Slice-of-life comedy yuri manga Yuruyuri is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year with an OVA release! This was announced via the anime series’ official website.
The OVA project is the result of a successful Campfire crowdfunding campaign which ran from December 25 to February 15. The campaign collected a total of 87, 936, 374 yen from 4,567 backers, which exceeded the campaign’s goal of 10 million yen. Backers will receive a limited-edition Blu-ray starting mid-September. On the other hand, the general public will be able to buy the OVA starting November 13, 2019. Currently the item is already listed in Amazon Japan and will retail for 8, 800 yen (roughly $82.60).
The Blu-ray disc also comes bundled with a soundtrack CD that includes the TV size versions of new songs, ”Yuruyuri Tenya wanya”, which is the opening theme song of the OVA, and the ED song ”Ripitte Chime”. Along with the OP and ED songs is an audio commentary as well from members of the Nanamori-chu Goraku-bu, the school club featured in the series.
The OVA is directed by Daigo Yamagishi (assistant director & storyboards for Shinkansen Henkei Robo Shinkalion the Animation) with Takahiro (Release the Spyce) writing the scripts. Character design and chief animation will be done by Kazutoshi Inoue (Release the Spyce). The OVA will be produced by studio Lay-duce (Release the Spyce).
Yuruyuri (literally “Easygoing Yuri”) is a yuri manga series written and illustrated by Namori. It was first serialized in Ichijinsha’s Comic Yuri Hime S magazine on June 2008 and eventually moved to Comic Yuri Hime in 2010. In 2011, the manga was adapted into an anime series by Doga Kobo, which aired from July to September of that year. The second season aired the following year, and a third season aired in 2015.
The manga follows the daily lives of the members of the Nanamori Middle School’s Amusement Club (Goraku-bu): Akari Akaza, her childhood friends Kyōko Toshinō and Yui Funami, her classmate Chinatsu Yoshikawa, and their school’s Student Council.
Source: Crunchyroll News
Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1 Jan 17, 9amWe are back again with another round-up of these kinds of guides to help beginner con attendees and cosplayers on their first convention. As observed, there are some cosplayers who make mistakes during the event.
- New Teaser Visual Released for “Assault Lily Bouquet”, Rie Takahashi Joins Cast
- Netflix Set to Release Studio Ghibli Films Worldwide Starting February 1 (Except N. America and Japan, That Is)
- Love Live! Franchise Announces New Project, Details to be Revealed on January 30
- Fruits Basket Season 2 Set for a Spring 2020 Premiere!
- Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1
- ‘Pokemon Sword and Shield’ Still Top the First Weeks of 2020 Japan Video Game Rankings
- ‘Weathering With You’ Conquers U.S. Box Office at #2!
- Supernatural Boys-Love Manga “The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window” Gets Live-Action Film Adaptation
- “Whisper of the Heart” Manga Gets Live-Action Film Adaptation
- Select US Theaters List Anime Film “Ride Your Wave” as Showing on February 19
- New Main Visual for 24th Detective Conan Movie Features Akai Family
- Animated Promo Video Released for “Cells at Work! Black” Manga
- 1st Teaser Trailer Revealed for Live-Action Film Adaptation of Boys-Love Manga “Love Stage!!”
- Violet Evergarden Side-Story “Eternity and Auto Memories Doll” Gets Theatrical US Screenings
- Atlus Releases Opening Video for “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers”
- Square Enix Delays Final Fantasy VII Remake Release to April 10
- Konomi Suzuki, nonoc Return to Sing Theme Songs for Re:ZERO Season 2
- BEASTARS to be Available in Netflix Outside Japan on March 13!