Heads up FF VIII fans! Square Enix just released a new trailer for its upcoming Remastered release of the classic Final Fantasy VIII game this Monday. The trailer revealed the game’s release on September 3, just in time for the game’s 20th anniversary. Check it out below!
The trailer also indicated that Final Fantasy VIII Remastered will be released for the Playstation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam. The game is already available for pre-order at the game’s official website, which you can access here.
Note however, that this FFVIII is simply a remaster, so don’t expect amazing upgrades in the gameplay and graphics like what Final Fantasy VII got. FF VIII will be getting upgrades though, but not as grand as VII’s. According to Square Enix, the upgrades include new character models and enhanced graphics, a battle assist mode, an option to turn off random encounters, and a speed boost for the game.
To note, all Final Fantasy games have been made available on modern consoles these past years, all except Final Fantasy VIII. This was further highlighted during last year’s Nintendo Direct, when Final Fantasy 7, 9, 10, 10-2 and 12 were all announced to be ported to Nintendo Switch. Of course, fans did not fail to notice that 8 appeared to not make the cut. With this upcoming Remaster, FF VIII is the forgotten child no more.
Final Fantasy VIII was first released in 1999 for the Play Station console. The game follows main character Squall Leonhart, leader of a group of mercenaries who are drawn into a conflict with the sorceress Ultimecia, who wishes to compress time. As Squall and his group battle Ultimecia, he falls in love with one of his comrades Rinoa Heartilly.
Source: Anime News Network
Attending Your First Convention – Dos and Don’tsNov 14, 10pmThis week, I have decided to write about things that may be essential for those who are first-timers in attending anime and hobby conventions. Even as 2019 is almost ending, it is expected that a few conventions might be happening in your state or in the city next to you very soon.
Beginner’s Guide to Starting CosplayersNov 15, 12amCosplay is just one awesome way to express your love for a certain character from any series or franchise. Some have been in this hobby for years, while there is still a lot still finding the right timing to start out and just have fun in a convention or photoshoot.
- ‘Monster Hunter’ VR Hunt and ‘Attack on Titan’ Roller Coaster to Open at Universal Studios Japan!
- Beginner’s Guide to Starting Cosplayers
- Editor of ‘One Piece’ Confirms on Creator’s Statement of Manga Ending in 5 Years
- Attending Your First Convention – Dos and Don’ts
- “One Piece Stampede” Film’s English Dub Cast Revealed to Have Been Chosen by Author Eiichiro Oda Himself
- Anime NYC to Screen 1st Two Episodes of “Magia Record”, Madoka VA & SHAFT President Set to Attend
- New Color Visual, Spring 2020 Premiere Revealed for Upcoming Film for Boys-Love Anime “Given”
- The ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ Redesign is an Example That Fan Feedback Matters
- New Main Visual & Teaser Video Revealed for Kimetsu no Yaiba Stage Play
- Summer 2020 Premiere of New “Free!” Movie Delayed Indefinitely
- New Trailer for Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Finally Debuts Sonic Redesign
- Meeting Your Idol for the First Time – Dos and Don’ts
- New Details Including Spring 2020 Premiere Revealed for “My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU” Season 3
- Kyoto Animation Reschedules Premiere of Violet Evergarden Movie to April 24
- February Theatrical Screenings & Theme Song Artist Announced for New “Sekaiichi Hatsukoi” Anime
- Katsuki Bakugo Voice Actor Nobuhiko Okamoto Joins Cast of “Cooking Master Boy” Remake
- Smartphone Game LovePlus EVERY’s Delay is Caused by Clothing-Destroying Bug
- TOEI Spider-Man Confirmed to have an Appearance in Spider-Verse Sequel