The upcoming live-action film adaptation of Wotakoi (Wotaku ni Koi Wa Muzukashii or Love is Hard for Otaku) has just revealed a gloriously funny 30-second teaser trailer this Tuesday. It’s chock-full of the hilarious things we all loved in the series, such as Narumi going gaga over BL items in Comiket and Hanako in crossplay, among many others. Check it out below!
In addition, the official website of the upcoming live-action film also released a new teaser visual for the film.
Yuichi Fukuda, who directed the live-action Gintama film, is directing the film.
Mitsuki Takahata will be playing the lovable fujoshi Momose Narumi, with Kento Yamazaki as her game otaku boyfriend Hirotaka Nifuji. The secondary leads were announced just last month, with Nanao to be playing Kabakura Tarou aka the shoujo-obsessed otaku. Takumi Saitou is set to play Hanako Koyanagi, a famous crossplayer and Narumi’s fellow BL fan.
The film is slated for a September 7, 2020 premiere. The film was originally set for a 2019 premiere but was pushed back for a year.
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii started as a Japanese webmanga series on Pixiv, written and illustrated by Fujita. Main character Momose Narumi is a hardcore fujoshi who tries her best to keep this side of her a secret from everyone, especially at work. When she starts dating her childhood friend and gaming otaku Hirotaka Nifuji, both of them navigate through the ups and downs of having a romantic relationship with a fellow otaku. Secondary couple Kabakura, a huge shoujo fan, and Hanako, a famous cosplayer, also find ways to deal with each other’s fiery personalities, with Hanako always taking advantage of Kabakura’s secret obsession with shoujo manga to always get her way with him.
A-1 Pictures also adapted Wotakoi as an 11-episode animé series, which aired from April to June 2018.
Source: Anime News Network
- Visuals, Cast, Run Dates Revealed for Kimetsu no Yaiba Stage Play
- John Cho’s Injury on Cowboy Bebop Set Puts Production on Hold for 7-9 Months
- 1st Sailor Moon Eternal Movie Set for a September 11, 2020 Theatrical Release
- Card Game ‘Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters!’ Now has a Record of 10,000 Unique Cards
- Smartphone Game ‘Love Plus EVERY’ to Finally Launch on October 31
- Director Taika Waititi States that Live-Action “Akira” Film Will Still Happen
- New Trailer Revealed for Second Season of Fruits Basket 2019
- Season 2 Officially Announced for Kaguya-sama: Love is War
- New Teaser Trailer & 2020 Premiere Revealed for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Film
- KyoAni President: 4 of 33 Injured Staff Still at the Hospital, the Rest Have Returned to Work
- Studio Ghibli Films Confirmed to be Coming to HBO Max in Spring 2020
- Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki to Study in UK for One Year Starting Spring 2020
- Weathering With You Set to Make East Coast Premiere at Anime NYC
- 1st 41 Episodes of 1986 Saint Seiya Anime Now Streaming on Netflix, Features New English Dub
- Kaguya-sama Live-Action Film Surpasses 2 Billion Yen in Ticket Sales
- ‘No Guns Life’ Anime Adaptation to have 24 Episodes
- Makoto Shinkai’s “Garden of Words” Film Gets Stage Play Adaptation in London
- Code Geass Writer, Character Designer, C.C. Voice Actress Announced as Guests at Anime NYC