The upcoming live-action film adaptation of Wotakoi (Wotaku ni Koi Wa Muzukashii or Love is Hard for Otaku) has just revealed a gloriously funny 30-second teaser trailer this Tuesday. It’s chock-full of the hilarious things we all loved in the series, such as Narumi going gaga over BL items in Comiket and Hanako in crossplay, among many others. Check it out below!
In addition, the official website of the upcoming live-action film also released a new teaser visual for the film.
Yuichi Fukuda, who directed the live-action Gintama film, is directing the film.
Mitsuki Takahata will be playing the lovable fujoshi Momose Narumi, with Kento Yamazaki as her game otaku boyfriend Hirotaka Nifuji. The secondary leads were announced just last month, with Nanao to be playing Kabakura Tarou aka the shoujo-obsessed otaku. Takumi Saitou is set to play Hanako Koyanagi, a famous crossplayer and Narumi’s fellow BL fan.
The film is slated for a September 7, 2020 premiere. The film was originally set for a 2019 premiere but was pushed back for a year.
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii started as a Japanese webmanga series on Pixiv, written and illustrated by Fujita. Main character Momose Narumi is a hardcore fujoshi who tries her best to keep this side of her a secret from everyone, especially at work. When she starts dating her childhood friend and gaming otaku Hirotaka Nifuji, both of them navigate through the ups and downs of having a romantic relationship with a fellow otaku. Secondary couple Kabakura, a huge shoujo fan, and Hanako, a famous cosplayer, also find ways to deal with each other’s fiery personalities, with Hanako always taking advantage of Kabakura’s secret obsession with shoujo manga to always get her way with him.
A-1 Pictures also adapted Wotakoi as an 11-episode animé series, which aired from April to June 2018.
Source: Anime News Network
Character Trailer Revealed for TV Anime Adaptation of Yongje Park Manhwa “The God of High School” May 28, 6am
Non Non Biyori Season 3 Reveals 1st Key Visual, January 2021 Premiere, Official Title, Returning Cast & StaffMay 26, 6am
Freddie Mercury’s “The Great Pretender” Cover is Opening Theme Song for “The Great Pretender” AnimeJun 1, 6am
English-Subbed Trailer Released for Fire Force Season 2, Opening Theme Song “SPARK-AGAIN” PreviewedMay 26, 6am
- After Being Delayed by COVID-19, “No Guns No Life” 2nd Half Now Set for a July Premiere
- Freddie Mercury’s “The Great Pretender” Cover is Opening Theme Song for “The Great Pretender” Anime
- ‘Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma’ Season Five Anime Returns on July 3!
- Osamu Tezuka’s Anime Classics will be Available for Streaming in June
- Promo Video for Final Season of ‘Attack on Titan’ Anime Reveals New Staff of MAPPA
- Hooo…WHO?! ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Reigns and Still Number 1 in Japan’s Video Game Rankings
- Gotta Go Fast…Again!: ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Film is Getting a Sequel
- “Fire Force” Season 2 Ending Theme Song to be Sung by Rock Band Cider Girl
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Gets Smartphone Puzzle Game This Year
- Character Trailer Revealed for TV Anime Adaptation of Yongje Park Manhwa “The God of High School”
- Live-Action “Rurouni Kenshin” Films Delayed to Spring 2021 Due to COVID-19
- Smartphone Game Announced for “Saga of Tanya the Evil”
- Kyoto Animation Arson Suspect Finally Arrested After 10 Months of Treatment
- Non Non Biyori Season 3 Reveals 1st Key Visual, January 2021 Premiere, Official Title, Returning Cast & Staff
- Re:ZERO Smartphone Game Reveals Title and Summer 2020 Release in New Teaser Video
- “Jujutsu Kaisen” TV Anime Adaptation Reveals First Key Visual
- English-Subbed Trailer Released for Fire Force Season 2, Opening Theme Song “SPARK-AGAIN” Previewed
- US Customs Seized a Massive 86,000 of ‘Pokemon’ Bootleg Figures