still something I can do, I would be happy to offer my little help. Happy 15th anniversary!”
Nana Mizuki (Fate Testarossa):
“It has been 15 years since the day when producer Mishima-san, Yukari-san, and I made the presentation at King Records’ multi-purpose room by arranging long desks and pipe chairs. After reading Tsuzuki-san’s scenario, I was strongly inspired by the character’s pure soul and its thrilling story, felt like ‘This is the series that I definitely want to deliver to many people!!’ Then the entire production team worked so hard. That feeling spread out little by little as the episodes and the series continued. I feel once again that I can’t be happier than being beside with Nanoha for such a long time along with all of you. In order to express my gratitude to Nanoha that gave so many ‘beginnings’ and to those who dedicated all of their love to Nanoha, I will do my best with my biggest love at the ‘Lyrical Live’ in January next year!! Thank you so much for 15 years!! And thank you for your continued support!!”
The franchise’s official Twitter account also posted a new memorial illustration.
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha was directed by Akiyuki Shinbo (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) and script written by Masaki Tsuzuki. It follows the story of Nanoha Takamachi, who stumbles upon the shape-shifting mage Yuno Scrya and helps him collect the Jewel Seeds. Eventually she encounters Fate Testarossa, another magical girl, whom she battles for the Jewel Seeds.
Source: Crunchyroll News
- AnimeJapan 2020 is Cancelled Due to Novel Coronavirus Outbreak (COVID-19)
- Launch Trailer Revealed for “One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows” Action-Fighting Game
- April 3 Premiere Announced for New “Sakura Wars” Anime
- New English Dub Revealed for Classic Film “Tokyo Godfathers”, 4K Restored-Version Set to Screen in US
- Third and Final “Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel” Film Set for a Los Angeles Premiere
- Australian Senator Highlights Anime Depicting “Child Exploitation” in Speech, Calls for “Review” of All Anime & Manga
- Live-Action Film Adaptation of “Promised Neverland” Announces Actresses for Isabella and Krone
- “Inferno Cop” Voice Actor Junichi Goto Dies in Motorcycle Accident
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Casts James Rieser as Hakim
- 22/7 Members Mizuha Kuraoka, Urara Takatsuji Go on Hiatus Due to Poor Health
- New Teaser Trailer for Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin “Final Chapter” Films Previews Kenshin vs. Enishi Fight
- ‘Kimetsu no Yaiba’ Manga has Conquered Japan’s Weekly Manga Top 19!
- English Dub Cast of ‘BEASTARS’ Anime Revealed!
- Tokyo Train Event of ‘Final Fantasy VII Remake’ is Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus
- The Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX and HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Games are Released on Xbox One!
- There will “Likely” Be a Shortage of Nintendo Switch in U.S. and Europe Due to COVID-19
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Film Going Fast with Box Office Gross Now at $70 Million in Just 4 Days
- Funimation Streams English-Dubbed Trailer of “My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising” Anime Film