And now we have more news on Netflix’s live-action adaptation of hit sci-fi series Cowboy Bebop: according to the NZ Herald, the cast are currently in New Zealand working on the series. Stuntman Tristan Liu posted a picture of him together with Bebop’s main cast John Cho and Mustafa Shakir, along with English-Bangladeshi actor Jon Uddin. And yes, that is John Cho sporting Spike’s signature floofy hair-do.
New Zealand-based stunt coordinator Allan Poppleton of Cunning Stunts also posted an Instagram video of the Bebop casts’ stunt training for the series.
Heading the cast is John Cho (Harold and Kumar, Star Trek)who will be playing lead character Spike Spiegel, an exiled former hitman haunted by guilt over the death of the woman he loved. Mustafa Shakir (Marvel’s Luke Cage)will play Spike’s partner Jet Black, Daniella Pineda (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom)will play amnesiac con-artist Faye Valentine, and Alex Hassell (The Miniaturist)will play Vicious, Spike’s best-friend-turned-mortal-enemy. Georgian-American actress Elena Satine was recently announced for the role of Julia, Spike’s lover.
Alex Garcia Lopez, who directed Daredevil and The Witcher, is on board to direct the first two episodes of Bebop. Described by Netflix as a “Live-action TV drama”, Cowboy Bebop is slated to run for 10 episodes. No release date has been announced yet.
The live-action adaptation is a co-production between Netflix and Tomorrow Studios, which is a partnership between producer Marty Adelstein (Teen Wolf, Prison Break) and British production company ITV Studios. The original anime’s director, Shinichi Watanabe, will be serving as consultant for the Netflix adaptation. Key staff from Sunrise, the anime studio that produced the original series, will also be serving as the show’s executive producers along with other Western producers.
Cowboy Bebop follows the story of Spike Spiegel and his crew aboard the spaceship Bebop. The series is mostly about their crew’s adventures in hunting down space criminals and turning them in for a reward. The story’s main conflict, however, centers on the rivalry between Spike and his former best friend Vicious, with the former seeking to avenge the death of the woman he loved.
Source: Anime News Network
New Action-Packed Trailer Revealed for TV Anime Series of Otome Game “Koi to Producer ~EVOLxLOVE~”Jun 29, 7am
Upcoming ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Update Allows Swimming and Collecting Sea CrittersJun 26, 12pm
After Delay Due to COVID-19, Third and Final “Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel” Film Set for August 15 ReleaseJul 1, 5am
Sunrise Files Trademark for “Love Live! Superstar”; Fans Speculate That This Could Be New Series’ TitleJul 2, 5am
- The Latest Summer Update Patch for ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ is Now Available!
- Ghibli Museum to Slowly Reopen to the Public in September
- ‘Dr. Stone’ Season 2 to Air in January 2021, New Trailer Teases ‘Stone Wars’ Arc
- New Trailer Featuring 2nd Half of ‘Fruits Basket’ Season 2 Released!
- Seven Seas Announces Licenses to New Manga and Light Novel Series Titles!
- More Anime Nostalgia Incoming as RetroCrush Adds 10 Anime Titles to Growing Library
- New Promo Video Teases Return of “The Millionaire Detective – Balance: UNLIMITED”
- Sunrise Files Trademark for “Love Live! Superstar”; Fans Speculate That This Could Be New Series’ Title
- New Teaser Clip Released for Netflix’s Live-Action “JU-ON: Origins”
- After Delay Due to COVID-19, Third and Final “Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel” Film Set for August 15 Release
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song for Live-Action “Yowamushi Pedal” Film
- Release of “Tokyo Revengers” Live-Action Film Delayed Due to COVID-19
- New Trailer for Boys-Love Film “Restart wa Tadaima no Ato de” Previews Intimate Scenes
- New “Monster Girl Doctor” Promo Videos Preview Opening Theme Song
- Second Promo Video for Original Anime “The Great Pretender” Released
- New Action-Packed Trailer Revealed for TV Anime Series of Otome Game “Koi to Producer ~EVOLxLOVE~”
- New Episode of ‘Boruto’ Anime to Premiere on July 5
- ‘The Last of Us 2’ is the fast-selling Sony PS4 Game to Date, 4 Million Copies Sold