Atlus just streamed the slick new opening movie for the upcoming Persona 5 Royal, the enhanced follow-up to their highly-successful Persona 5 game. Without further ado, check it out below!
While I’ll forever miss ”Wake Up, Get Out, Get Out There”, we get a groovy new song whose (presumably) English lyrics we’ll all struggle to understand. The song’s title is yet to be released.
Of course, the opening movie features the Phantom Thieves gang plus Goro Akechi in action, as well as hitting stuff with baseball bats, diving into a sea of diamonds (Futaba tackling Anne into those must’ve hurt), and a fanservice yaoi shot of Goro and Joker—alert ATLUS KNOWS WE SHIP THEM, MAYDAY MAYDAY.
The opening movie also features our newest main character, Kasumi Yoshizawa (who is voiced by Sora Amamiya). In case you missed it, this is how she is described on the game’s official website:
A new girl who’s just transferred into Shujin Academy the same spring the protagonist transferred there. Since the age of junior high, she’s got excellent score as an acrobatic contestant, and she is expecting the future days at Shujin Academy. She loves the protagonist, but she seems to dislike the stuff about the Phantom Thieves… ? Foe, or ally — Please look forward to more upcoming reports.
In a previous trailer, she was revealed to be a Persona user, wielding a persona named Cendrillon.
The game will be adding in the Phantom Thieves’ untold third semester in Shujin Academy. A new confidant character named Takuto Maruki (voiced by Satoshi Hino) was also added. He is a part-time school counselor at Shujin, and his arcana is Le Consultant. Other new features in the game include new locations in the map, new social activities, Status Assist, more songs, and enhanced graphics with PlayStation 4 Pro support.
Persona 5 The Royal is set for a October 31, 2019 release in Japan. There is no exact date yet for a Western release, but previous announcements state that the game will be released worldwide sometime in 2020.
Source: Anime News Network
Attending Your First Convention – Dos and Don’tsNov 14, 10pmThis week, I have decided to write about things that may be essential for those who are first-timers in attending anime and hobby conventions. Even as 2019 is almost ending, it is expected that a few conventions might be happening in your state or in the city next to you very soon.
Beginner’s Guide to Starting CosplayersNov 15, 12amCosplay is just one awesome way to express your love for a certain character from any series or franchise. Some have been in this hobby for years, while there is still a lot still finding the right timing to start out and just have fun in a convention or photoshoot.
- ‘Monster Hunter’ VR Hunt and ‘Attack on Titan’ Roller Coaster to Open at Universal Studios Japan!
- Beginner’s Guide to Starting Cosplayers
- Editor of ‘One Piece’ Confirms on Creator’s Statement of Manga Ending in 5 Years
- Attending Your First Convention – Dos and Don’ts
- “One Piece Stampede” Film’s English Dub Cast Revealed to Have Been Chosen by Author Eiichiro Oda Himself
- Anime NYC to Screen 1st Two Episodes of “Magia Record”, Madoka VA & SHAFT President Set to Attend
- New Color Visual, Spring 2020 Premiere Revealed for Upcoming Film for Boys-Love Anime “Given”
- The ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ Redesign is an Example That Fan Feedback Matters
- New Main Visual & Teaser Video Revealed for Kimetsu no Yaiba Stage Play
- Summer 2020 Premiere of New “Free!” Movie Delayed Indefinitely
- New Trailer for Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Finally Debuts Sonic Redesign
- Meeting Your Idol for the First Time – Dos and Don’ts
- New Details Including Spring 2020 Premiere Revealed for “My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU” Season 3
- Kyoto Animation Reschedules Premiere of Violet Evergarden Movie to April 24
- February Theatrical Screenings & Theme Song Artist Announced for New “Sekaiichi Hatsukoi” Anime
- Katsuki Bakugo Voice Actor Nobuhiko Okamoto Joins Cast of “Cooking Master Boy” Remake
- Smartphone Game LovePlus EVERY’s Delay is Caused by Clothing-Destroying Bug
- TOEI Spider-Man Confirmed to have an Appearance in Spider-Verse Sequel