The Violet Evergarden side-story entitled Violet Evergarden: Eternity and Auto Memories Doll (Violet Evergarden Gaiden: Eien to Jidō Shuki Ningyō) has just released a new trailer on Tuesday. Besides previewing the (expectedly) stunning animation and scenery for the upcoming side-story, the trailer also revealed new cast members and the anime’s theme song ”Amy” by Minori Chihara. Without further ado, check out the trailer below!
According to Anime News Network, the side story ”centers on Isabella, the heir to a noble house. She attends a school for well-groomed young women, under a “contract” with her father. To her, this beautiful place where white camelias bloom is nothing more than a prison. Having resigned all hope and expectations for her future, Isabella meets her new manners teacher, Violet Evergarden.”
Isabella York (the girl with the glasses) will be played by Minako Kotobuki (Nanamin Touko in Bloom Into You). Taylor Bartlett, the young girl in the trailer, will be played by Aoi Yuki (Tsuyu Asui in My Hero Academia, credited as Aoi Yabusaki). Taylor is described as “a girl with no family who pays Violet a visit.”
The side-story was earlier announced to be pushing through with its initially announced release date in Japanese theaters on September 6. Not only that, but it will now screen for three weeks instead of the originally scheduled two, showing from September 6 to 26.
The side-story will be directed by Haruka Fujita (Sound! Euphonium), who also directed episodes for the anime series.
First released as a light novel series written by Kana Akatsuki and illustrated by Akiko Takase, Violet Evergarden won the grand prize in the fifth Kyoto Animation Awards novel category in 2014. It was then published in 2015 by KyoAni’s publishing arm, KA Esuma Bunko, and was then subsequently adapted into a 13-episode anime series by the same studio. The anime series premiered on January 2018 in Japan and in other countries as well via Netflix. The story revolves around Violet Evergarden, a robot who was once used as a soldier in a recently-ended war. She tries to reintegrate into society by becoming an Auto Memory Doll, or robots hired by people to write for them. The series follows her in learning how to become an Auto Memory Doll, understanding the feelings of people and the world around her, and trying to comprehend her former major’s dying words to her: “I love you”.
Source: Anime News Network
Date A Live Announces New Anime ProjectSep 18, 6amHeads up, Date A Live fans. A new anime project for the franchise has just been announced this Wednesday. According to the series’s official website, planning is underway for a new anime. However, it was not specified what form the project will take.
- New PV Revealed for Jet Ski Girls Anime “Kandagawa Jet Girls”
- Date A Live Announces New Anime Project
- New PV for Babylon TV Anime Previews OP Song, New Cast Members, 3 Story Arcs
- “Smile Down the Runway” Manga Gets Anime Adaptation
- Theatrical Screenings of Violet Evergarden Side-Story Gets Two-Week Extension Due to Success
- Character Visuals Unveiled for Upcoming Persona 5 Stage Play
- Toonami to Premiere Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on October 12
- Live-Action “Hell Girl” Film Previews Theme Song in New Trailer, Reveals New Poster
- Nintendo Previews Gameplay of Upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake
- New Trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake Previews Turks, Don Corneo
- Atlus Reveals Opening Movie for Persona 5 Royal
- Score a Date with a Finger-Lickin’ Good Colonel Sanders in Dating Simulator Game by KFC
- Sword Art Online: Alicization – War of the Underworld Premiere Date Set on October 12
- Kaguya-sama Film Puts an End to Weathering With You’s 8-Week Box Office Domination
- New Trailer & Details Revealed for OVA Adaptation of Yuri Manga “Fragtime”
- New PV, Release Date & Other Details Revealed for Madoka Magica Side-Story Anime
- Devil May Cry 2 Gets a Nintendo Switch Release on September 19
- Violet Evergarden Film Delayed from Original January 2020 Opening