Running out of t-shirts to wear? Want to proclaim to the world your love for legendary magical girl franchise Sailor Moon? Well those are just some of my many reasons to rush to the nearest Uniqlo outlet soon, as the Japanese clothing company has just released the full line of its collaboration with Naoko Takeuchi’s Sailor Moon!
The Sailor Moon x UNIQLO UT Collaboration is still part of the franchise’s 25th anniversary celebrations—yes, I know they’ve been celebrating that since 2017, but heck, as long as I get all these goodies then I won’t bat an eyelash. Uniqlo’s line of Sailor Moon shirts will drop in stores worldwide as well as on their online shop on August 23. Each shirt will retail at $14.90.
Without further ado, check out all eight shirts below!
As a Moonie, I think these designs are too few! Where are the Outer Senshi??? Where are my villains? I need more designs!
Sailor Moon was first launched and serialized in 1991 in Nakayoshi. Naoko Takeuchi’s work has since earned critical acclaim, numerous accolades, and has become one of the most lucrative and enduring anime franchises, selling over 35 million manga copies worldwide and earning an estimated $5 billion from merchandise sales alone.
Uniqlo’s line of t-shirts called UT (which basically stands for Uniqlo T-shirts) is part of the company’s LifeWear branding. According to their website, LifeWear “embodies a quest to enhance individual lifestyles by delivering quality clothing that is functional in design and versatile to wear”. Since its launch in 2003, Uniqlo UT shirts have released collaborations with numerous Japanese pop culture icons such as Shonen Jump characters and even woodblock Edo-era Ukiyo-E designs.
Source: Cruncyroll News
- Visuals, Cast, Run Dates Revealed for Kimetsu no Yaiba Stage Play
- John Cho’s Injury on Cowboy Bebop Set Puts Production on Hold for 7-9 Months
- 1st Sailor Moon Eternal Movie Set for a September 11, 2020 Theatrical Release
- Card Game ‘Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters!’ Now has a Record of 10,000 Unique Cards
- Smartphone Game ‘Love Plus EVERY’ to Finally Launch on October 31
- Director Taika Waititi States that Live-Action “Akira” Film Will Still Happen
- New Trailer Revealed for Second Season of Fruits Basket 2019
- Season 2 Officially Announced for Kaguya-sama: Love is War
- New Teaser Trailer & 2020 Premiere Revealed for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Film
- KyoAni President: 4 of 33 Injured Staff Still at the Hospital, the Rest Have Returned to Work
- Studio Ghibli Films Confirmed to be Coming to HBO Max in Spring 2020
- Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki to Study in UK for One Year Starting Spring 2020
- Weathering With You Set to Make East Coast Premiere at Anime NYC
- 1st 41 Episodes of 1986 Saint Seiya Anime Now Streaming on Netflix, Features New English Dub
- Kaguya-sama Live-Action Film Surpasses 2 Billion Yen in Ticket Sales
- ‘No Guns Life’ Anime Adaptation to have 24 Episodes
- Makoto Shinkai’s “Garden of Words” Film Gets Stage Play Adaptation in London
- Code Geass Writer, Character Designer, C.C. Voice Actress Announced as Guests at Anime NYC