The official website of animation studio Production I.G. has just announced that their original TV anime series Kabukicho Sherlock will be part of the late-night programming block ”Animeism”. Furthermore, the animation studio has announced October 11 as the official release date of the series.
Kabukicho Sherlock is a modern-day reimagination of the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s characters as amateur sleuths living in modern-day Tokyo’s red light district trying to solve a series of killings dubbed as the “Jack the Ripper Murders”. The show’s official website describes the anime’s story as such:
”The East Side of Shinjuku Ward … The neon-lit Kabuki-chō district stretches across the center of this chaotic city. Where light shines, there are also deep shadows. Yet even deep in this darkness where evildoers lurk, the light of a detective tenement shines. The tenement run by Mrs. Hudson has seven peculiar, shady individuals.
The curtains has risen on this stage on the night when a bizarre murder by Jack the Ripper has occurred. Is this suspense? No, comedy? An indistinguishable drama is about to begin…”
Below is the third official trailer of the series, which you can also check out:
Kabukicho Sherlock is directed by Ai Yoshimura (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU), with Taku Kishimoto (ERASED, Joker Game) in charge of writing the scripts. Character design is done by Toshiyuki Yahagi (Persona 5 The Animation) and music is composed by Takuro Iga (Tsuki ga Kirei). The anime’s OP is sung by EGO-WRAPPIN’.
Previously-announced main cast are:
• Katsuyuki Konishi as Sherlock Holmes
• Yūichi Nakamura as John H. Watson
• Seiichirō Yamashita as James Moriarty
• Sōma Saitō as Fuyuto Kyogoku
• Nao Tōyama as Mary Morstan
• Mariko Higashiuchi as Lucy Morstan
• Yutaka Aoyama as Michel Belmont
• Tatsumaru Tachibana as Toratarō Kobayashi
• Junichi Suwabe as Mrs. Hudson
Source: Crunchyroll News
Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1 Jan 17, 9amWe are back again with another round-up of these kinds of guides to help beginner con attendees and cosplayers on their first convention. As observed, there are some cosplayers who make mistakes during the event.
- 2nd Promo Video for “My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!” Reveals More Cast, Ending Song Artist
- Live-Action Film of Boys-Love Manga “The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese” Set for a June 2020 Release
- Revue Starlight Compilation Film Set for A May 29 Premiere in Japan
- Netflix Reveals Promotional Video for Second Part of Saint Seiya 3DCG Remake
- Log Horizon Season 3 to Premiere this October
- LiSA Announces Marriage with Voice Actor Tatsuhisa Suzuki
- New ‘My Hero Academia’ Video Gives a Sneak Peek in School Festival Arc
- A Sneak-Peek into Japan’s ‘Attack on Titan XR’ Ride
- Kingdom Hearts “Project Xehanort” for Smartphones Unveiled by Square Enix.
- ‘Beastars’ Manga Creator Hints that the Series is Ending
- Actor Taishi Nakagawa to Voice Sonic in ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Japanese Dub
- ‘Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution’ will be Added on Netflix on February 27
- New Teaser Visual Released for “Assault Lily Bouquet”, Rie Takahashi Joins Cast
- Netflix Set to Release Studio Ghibli Films Worldwide Starting February 1 (Except N. America and Japan, That Is)
- Love Live! Franchise Announces New Project, Details to be Revealed on January 30
- Fruits Basket Season 2 Set for a Spring 2020 Premiere!
- Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1
- ‘Pokemon Sword and Shield’ Still Top the First Weeks of 2020 Japan Video Game Rankings