A new promotional video was streamed for the upcoming release of slice-of-life yuri comedy Yuruyuri’s 10th anniversary OVA. The new PV previews the OVA project’s opening song Yuru Tenya Wanya sung by Nanamori Chu Gorakabu, which is composed of the voice actresses for the eight main characters. Check out the super cute PV below!
The OVA project is the result of a successful Campfire crowdfunding campaign which ran from December 25 to February 15. The campaign collected a total of 87, 936, 374 yen from 4,567 backers, which exceeded the campaign’s goal of 10 million yen. Backers will receive a limited-edition Blu-ray starting mid-September. On the other hand, the general public will be able to buy the OVA starting November 13, 2019. Currently the item is already listed in Amazon Japan and will retail for 8, 800 yen (roughly $82.60).
The Blu-ray disc comes bundled with a soundtrack CD that includes the TV size versions of new songs, ”Yuruyuri Tenya wanya”, which is the opening theme song of the OVA, and the ED song ”Ripitte Chime”. Along with the OP and ED songs is an audio commentary as well from members of the Nanamori-chu Goraku-bu, the school club featured in the series.
The OVA is directed by Daigo Yamagishi (assistant director & storyboards for Shinkansen Henkei Robo Shinkalion the Animation) with Takahiro (Release the Spyce) writing the scripts. Character design and chief animation will be done by Kazutoshi Inoue (Release the Spyce). The OVA will be produced by studio Lay-duce (Release the Spyce).
Yuruyuri (literally “Easygoing Yuri”) is a yuri manga series written and illustrated by Namori. It was first serialized in Ichijinsha’s Comic Yuri Hime S magazine on June 2008 and eventually moved to Comic Yuri Hime in 2010. In 2011, the manga was adapted into an anime series by Doga Kobo, which aired from July to September of that year. The second season aired the following year, and a third season aired in 2015.
The manga follows the daily lives of the members of the Nanamori Middle School’s Amusement Club (Goraku-bu): Akari Akaza, her childhood friends Kyōko Toshinō and Yui Funami, her classmate Chinatsu Yoshikawa, and their school’s Student Council.
Source: Anime News Network
- Toonami to Premiere Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on October 12
- Live-Action “Hell Girl” Film Previews Theme Song in New Trailer, Reveals New Poster
- Nintendo Previews Gameplay of Upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake
- New Trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake Previews Turks, Don Corneo
- Atlus Reveals Opening Movie for Persona 5 Royal
- Score a Date with a Finger-Lickin’ Good Colonel Sanders in Dating Simulator Game by KFC
- Sword Art Online: Alicization – War of the Underworld Premiere Date Set on October 12
- Kaguya-sama Film Puts an End to Weathering With You’s 8-Week Box Office Domination
- New Trailer & Details Revealed for OVA Adaptation of Yuri Manga “Fragtime”
- New PV, Release Date & Other Details Revealed for Madoka Magica Side-Story Anime
- Devil May Cry 2 Gets a Nintendo Switch Release on September 19
- Violet Evergarden Film Delayed from Original January 2020 Opening
- 2019 Premiere of Yuri!!! On Ice Anime Film Postponed
- Crowdfunding Launched for Karakai Jozu no Takagi-San VR Anime
- One Piece Creator Eiichiro Oda: “I Want to End One Piece Manga in Five Years”
- Cast of Netflix’s Live-Action Cowboy Bebop Currently Prepping in New Zealand
- New Details Revealed on Upcoming Remake of Cooking Master Boy
- K-ON’s Houkago Tea Time Make Surprise Appearance at Animelo Summer Live 2019