Fashion takes center stage in the just-announced TV anime adaptation of Kotoba Inoya’s manga Smile Down the Runway (Runway de Waratte). The newly-launched website for the series, which went live Monday, revealed that the anime adaptation is set to air on January 2020. The website also posted a promotional video on the series, as well as a teaser visual (see above). Check out the PV here!!
So far, only the two main cast have been announced. Female protagonist Chiyuki Fujito will be voiced by Yumiri Hanamori, who also lent her voice to Happy Sugar Life’s Asahi Kobe and Laid-Back Camp’s Nadeshiko Kagamihara, among others. On the other hand, male protagonist Ikuto Tsumura will be voiced by Natsuki Hanae, who also voiced Yuna D. Kaito from Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Arc as well as Taichi Yagami from Digimon Adventure tri, among others.
The series will be directed by Nobuyoshi Nagayama (Happy Sugar Life, My Girlfriend is a Shobitch), with Touko Machida (Lucky Star) in charge of series composition and Misaki Kaneko (chief animation director for Fruits Basket) in charge of character design. Studio Ezo’la (Happy Sugar Life) will be animating the series.
Smile Down the Runway was released in May 2017 and has been serialized in Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine ever since. So far, 12 tankobon volumes have been released for the manga. The manga is also being released digitally by Kodansha Comics in North America.
Kodansha describes the manga’s story as such:
“Chiyuki Fujito has a dream: to become a Paris Collection model. The problem is, she’s too short to be a model, and everyone around her tells her so! But no matter what they say, she won’t give up. Her classmate, a poor student named Ikuto Tsumura, also has a dream: to become a fashion designer. One day Chiyuki tells him that it’s “”probably impossible”” for him, causing him to consider giving it up … ?! This is the story of two individuals wholeheartedly chasing after their dreams in spite of all the negativity that comes after them!”
Source: Anime News Network
- KyoAni President: 4 of 33 Injured Staff Still at the Hospital, the Rest Have Returned to Work
- Studio Ghibli Films Confirmed to be Coming to HBO Max in Spring 2020
- Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki to Study in UK for One Year Starting Spring 2020
- Weathering With You Set to Make East Coast Premiere at Anime NYC
- 1st 41 Episodes of 1986 Saint Seiya Anime Now Streaming on Netflix, Features New English Dub
- Kaguya-sama Live-Action Film Surpasses 2 Billion Yen in Ticket Sales
- ‘No Guns Life’ Anime Adaptation to have 24 Episodes
- Makoto Shinkai’s “Garden of Words” Film Gets Stage Play Adaptation in London
- Code Geass Writer, Character Designer, C.C. Voice Actress Announced as Guests at Anime NYC
- SHAFT to Produce TV Anime Adaptation of Mixed-Media Franchise “Assault Lily Project”
- Studio DEEN to Co-Produce Two-Part Sailor Moon Eternal Movie with Toei
- New Film Teaser of ‘Weathering With You’ Confirms North America Opening on January 17!
- ‘Azur Lane’ Gets New Manga to Release in December
- Cells at Work! Gets New Spinoff Manga Set Inside a Baby’s Body
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song of My Hero Academia the Movie –Heroes: Rising—Film
- Bandai Namco Releases Digimon ReArise Smartphone Game in the West
- Aniplex of America Reveals English Dub Cast of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
- “Empress of JPop” Ayumi Hamasaki Uploads All 128 of Her Music Videos on Youtube